IndiaDivine.org

Older mothers (was marrying meaties)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I wouldn't leave it too long though, female fertility on average declines quickly after 35, better to have a child before 35. Having one unplanned after 35 is quite unusual although it happened to me and Cherie Blair! And I was only 37 so not that old.

Lots of career women trying for their first after 35 end up having IVF.

Actually maybe on your healthy diet you will be OK but you will be sad if you find you have difficulty when you try and find it doesn't happen naturally.

Even if your child is not kept 100% vegan by everyone else around you in the early years, your influence as the mother still has a good chance of winning through overall, and especially if you take him/her on a few demos and family friendly vegan social events.

There were loads of veggie and vegan families on the demo and the Food for Life festival yesterday, the whole movement is definitely getting more geared to families, there was a kids drawing and mask-making area, and apparently there was a speaker on raising kids veggie/vegan. I also heard that Juliet Gellatly of Viva has just had twins!

One catering stall had a newborn baby there, the mum was one of the people running the stall.

I think it's Viva's influence that has a lot to do with it, they are definitely the most family-friendly of the AR organisations.

We had a good time and my son got the chance to shout on the demo "End Factory Farming!" He enjoyed that, I thought he would have a croaky voice today but he is fine!

It also helped that we met an old friend we knew from years ago in Young Vegetarians, we had had not seen him for a while and he was lovely with the kids, made me feel a bit less alienated from the veggie/vegan world for once. If our other old friends had been like that I would never have been depressed I'm convinced of it.

Lesley

Ian McDonald [ian]14 July 2002 00:54 Subject: Re: Re: Marrying meatiesIs there going to be a way in the future?--Believe me - it would be war. I've just turned 30 so I have beenthinking about children a lot. But there's no way right now. So I burythe problem in the sand! Janey x-- Ian McDonaldhttp://www.mcdonald.me.uk/To send an email to -

Guest guest

Didn't see you yester day Lesley but saw Dr McD briefly . I was busy doing Veggies catering and whan I say busy I mean busy !!!!!

I've Just got kicked off John Allens message board ( for not snipping ! when I thought I was ----I'm such a bad person !!!!!! ), and I would like to appologise to you for his rude personal comments about you that for some reason he made to me !!!!.

I hate people criticising behind someones back ----The actions of a gutless type imo--- so of course I felt obliged to let you know. He used bad language when talking to me so I told him how common he is.

Lesley Dove [Lesley] 14 July 2002 10:59 Subject: Older mothers (was marrying meaties)

There were loads of veggie and vegan families on the demo and the Food for Life festival yesterday, the whole movement is definitely getting more geared to families, there was a kids drawing and mask-making area, and apparently there was a speaker on raising kids veggie/vegan. I also heard that Juliet Gellatly of Viva has just had twins!

I think it's Viva's influence that has a lot to do with it, they are definitely the most family-friendly of the AR organisations.

It also helped that we met an old friend we knew from years ago in Young Vegetarians, we had had not seen him for a while and he was lovely with the kids, made me feel a bit less alienated from the veggie/vegan world for once.

Lesley

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002

Guest guest

Ooh please tell me what John Allan said about me, I would like to know! If they were on the list obviously I am banned and cannot see them.

Lesley

Angie Wright [angiewright]14 July 2002 17:07 Subject: RE: Older mothers (was marrying meaties)

Didn't see you yester day Lesley but saw Dr McD briefly . I was busy doing Veggies catering and whan I say busy I mean busy !!!!!

I've Just got kicked off John Allens message board ( for not snipping ! when I thought I was ----I'm such a bad person !!!!!! ), and I would like to appologise to you for his rude personal comments about you that for some reason he made to me !!!!.

I hate people criticising behind someones back ----The actions of a gutless type imo--- so of course I felt obliged to let you know. He used bad language when talking to me so I told him how common he is.

Lesley Dove [Lesley] 14 July 2002 10:59 Subject: Older mothers (was marrying meaties)

It also helped that we met an old friend we knew from years ago in Young Vegetarians, we had had not seen him for a while and he was lovely with the kids, made me feel a bit less alienated from the veggie/vegan world for once.

Lesley

To send an email to -