Guest guest

Does anyone have the " dry " container for the Vita Mix? I was curious if:

a. do you use it often?

b. can you do multiple cups of flax?

c. ever try cacao beans in it?

d. how about making nut " flour " ?

Thanks, Shari

• 3 years later...

Hi Nancy and all,If you're looking to make less than family-sized portions, a great alternative is The Magic Bullet. You can pick it up at Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linens and Things or order online. It costs about $50. Motor as strong as a Vita.

Comes with 4 mugs (to which you screw in the blade), two blades, various covers for the mugs. I've had mine for years and many raw foodies own one. It's actually better for green smoothies because it's a closed so less oxidation takes place.

HTH,Sharon~~Sharon Greenspan, M. Ed, CLFL, HTPA301-816-0752www.wildsuccess.uswww.wildsuccess.us/naturalzing --for raw food snacks, ingredients and kitchen needs

Natural Health Coach * nutrition coaching * energy healing * lifestyle coaching* raw food classes

Thanks for that info, I just happened to see this post and I am also

interested in making green smoothies but unable to afford a VitaMix so

will look forward to trying this out. Both of these stores offer 20%

off coupons too :) I do juice daily with my Green Star juicer but

wanted to try the smoothies. anne ,

" Sharon Greenspan " <sharon wrote:

>

> Hi Nancy and all,

>

> If you're looking to make less than family-sized portions, a great

> alternative is The Magic Bullet. You can pick it up at Bed, Bath &

Beyond or

> Linens and Things or order online. It costs about $50. Motor as

strong as a

> Vita.

>

> Comes with 4 mugs (to which you screw in the blade), two blades, various

> covers for the mugs. I've had mine for years and many raw foodies

own one.

> It's actually better for green smoothies because it's a closed so less

> oxidation takes place.

>

> HTH,

> Sharon

>

Hi Nancy,

Don't forget about Jack LaLaine's Health Master 100 Blender. We looked into that one about two years ago and have seen it in action. It's the best substitute for a Vita Mix that we've seen. The price has also dropped from $150.00 to $119.00. If this link doesn't work just google Jack LaLaine's Blenders.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ultimate-weight-products.com/page/UN/PROD/blender/H-JL-HM100 & QTS=froogle

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

"pnparlette" <pnparlette Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:09:37 PM RE: Vita mix

Anyone in the Balt/DC area have a vitamix they seldom use and want to sell at a discount?

I'm looking for one.

Thanks

Nancy

Yes,

My sister-in-law has one of his and really likes it... Hmmm decisions, decisions....

Thanks.

N

On Behalf Of E. Rice-FellsWednesday, August 13, 2008 10:18 PM Subject: Re: RE: Vita mix

Hi Nancy,

Don't forget about Jack LaLaine's Health Master 100 Blender. We looked into that one about two years ago and have seen it in action. It's the best substitute for a Vita Mix that we've seen. The price has also dropped from $150.00 to $119.00. If this link doesn't work just google Jack LaLaine's Blenders.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ultimate-weight-products.com/page/UN/PROD/blender/H-JL-HM100 & QTS=froogle

Elaine

"pnparlette (AT) comcast (DOT) net" <pnparlette (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:09:37 PM RE: Vita mix

Anyone in the Balt/DC area have a vitamix they seldom use and want to sell at a discount?

I'm looking for one.

Thanks

Nancy

Find a home show where vita mix is vending, talk to the venders and buy one of theirs at a discount..

Zatiti Ema, NDLooking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

I looked into this blender also (Jack LaLaine's Health Master 100 Blender). It has some questionable reviews on Amazon. Apparently many people have had problems with the bearings breaking within the machine after several months of regular use. So frustrating. I am using a cheap blender right now and I feel like I am torturing the poor thing every time I make a smoothie. (average mix time for basic smoothie 3 minutes on high speed--w/lumps). May just start a savings drive to get a blendtec. Ultimately, I think you have to have what you need, even if

it takes awhile to get it. I personally am tired of buying cheap equipment that breaks or has other problems. Yeah, I am doing what I can afford right now, but I do anticipate in investing in some higher end items in the future. I know these items are expensive, but so are decent stoves and refrigerators. If you are a raw foodist, you may have to approach equipping your raw kitchen similarly to a person who equips a kitchen for cooking.Peace,AB--- On Thu, 8/14/08, pnparlette <pnparlette wrote:pnparlette <pnparletteRE: RE: Vita mix Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 7:38 AM

Yes,

My sister-in-law has one of his and really likes it... Hmmm decisions, decisions... .

Thanks.

N

@ .com [] On Behalf Of E. Rice-FellsWednesday, August 13, 2008 10:18 PM@ .comRe: RE: Vita mix

Hi Nancy,

Hope this helps.

http://www.ultimate -weight-products .com/page/ UN/PROD/blender/ H-JL-HM100 & QTS=froogle

Elaine

"pnparlette@ comcast.net" <pnparlette (AT) comcast (DOT) net>@ .comTuesday, August 12, 2008 4:09:37 PM RE: Vita mix

I'm looking for one.

Thanks

Nancy

When my sister-in-law brought over her Jack Lalaine blender it was SOO loud, I didn't like it, but

I haven't heard a vita-mix, so I don't know if it is just as loud??

Nancy