IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: [Sprout] Alkaline Water

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Greetings:Anyone have an opinion on the statement below about rejuvelac?Gideon Graff <gideongraff wrote: SproutRawFood From: Gideon Graff <gideongraffMon, 04 Jun 2007 16:36:46 -0400Re: [sprout] Alkaline Water Hi

Paula, Research by the Hallelujah Acres Foundation, Dr. Sam Donaldson found that distilled water are corrosive, and may cause leaching of minerals. He recommends adding Willard water, or they have a product called Watermax, that will add alkaline minerals. However in his research he states that people who eat a diet of raw fruits and vegetables may not be sensitive to the water being acid, as they have plenty of alkaline minerals to buffer the water acidity. If your diet is very high raw, with a limited amount of fat, nuts and seeds, you will probably not be affected by distilled water. In general, all water is acid, including lake water, well water and rain water. So we are designed to consume this kind of water, and get alkalized by the food we eat. P.S. Rejuvelac is not recommended anymore, research by the Hippocrates Institute found adverse organisms in fermented wheat berries drink,

possibly fungus and molds that occurs on stored grains naturally. Peace and love, Gideon Paula Scott wrote: > > How can I make alkaline water besides buying a machine for $1199 to $3900? > > I remember that Rejuvelac is alkaline. > > Any other way to make water alkaline? > >

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Rejuvelac...Hippocrates Health Institute did stop using Rejuvelac - evidently a common drink in the area of the world that Ann Wigmore came from - because they couldn't control the growth of unfriendly bacteria. I used it for many, many years back in the 70-80s, with no bad side effects. HHI states that they tried to limit the temperature, the length of soak time, kind of water, etc and in all cases there were enough times that "bad" bacteria grew in the water for them to stop using it.If you want to be sure to drink Alkaline water, there are water filters that allow you to adjust the pH of the water from acid to alkaline. The one I've used - AlkaBlue VF Ionized Alkaline Water Filter - allowed an adjustment up to about 10. It was about $900. You could probably find one used. People buy all kinds of health things then don't use them...There are drops sold by different companies to alkalize water. Never used them. Don't know what the ingredients are. .wynThe Raw Retreathttp://TheRawRetreat.como) 888.EAT.RAW4LIFEf)  877.236.6999

Guest guest

After I sent my response, I remembered that I had a bottle - unopened - of alkalizer drops that came with my water filter.It's called AlkaPro. From BDL, Inc. Overland, KS 913-492-2992Ingredients: Specially Processed Water, Balanced Electrolyte Formula in Potassium Hydroxide, MSM, Bioflavonoids.Directions: Add 2-4 drops to 8 oz water.Warning: Concentrated. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, mucus membranes.Potassium Hydroxide from Wikipedia:In agriculture, potassium hydroxide is used to correct the pH of acidic soils. It can also be used as a fungicide or even a herbicide.It is a major industrial chemical used as a base in a wide variety of chemical processes. Some uses of KOH include acrylate ester copolymer coating, defoaming agents used in the manufacture of paper, saponifying oils for liquid soap, formulation aid for food, pH control agent, polyethylene resins, textile processing and as a catalyst in reactions like the production of biodiesel.Other uses include veterinary medicine in disbudding calves horns and to dissolve scales and hair, human medicine, to diagnose fungal infections (see KOH test) and as a wart and cuticle solvent, and in the manufacture of cleansers. This type of compound is also used in washing powders, some denture cleaners, non-phosphate detergents, and drain or pipe cleaners.Mmm... Not sure I want that in my body... Hence the bottle is unopened...How about a little lemon water? .wynThe Raw Retreathttp://TheRawRetreat.como) 888.EAT.RAW4LIFEf)  877.236.6999