IndiaDivine.org

flouride alternatives

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Greetings family,

I need some advice and guidance. The dentist is pushing my 19 year old daughter to get flouride treatments. He is telling her that she has small cavities between her teeth. Please, if anyone can reccommend an alternative to flouride, tell me as soon as possible. He wants to put flouride in her teeth next week. He put flouride in her teeth last year, without telling me ( we had just moved here and I let her go herself).

If anyone has any information/guidance we'd be most grateful.

Blessings and Thanks,

Pam

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Healthful eating and living. Perhaps you would be willing to share more about how he presently eats and lives?

Elchanan

On Behalf Of atzzillSent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:18 PM Subject: flouride alternatives

Greetings family,I need some advice and guidance. The dentist is pushing my 19 year old daughter to get flouride treatments. He is telling her that she has small cavities between her teeth. Please, if anyone can reccommend an alternative to flouride, tell me as soon as possible. He wants to put flouride in her teeth next week. He put flouride in her teeth last year, without telling me ( we had just moved here and I let her go herself). If anyone has any information/guidance we'd be most grateful.Blessings and Thanks,Pam

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi Elchanan,

My daughter eats a SAD diet. She is a college student staying in dorms. Although she doesn't eat a lot of pork, she still consumes, wheats, cooked foods, chicken, red meat. She's not much on sweets, but she does have them on occassion. She is an all star athlete- sprinter (recently broke a 23 year record in the 100 meter dash- now IVY champion in the 100 meter and 60 meter dash), attending an IVY league college. Although I didn't raise her as a vegetarian, I have attemted to introduce her to healthy foods. When she did get sick, I virtually always treated her with herbal, homeopathic medicines often under the guidance of a vibrational/distance healer. She has had minimal vaccines and for these reasons, I believe her immune system is strong, although her acidic levels are probably high. In the past, she has had consultations with Dr. Afrika as well as other herbalists. She is also taking birth control pills which seem to have regulated her period and kept her skin clear (I'm not necessarily in favor of her choices in these areas, but all I can do is support her in the best way possible)

Thank you for your help.

one love

Pam

Elchanan <Elchanan

Tue, 7 Aug 2007 9:09 pm

RE: flouride alternatives

Healthful eating and living. Perhaps you would be willing to share more about how he presently eats and lives?

Elchanan

On Behalf Of atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:18 PM

flouride alternatives

Greetings family,

I need some advice and guidance. The dentist is pushing my 19 year old daughter to get flouride treatments. He is telling her that she has small cavities between her teeth. Please, if anyone can reccommend an alternative to flouride, tell me as soon as possible. He wants to put flouride in her teeth next week. He put flouride in her teeth last year, without telling me ( we had just moved here and I let her go herself).

Blessings and Thanks,

Pam

Guest guest

Just tell her to say no....... There is no requirement that she has to get it. As far as replacements, I'm not sure, I just don't use it. I distill my waterso I don't get it in their either.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.--- atzzill wrote:atzzillTo: Subject: Re: flouride alternativesWed, 08 Aug 2007 00:20:34 -0400Hi Elchanan,My daughter eats a SAD diet. She is a college student staying in dorms. Although she doesn't eat a lot of pork, she still consumes, wheats, cooked foods, chicken, red meat. She's not much on sweets, but she does have them on occassion. She is an all star athlete- sprinter (recently broke a 23 year record in the 100 meter dash- now IVY champion in the 100 meter and 60 meter dash), attending an IVY league college. Although I didn't raise her as a vegetarian, I have attemted to introduce her to healthy foods. When she did get sick, I virtually always treated her with herbal, homeopathic medicines often under the guidance of a vibrational/distance healer. She has had minimal vaccines and for these reasons, I believe her immune system is strong, although her acidic levels are probably high. In the past, she has had consultations with Dr. Afrika as well as other herbalists. She is also taking birth control pills which seem to have regulated her period and kept her skin clear (I'm not necessarily in favor of her choices in these areas, but all I can do is support her in the best way possible)Thank you for your help.one lovePam Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Guest guest

Take a look at the following web site. Vicco is a non-flouride toothpaste.

http://viccolabs.com/paste.php

-Charlie

atzzill

Sent by:

@grou To

ps.com

cc

08/07/2007 08:17 Subject

PM flouride alternatives

Please respond to

@grou

ps.com

Greetings family,

I need some advice and guidance. The dentist is pushing my 19 year old

daughter to get flouride treatments. He is telling her that she has small

cavities between her teeth. Please, if anyone can reccommend an alternative

to flouride, tell me as soon as possible. He wants to put flouride in her

teeth next week. He put flouride in her teeth last year, without telling me

( we had just moved here and I let her go herself).

Blessings and Thanks,

Pam

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from

AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Young living has a great toothpaste called Dentarome.

You can look it up at youngliving.com.

--- Scott <scottm wrote:

Just tell her to say no....... There is no

requirement that she has to get it. As far as

replacements, I'm not sure, I just don't use it. I

distill my water

so I don't get it in their either.

--

Scott

Don't under estimate the wisdom of nature.

If man made it, don't eat it.

--- atzzill wrote:

atzzill

Re: flouride alternatives

Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:20:34 -0400

Hi Elchanan,

My daughter eats a SAD diet. She is a college student

staying in dorms. Although she doesn't eat a lot of

pork, she still consumes, wheats, cooked foods,

chicken, red meat. She's not much on sweets, but she

does have them on occassion. She is an all star

athlete- sprinter (recently broke a 23 year record in

the 100 meter dash- now IVY champion in the 100 meter

and 60 meter dash), attending an IVY league college.

Although I didn't raise her as a vegetarian, I have

attemted to introduce her to healthy foods. When she

did get sick, I virtually always treated her with

herbal, homeopathic medicines often under the guidance

of a vibrational/distance healer. She has had minimal

vaccines and for these reasons, I believe her immune

system is strong, although her acidic levels are

probably high. In the past, she has had consultations

with Dr. Afrika as well as other herbalists. She is

also taking birth control pills which seem to have

regulated her period and kept her skin clear (I'm not

necessarily in favor of her choices in these areas,

but all I can do is support her in the best way

possible)

Thank you for your help.

one love

Pam

Learn about the power of raw foods at --->

http://www.rawfoods.com

______________________________\

____

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the

tools to get online.

http://smallbusiness./webhosting

Guest guest

Toothpaste is only a minor part of the issue. The real concern is the fluoride in the drinking water. It causes bone cancer, makes bones brittle, and does all sorts of wonderful stuff for the human body.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- charlie.e.carter wrote:charlie.e.carterTo: Subject: Re: flouride alternativesWed, 8 Aug 2007 09:07:07 -0400

Take a look at the following web site. Vicco is a non-flouride toothpaste.

http://viccolabs.com/paste.php

-Charlie

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Guest guest

The best option is to make your own with baking soda and sea salt. Be sure to use sea salt and not regular table salt.2tbsp baking soda1/2 tsp sea saltMix baking soda and sea salt in a coffee grinder, or crush the salt with a rolling pin before mixing with sea salt. It doesn't taste bad, and works great. It also helps whiten teeth.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- fayd20 wrote:fay keys <fayd20 Subject: Re: flouride alternativesWed, 8 Aug 2007 07:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Guest guest

You're on the right track, Scott. The history is worse than even what you describe. The ORIGINAL reason for putting fluoride into drinking water was for its numbing effect ... numbing prisoners of war, so that they will be compliant and not try to escape.

Elchanan

On Behalf Of ScottWednesday, August 08, 2007 7:13 AM Subject: Re: flouride alternatives

Toothpaste is only a minor part of the issue. The real concern is the fluoride in the drinking water. It causes bone cancer, makes bones brittle, and does all sorts of wonderful stuff for the human body.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- charlie.e.carter wrote:charlie.e.carterTo: Subject: Re: flouride alternativesWed, 8 Aug 2007 09:07:07 -0400

Take a look at the following web site. Vicco is a non-flouride toothpaste.http://viccolabs.com/paste.php-Charlie

Guest guest

Blessings and Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. I've been searching for some holistic dentists as well, and I'm hopeful that we will find one close by that we can afford. I have used the dentatrome before and the Vicco also looks really good. Baking soda and sea salt of course is the simplest but I'm not sure my daughter will go for that.

Again many thanks for all of your advice

one love

pam

Scott <scottm

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:13 am

The best option is to make your own with baking soda and sea salt. Be sure to use sea salt and not regular table salt.

2tbsp baking soda

1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix baking soda and sea salt in a coffee grinder, or crush the salt with a rolling pin before mixing with sea salt. It doesn't taste bad, and works great. It also helps whiten teeth.

--

Scott

Don't under estimate the wisdom of nature.

If man made it, don't eat it.

100% Raw Vegan

--- fayd20 wrote:

fay keys <fayd20 >

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Guest guest

My children have never had fluoride treatments. The alternative to fluoride is FLOSSING EVERY DAY. If you brush twice a day with a natural paste and floss every night it will make the WORLD of difference. It has for my family.

Nancy

JUST SAY NO!

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ElchananTuesday, August 07, 2007 9:09 PM Subject: RE: flouride alternatives

Elchanan

On Behalf Of atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) comSent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:18 PM Subject: flouride alternatives

Greetings family,I need some advice and guidance. The dentist is pushing my 19 year old daughter to get flouride treatments. He is telling her that she has small cavities between her teeth. Please, if anyone can reccommend an alternative to flouride, tell me as soon as possible. He wants to put flouride in her teeth next week. He put flouride in her teeth last year, without telling me ( we had just moved here and I let her go herself). If anyone has any information/guidance we'd be most grateful.Blessings and Thanks,Pam

Guest guest

Thanks Nancy

We'll do just that!

Be well and Be Blessed

Pam

pnparlette

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:32 pm

My children have never had fluoride treatments. The alternative to fluoride is FLOSSING EVERY DAY. If you brush twice a day with a natural paste and floss every night it will make the WORLD of difference. It has for my family.

Nancy

JUST SAY NO!

On Behalf Of Elchanan

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:09 PM

Elchanan

On Behalf Of atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:18 PM

flouride alternatives

Greetings family,

Blessings and Thanks,

Pam

Guest guest

Um... keeping in mind you're supposed to spit, NOT swallow the flouride

treatments LOL! If the dentist is pushing it he probably has a

professional opinion that it could really help her. It isn't an

ingested or IV drug or anything. ;)

I also believe in fluoride. It's an element found in nature that also happens to strengthen teeth. It's almost like taking a vitamin. Of course, if you overdose on vitamins or fluoride, there might be a health risk. But the benefits of taking small doses of fluoride are great while the risk is none. The reason fluoride treatment began is because a town that had naturally occuring fluoride in the ground (and therefore in their water) did not develop tooth decay. It has been consistently shown to be beneficial for teeth since then. There are places in Colorodo and others where the fluoride levels in the water are high without supplementation. It is a natural thing. :)

gotta goLaura

No, it is much worse. It is industrial waste.http://www.naturalchoice.net/articles/flouride.htm http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/toxic.html http://www.fluoridation.com/http://antiagingchoices.com/dental_care_products/fluoride_toxic.htm--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- poppys_pad wrote:"Poppy" <poppys_pad Subject: Re: flouride alternativesThu, 09 Aug 2007 14:18:07 -0000Um... keeping in mind you're supposed to spit, NOT swallow the flouride treatments LOL! If the dentist is pushing it he probably has a professional opinion that it could really help her. It isn't an ingested or IV drug or anything. ;) Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Fluoride is used in rat poison. It is poisonous if swallowed - may be natural, but it's toxic to our bodies.

On Behalf Of Laura DiceFriday, August 10, 2007 8:20 AM Subject: Re: flouride alternatives

I also believe in fluoride. It's an element found in nature that also happens to strengthen teeth. It's almost like taking a vitamin. Of course, if you overdose on vitamins or fluoride, there might be a health risk. But the benefits of taking small doses of fluoride are great while the risk is none. The reason fluoride treatment began is because a town that had naturally occuring fluoride in the ground (and therefore in their water) did not develop tooth decay. It has been consistently shown to be beneficial for teeth since then. There are places in Colorodo and others where the fluoride levels in the water are high without supplementation. It is a natural thing. :) gotta goLaura

It does occur naturally in H20, but you are right, it is toxic to the human body. Especially in larger quantities. Read about the dangers of fluoride and fluoride treatment in water.In children 9-19 it can interfere with testosterone and cause bone cancer. It is also know to cause osteoporosis, dental fluorosis, and makes bones brittle, among other things.A while ago my dentist recommended a fluoride rinse, so I started to use it. This happened before I knew better. Shortly there after my teeth began to get yellow, and more yellow by the day. They began to get pits, and darkening in spots. Fortunately I realized what was causing this before it was too late. They have were yellow for years too, and the dentists constantly recommended getting them whitened.As soon asI stopped, drinking, brushing with, and rinsing with fluoride all mysymptoms went away. My teeth started getting much whiter as a result. As a child I used to get cavities all the time and never knew why. I don't buy the idea of fluoride preventing cavities. Many articles I have read state that it in fact causes cavities by weakening the teeth.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- pnparlette wrote:<pnparletteRE: Re: flouride alternativesFri, 10 Aug 2007 13:35:50 -0400Fluoride is used in rat poison. It is poisonous if swallowed - may be natural, but it's toxic to our bodies. Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com