IndiaDivine.org

Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization Halted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If have purchased from any raw almond companies that do not also sell or produce products from or by animals, please let me know there names or URL's. I have some almond orchards that I have been in contact with and am only dealing with farmers that grow non-animal products and provide organic, raw almonds. I just arrived in California yesterday to visit these places directly to check out their operations (and to be prepared just in case the almond ban does go into affect). Also, maybe we should talk or get together as a group with all the people who would like to do more to get this issue in the public?? Would you all be interested in meeting in person, doing a group email or conference call to come up with some ideas and splitting up duties?? Steve, David, etc??

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

I would be interested in meeting in person, or setting up a conference call.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- katdivine87 wrote:katrina wilson <katdivine87 Subject: Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization HaltedFri, 17 Aug 2007 18:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

If have purchased from any raw almond companies that do not also sell or produce products from or by animals, please let me know there names or URL's. I have some almond orchards that I have been in contact with and am only dealing with farmers that grow non-animal products and provide organic, raw almonds. I just arrived in California yesterday to visit these places directly to check out their operations (and to be prepared just in case the almond ban does go into affect). Also, maybe we should talk or get together as a group with all the people who would like to do more to get this issue in the public?? Would you all be interested in meeting in person, doing a group email or conference call to come up with some ideas and splitting up duties?? Steve, David, etc??

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

I'm also interested in meeting in person to discuss/get more politically active on this pasteurization issue. I periodically get catalogs in the snail-mail from companies that as far as I recall only produce vegan products and mostly organically grown products for that matter. I can't recall their names offhand, but I'll add them to the list when they come up. Here's a company I just found by a simplt web search that's not entirely organic, but sells organic raw almonds & walnuts & seems very conscious of the pasteurization issue as well:

www.almonds-from-california.com

There are many others, but that gives you a head-start.

Namaste,

David

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."

--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Scott <scottm

Sat, 18 Aug 2007 8:08 am

Re: Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization Halted

I would be interested in meeting in person, or setting up a conference call.

--

Scott

Don't under estimate the wisdom of nature.

If man made it, don't eat it.

100% Raw Vegan

--- katdivine87 wrote:

katrina wilson <katdivine87 >

Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization Halted

Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

If have purchased from any raw almond companies that do not also sell or produce products from or by animals, please let me know there names or URL's. I have some almond orchards that I have been in contact with and am only dealing with farmers that grow non-animal products and provide organic, raw almonds. I just arrived in California yesterday to visit these places directly to check out their operations (and to be prepared just in case the almond ban does go into affect).

Also, maybe we should talk or get together as a group with all the people who would like to do more to get this issue in the public?? Would you all be interested in meeting in person, doing a group email or conference call to come up with some ideas and splitting up duties?? Steve, David, etc??

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

I met with my first almond farmer yesterday and actually purchased a 3 pound bag from him. These were not organic almonds but they were raw for $5 a pound. He said if people wanted non-organic (yet sustainable), he could handle the volume after the pasteurization date. I know not every one can handle the price of bulk organic almonds so this is a good option. I will meet with all the organic farmers within the next few weeks. Scott and any one else interested in "doing more" about the almond ban, send a note so we can decide when and where to talk or meet.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

I am up for meeting.Do the almonds still have the shells?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- katdivine87 wrote:katrina wilson <katdivine87 Subject: Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization HaltedSun, 19 Aug 2007 13:50:05 -0700 (PDT)I met with my first almond farmer yesterday and actually purchased a 3 pound bag from him. These were not organic almonds but they were raw for $5 a pound. He said if people wanted non-organic (yet sustainable), he could handle the volume after the pasteurization date. I know not every one can handle the price of bulk organic almonds so this is a good option. I will meet with all the organic farmers within the next few weeks. Scott and any one else interested in "doing more" about the almond ban, send a note so we can decide when and where to talk or meet. Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out. Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

I think that I would like to go-TinoScott <scottm Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:37:25 PMRe: Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization Halted

I am up for meeting.Do the almonds still have the shells?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- katdivine87@ wrote:katrina wilson <katdivine87@ >@ .com Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization HaltedSun, 19 Aug 2007 13:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

I met with my first almond farmer yesterday and actually purchased a 3 pound bag from him. These were not organic almonds but they were raw for $5 a pound. He said if people wanted non-organic (yet sustainable) , he could handle the volume after the pasteurization date. I know not every one can handle the price of bulk organic almonds so this is a good option. I will meet with all the organic farmers within the next few weeks. Scott and any one else interested in "doing more" about the almond ban, send a note so we can decide when and where to talk or meet. Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods .com

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.

No, the one's I purchased are shelled raw conventional almonds. Since they have supposedly postponed the Sept 1 deadline, I would like to get a little more info together before we meet so our meeting is productive. Since I am in California for another week, I have made contact with people who are already protesting in California in front of the Almond Board and through a few other channels (and the California folks are talking about coming to DC as momentum grows). There is a rumor that the pasteurization issue might be dropped or at least augmented with better labeling. Also, a lot of people here seems to purchase almonds in a "group buy" for bulk prices direct from the farmer or through a

tree share program (which means a group gets together and time shares a tree for a season--the group "rents" that tree and owns the almonds from that tree which means that pasteurization would not be required). Surprisingly, a lot of raw foodists are also group buying or time sharing for olive oil, agave and other items mainly to purchase at low farmer-direct prices. So I am trying to gather as much info as possible and would like to schedule a meeting in about a month or so (once we know what is happening with the ban deadlines, etc.) Even if we purchase direct from the farmer's, I would still want to meet since the almond issue would affect every one.

The share program is interesting. A few people I work with are in a cow sharing program so they can get raw cow's milk; since it is not legal to buy in most states. I imagine this will be similar.Someone recently started an organization, via the weston a price foundation, to protect small farmers. It is a legal organization. The money will come from personal donations, and memberships. However, I think they still deal with animal products.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan--- katdivine87 wrote:katrina wilson <katdivine87 Subject: Re: Organic Acres/Almond Pasteurization HaltedFri, 24 Aug 2007 01:19:20 -0700 (PDT) No, the one's I purchased are shelled raw conventional almonds. Since they have supposedly postponed the Sept 1 deadline, I would like to get a little more info together before we meet so our meeting is productive. Since I am in California for another week, I have made contact with people who are already protesting in California in front of the Almond Board and through a few other channels (and the California folks are talking about coming to DC as momentum grows). There is a rumor that the pasteurization issue might be dropped or at least augmented with better labeling. Also, a lot of people here seems to purchase almonds in a "group buy" for bulk prices direct from the farmer or through atree share program (which means a group gets together and time shares a tree for a season--the group "rents" that tree and owns the almonds from that tree which means that pasteurization would not be required). Surprisingly, a lot of raw foodists are also group buying or time sharing for olive oil, agave and other items mainly to purchase at low farmer-direct prices. So I am trying to gather as much info as possible and would like to schedule a meeting in about a month or so (once we know what is happening with the ban deadlines, etc.) Even if we purchase direct from the farmer's, I would still want to meet since the almond issue would affect every one. Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com