IndiaDivine.org

boiled water (Scott Macri)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Scott and all,

Found this message (at the bottom) in my backlog, and it turns out that we just had a bit of relevant correspondence in the on distilled and Pi water in the LasVegasRaw group. Thought it might be of interest here, as well.

Best,

Elchanan

Elchanan

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:00 PM

[LasVegasRaw] "Alkaline water"; pH (WAS: Best Water?)

Hi Dixie and all,

There are problems with all manufactured water products, no exceptions. Distilled, being more widely available, has been more fully researched and discussed. Pi, being almost unheard of and of recent "vintage", has not been researched (other than by its producer) and has therefore not been discussed.

Regarding distilled water:

1. There is some concern that water loses its "structure" when distilled. There is also a suggested solution that placing the water in sunlight for awhile (whatever "awhile" means) restores this structure.

2. There is some concern that distilled water leaches some minerals from the body. This is not possible, in chemistry terms, inasmuch as the water is a passive medium. What IS correct is that distilled water is an electrically neutral solvent (pH in the range of 7), so that any material the body sheds on either side of neutral is taken into the water with equal ease. This is why we typically recommend distilled water during fasting.

Regarding your comments on Pi water:

1. There is no such thing as "totally alkaline water".

2. Hyperalkaline products are NOT better for us than are hyperacidic products. The Pi water carries a pH of 9 or 10, as I recall. (Honestly, haven't looked in some time.) When the human body become urgently hyperacidic, the body produces ammonia to compensate. Such ammonia is a highly reactive alkaline substance with a pH in the range of 8. In other words, the body's own emergency response mechanism only reaches a pH of 8, not 9 or 10.

Why is this significant? The pH scale is logarithmic in nature. In other words, a pH of 9 is 10 times more alkaline than a pH of 8. Or, a pH of 8 is 10 times more acidic than a pH of 9. Take you pick.

Tens times greater is a LOT!!! If the body wouldn't go there on its own, why ingest something that does?

Hope these notes are helpful.

Best, Elchanan

Dixie Story

Monday, August 20, 2007 9:40 PM

LasVegasRaw

Re: [LasVegasRaw] Re: Best Water?

Has anyone checked that machine that does the pi water? It is a little pricy but it is totally alkaline water. It is like drinking the water fully energized like it comes off Niagra falls. It is wetter water. If that makes sense to anyone. What is it that I have heard negative about distilled water? I seem to remember there was something. Can anyone refresh my memory?? Years ago I remember there was something. any info would be appreciated. Who is going to the pot luck? I am. I made a fabulous Quiche last night and thought I would take that. Have a great day.

In Bliss,

Dixie

Elchanan

LasVegasRaw

Sunday, August 19, 2007 6:14 PM

RE: [LasVegasRaw] Re: Best Water?

Hi Katherine,

I agree, it's awful, because of the plastic. I've found 2 solutions that work for me:

1. Home distillation, as you suggest. 2. Purchasing distilled at a water store. Just as many water stores sell RO water, a few sell distilled, at least here in California. Might try checking that out. But option #1 is least expensive, I think.

Best, Elchanan

LasVegasRaw,"Elchanan" <Elchanan wrote:

You do not need Pi water or any other such water. Simple distilled water works quite well, in terms of the chemistry involved. Elchanan _____ Thanks for the input, Elchanan. Do you mean a home-distillation process of some kind? The distilled water in plastic bottles from the grocery store tastes bad to me.

~Katherine

On Behalf Of Scott MacriWednesday, July 25, 2007 1:33 PM Subject: boiled waterI am considering getting a distiller instead of a household water filtration system. However, the water reaches 212*F inside the distillation tank. What does everyone think about this?I am not aware of any changes, which take place in water, that will make this unhealthy. However, maybe someone out there knows something I don't.Water doesn't have to reach 212*F to vaporize. Typically, in nature, water doesn't get nearly to this temperature before it begins to evaporate.I have heard of solar distillers, but have also heard they don't remove all the contaminants. I don't really understand this because this is how nature does it, and rain is supposed to be the purest of all water.Before anyone asks, yes, this is a serious question..........lol :)--Scott