IndiaDivine.org

Soy milk cooked

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Scott,

I have not researched this thoroughly, so please receive my response with that in mind. I have the impression that all unsprouted soy products are, in fact, cooked.

Soy has become a darling of the food industry because it's protein more closely resembles animal protein, in certain respects, than does the protein of any of the other potential "cash crops". This is not a good thing for humans!

Best,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of ScottSunday, August 26, 2007 7:06 AM soy milk cooked

Is it true that soy milk is actually considered cooked? I was reading an article, which mentioned soy beans are toxic and must be cooked before being eaten, or used for milk.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.There is a guy on the web, Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- Elchanan wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan Soy milk cookedSun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700

Hi Scott,

I have not researched this thoroughly, so please receive my response with that in mind. I have the impression that all unsprouted soy products are, in fact, cooked.

Soy has become a darling of the food industry because it's protein more closely resembles animal protein, in certain respects, than does the protein of any of the other potential "cash crops". This is not a good thing for humans!

Best,

Elchanan

There isn't anything else you need that's not in fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds besides (depending on how you eat them) the B-12. I take probiotic powder/capsules because I seem to need a lot more B-12 due to my Type A personality and hectic life. But everything else is is our sprouted and fresh whole foods :-) Doug Graham eats organic things unwashed and right off the vine when possible and claims to get enough micro-organisms that way!

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ScottSunday, August 26, 2007 4:32 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked

So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.There is a guy on the web, Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> Soy milk cookedSun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700

Hi Scott,

Best,

Elchanan

we get b-12 from bugs as well, there are micro organism on vegetation that give it to us. So if its grown organic, it is good to eat it natural. In the book 12 Steps to Raw food, she addresses the issue that if we were less picky about a few bugs on our food, we'd be able to use less pesticide. Very good point. I was able to really stump my kids on asking them what percentage of the world population eats bugs on a regular basis. They got fustrated with all their wrong answers and finally guessed 100%, 100% true! tarapnparlette wrote: There isn't anything else you need that's not in fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds besides (depending on how you eat them) the B-12. I take probiotic powder/capsules because I seem to need a lot more B-12 due to my Type A personality and hectic life. But everything else is is our sprouted and fresh whole foods :-) Doug Graham eats organic things unwashed and right off the vine when possible and claims to get enough micro-organisms that way! Nancy www.healthylivingstrategies.net On Behalf Of ScottSunday, August 26, 2007 4:32 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.There is a guy on the web,

Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> Soy milk cookedSun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700 Hi Scott, I have not researched this thoroughly, so please receive my response with that in mind. I have the impression that all unsprouted soy products are, in fact, cooked. Soy has become a darling of the food industry because it's protein more closely resembles animal protein, in certain respects, than does the protein of any of the other potential "cash crops". This is not a good thing for humans! Best, Elchanan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

Storm is an awesome guy, and so is The Garden Diet website. If you all havent checked it out, i highly recommend it. They have some very useful e-books you can download as well. Im guessing storm gets it from dirt. he likes to eat straight out of the garden. You can also sign up for their daily raw inspiration and i havent gone a day in two years without it. often times when ive fallen off the raw wagon, one of the inspirations is just what i need to get me back on track. taraScott <scottm wrote: So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.There is a guy on the web, Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> Soy milk cookedSun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700 Hi Scott, I have not researched this thoroughly, so please receive my response with that in mind. I have the impression that all unsprouted soy products are, in fact, cooked. Soy has become a darling of the food industry because it's protein more closely resembles animal protein, in certain respects, than does the protein of any of the other potential "cash crops". This is not a good thing for humans! Best, Elchanan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

keep also in mind that soybeans are the most mucus producing plant base on the planet. Ive completely taken it out of my diet, even before i went raw. taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote: Hi Scott, I have not researched this

thoroughly, so please receive my response with that in mind. I have the impression that all unsprouted soy products are, in fact, cooked. Soy has become a darling of the food industry because it's protein more closely resembles animal protein, in certain respects, than does the protein of any of the other potential "cash crops". This is not a good thing for humans! Best, Elchanan On Behalf Of ScottSunday, August 26, 2007 7:06 AM soy milk cooked Is it true that soy milk is actually considered cooked? I was reading an article, which mentioned soy beans are toxic and must be cooked before being eaten, or used for milk.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.100% Raw Vegan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

Nancy,

Please share the name/brand of probiotics you take. I am going to be drinking wheatgrass on a regular basis, but in the meantime (I'mgetting the "grass" from a local person who is using prime soil-lots of minerals, kelp etc) I've been taking these wheatgrass pills called Sweet wheat and I've noticed a difference for the better in both my appetite and my cravings.

Thanks for sharing

love and lite

pam

pnparlette

Sun, 26 Aug 2007 7:25 pm

RE: Soy milk cooked

There isn't anything else you need that's not in fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds besides (depending on how you eat them) the B-12. I take probiotic powder/capsules because I seem to need a lot more B-12 due to my Type A personality and hectic life. But everything else is is our sprouted and fresh whole foods :-) Doug Graham eats organic things unwashed and right off the vine when possible and claims to get enough micro-organisms that way!

Nancy

On Behalf Of Scott

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:32 PM

Re: Soy milk cooked

So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.

There is a guy on the web, Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?

--

Scott

Don't under estimate the wisdom of nature.

If man made it, don't eat it.

Raw Vegan

--- Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org wrote:

"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org>

Soy milk cooked

Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700

Hi Scott,

Best,

Elchanan

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Pam,

I have 2 different brands that I use. One from the Loomis Institute, which you have to get from a graduate of his program (I am one) that is in a powder that you can mix into water, juice, or smoothie. The other I take is from Sedona Labs called iFlora, again I order that as a professional and offer it to my clients. I like these because they are very potent and have a wide range of strains. There are certainly good choices at most health food stores. Please contact me off group if you'd like to order any.

Regards,

Nancy

On Behalf Of atzzillSent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:10 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked

Nancy,Please share the name/brand of probiotics you take. I am going to be drinking wheatgrass on a regular basis, but in the meantime (I'mgetting the "grass" from a local person who is using prime soil-lots of minerals, kelp etc) I've been taking these wheatgrass pills called Sweet wheat and I've noticed a difference for the better in both my appetite and my cravings. Thanks for sharinglove and litepampnparlette (AT) comcast (DOT) netTo: Sent: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 7:25 pmRE: Soy milk cooked

Nancy

On Behalf Of ScottSunday, August 26, 2007 4:32 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked

So if everything is cooked, how can I ensure I am getting the proper vitamins, such as, B12; without eating cooked food, or taking man made suppliments? Is rice milk, or almond milk cooked, or pasteurized? This diet is proving how difficult it really is to get healthy raw food.There is a guy on the web, Storm, he claims to have been eating raw for over 30 years. Where is he getting his B12, and other stuff that isn't in nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits?--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> Soy milk cookedSun, 26 Aug 2007 08:59:46 -0700

Hi Scott,

Best,

Elchanan

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!