IndiaDivine.org

raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Tara,

Sorry to be so long in following up. Honestly, in my view you face a real conundrum. Even if you get some sort of basic insurance, it may not cover the kind of attention from which you probably would benefit. You really need someone top flight. For example, another in this group chose a surgery a few months back. She was all set with one surgeon, then I gave her some advice about how to choose a surgeon. She couldn't be happier. (I'll let her post further if she's reading and so wishes. :)

Are you eligible for SSDI, as some sort of partial disability? My understanding is that once you get into that funding stream, you've at least got a baseline of support for a very long time.

Anyway, my impression, from a distance, is that you need someone who is the very best to take a look at this, if you wish to come from a physical perspective.

Another alternative is fasting ... a long, deep fast, supervised seems like a good choice in your case. A few weeks ago, I wrote that Seena Taylor, a participant in the Path of Health community, was fasting and maintaining a blog. Her 3-233k fast was virtually picture-perfect, and her blog is now fully updated and complete, available at http://seenafast.blogspot.com/.

Perhaps you'd like to read through her comments (others, too!!! :):), then talk about how to point yourself in this direction. I really do feel for you, you are obviously experiencing discomfort almost continually

Best,

Elchanan

Tara [peechysweett71] Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:21 PMElchananRe: FW: raw and jaw

I live in Chesapeake Beach MD. Im at a community college, im working on trying to get some insurance through the county. Im within 1 hr from NIH and Hopkins, and they both seem to run studies, its just a matter of them willing to work with me.___

the raw diet is helping immensely!! although, i have to blend everything (dreary face)

___

the raw diet is helping immensely!! although, i have to blend everything (dreary face)

tara

Elchanan <Elchanan wrote:

Tara,

This is a private response.

Where do you live (geographically speaking :)?

Also, as a FT student, is there no student health program?

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraWednesday, August 22, 2007 10:58 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw

Sure,

When i was a teenager, around 16, my jaw hurt. I went to lots of doctors, dentists, and it was discovered that I had a problem with the joint. the disc that cusions the jaw had slipped forward and was causing a lot of problems and i needed surgery to just scrape away scar tissue so the disc would slip back into place. around the age of 16, someone had physically harmed me by grabbing the sides of my head and shaking me, and banging my head against the wall, that set it off. I had surgery when 19 and it fixed a world of problems of pain, headaches, and discomfort. I always had a bit of a popping in my jaw since then. Now at (yes i'll admit it) 35, I fell asleep last summer in an awkward position. i was upright on a stretcher in the ER having a miscarriage. I had intense hormonal changes at the moments and problems with all my joints due to it. It set my jaw off. Since then, Ive had lots of pain. at this point i can hardly move it and if i do move it in the wrong way i get sharp pains through my head. I cant figure out what is wrong and I dont have any health insurance since im a full-time student, and low income.

Im trying to get into a jaw study at one of the local student hospitals in the area. Its taking time.

tara

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

Thanks Elchanan, that is a great blog. when i ever get a break from homework i'll read it. I really think the problem is mechanical, but a fast wouldnt hurt. on a positive note. Ive really needed a new blender, mine is just a run of the mill, and leaves my smoothies way to chunky. so I was at my mothers this weekend, the ultimate pack rat, and she had an old vitamix in her cabinet, its practically an antique but it works! She never used it. I went right on the vita-mix website and got a ton of raw receipes as well. oh happy day. tara

Hi Tara,

I understand that the problem is substantially mechanical. In many cases, the body does remarkable things to old injury sites during a deep fast. In the worst case, you'll clean up the rest of you quite dramatically ... there is no downside, if you see what I mean.

Congratulations on finding a free Vita-Mix. Is it one of the older models with a metal container?

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraMonday, September 03, 2007 6:04 PM Subject: Re: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

Thanks Elchanan, that is a great blog. when i ever get a break from homework i'll read it. I really think the problem is mechanical, but a fast wouldnt hurt.

on a positive note. Ive really needed a new blender, mine is just a run of the mill, and leaves my smoothies way to chunky. so I was at my mothers this weekend, the ultimate pack rat, and she had an old vitamix in her cabinet, its practically an antique but it works! She never used it. I went right on the vita-mix website and got a ton of raw receipes as well.

oh happy day.

tara

yes, which i dont like at all. is there a problem with metal containers? taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote: Hi Tara, I understand that the problem is substantially mechanical. In many cases, the body does remarkable things to old injury sites during a deep fast. In the worst case, you'll clean up the rest of you quite

dramatically ... there is no downside, if you see what I mean. Congratulations on finding a free Vita-Mix. Is it one of the older models with a metal container? Elchanan On Behalf Of TaraMonday, September 03, 2007 6:04 PM Subject: Re: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog Thanks Elchanan, that is a great blog. when i ever get a break from homework

i'll read it. I really think the problem is mechanical, but a fast wouldnt hurt. on a positive note. Ive really needed a new blender, mine is just a run of the mill, and leaves my smoothies way to chunky. so I was at my mothers this weekend, the ultimate pack rat, and she had an old vitamix in her cabinet, its practically an antique but it works! She never used it. I went right on the vita-mix website and got a ton of raw receipes as well. oh happy day. tara Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

HI Tara,

I intended quite the opposite, in fact. :) The plastic containers leach into the food a bit (though the company claims otherwise, of course). The metal ones do not, to my knowledge.

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraWednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

yes, which i dont like at all. is there a problem with metal containers?

taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote:

Hi Tara,

I understand that the problem is substantially mechanical. In many cases, the body does remarkable things to old injury sites during a deep fast. In the worst case, you'll clean up the rest of you quite dramatically ... there is no downside, if you see what I mean.

Congratulations on finding a free Vita-Mix. Is it one of the older models with a metal container?

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraMonday, September 03, 2007 6:04 PM Subject: Re: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

Thanks Elchanan, that is a great blog. when i ever get a break from homework i'll read it. I really think the problem is mechanical, but a fast wouldnt hurt.

on a positive note. Ive really needed a new blender, mine is just a run of the mill, and leaves my smoothies way to chunky. so I was at my mothers this weekend, the ultimate pack rat, and she had an old vitamix in her cabinet, its practically an antique but it works! She never used it. I went right on the vita-mix website and got a ton of raw receipes as well.

oh happy day.

tara

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

good, cause i cant afford another blender and i love this one, hard part is i cant see inside, and i think it seems to be missing the "plunger" that goes in the top, so i keep my hand over the huge hole in the lid, i get my food on my hand, but its at least smooth food, lol. taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote: HI Tara, I intended

quite the opposite, in fact. :) The plastic containers leach into the food a bit (though the company claims otherwise, of course). The metal ones do not, to my knowledge. Elchanan On Behalf Of TaraWednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog yes, which i dont like at all. is there a problem with metal containers? taraElchanan

<Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> wrote: Hi Tara, I understand that the problem is substantially mechanical. In many cases, the body does remarkable things to old injury sites during a deep fast. In the worst case, you'll clean up the rest of you quite dramatically ... there is no downside, if you see what I mean. Congratulations on finding a free Vita-Mix. Is it one of the older models with a metal container? Elchanan On Behalf Of TaraMonday, September 03, 2007 6:04 PM Subject: Re: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog Thanks Elchanan, that is a great blog. when i ever get a break from homework i'll read it. I really think the problem is mechanical, but a fast wouldnt hurt. on a positive note. Ive really needed a new blender, mine is just a run of the mill, and leaves my smoothies way to chunky. so I was at my mothers this weekend, the ultimate pack rat, and she had an old vitamix in her cabinet, its practically an antique but it works! She never used

it. I went right on the vita-mix website and got a ton of raw receipes as well. oh happy day. tara Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7 Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

Hi Tara,

I've used my hand before ... when I FORGOT to put the little plastic gizmo into the hole in the lid. Yikes!! What mess!!

Of course, I only did that ^*^ & times. :)

The big metal to avoid is aluminum. To my knowledge, those bottles were all made of stainless steel.

Best,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraFriday, September 07, 2007 11:45 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

good, cause i cant afford another blender and i love this one, hard part is i cant see inside, and i think it seems to be missing the "plunger" that goes in the top, so i keep my hand over the huge hole in the lid, i get my food on my hand, but its at least smooth food, lol.

taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote:

HI Tara,

I intended quite the opposite, in fact. :) The plastic containers leach into the food a bit (though the company claims otherwise, of course). The metal ones do not, to my knowledge.

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraWednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog

yes, which i dont like at all. is there a problem with metal containers?

tara

thanks, elchananElchanan <Elchanan wrote: Hi Tara, I've used my hand before ... when I FORGOT to put the little plastic gizmo into the hole in the lid. Yikes!! What mess!! Of course, I only did that ^*^ & times. :) The big metal to avoid is aluminum. To my knowledge, those bottles were all made of stainless steel. Best, Elchanan On Behalf Of

TaraFriday, September 07, 2007 11:45 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog good, cause i cant afford another blender and i love this one, hard part is i cant see inside, and i think it seems to be missing the "plunger" that goes in the top, so i keep my hand over the huge hole in the lid, i get my food on my hand, but its at least smooth food, lol. taraElchanan <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> wrote: HI Tara, I intended quite the opposite, in fact. :) The plastic containers leach into the food a

bit (though the company claims otherwise, of course). The metal ones do not, to my knowledge. Elchanan On Behalf Of TaraWednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 AM Subject: RE: raw and jaw; Seena's fasting blog yes, which i dont like at all. is there a problem with metal containers? tara Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7