IndiaDivine.org

Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em article

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings, Scott! Brewer's Yeast can be purchased from most health food stores. It should be a light brown color. The type we tend to use is from Lewis Labs. It contains several essential vitamins and minerals. It is one of our seven daily natural supplements that we consume in our vegan diet to make sure that we get everything we need. Just one tablespoon a day should be sufficient for adults. For quantities for children and babies see The Sacred Diet , a little booklet written by one of our holistic doctors in The Village of Peace - Rofah Karaliah E.N. Gavriel available from Communicators Press Publishing 202-797-8110 or www.kingdomofyah.com. Through her research and that of our other naturopaths over the past 40 years, we have emerge as the largest and healthiest collective group of vegans in the world. Love, Zakhah P.S. - Here's a reprint of the "Bananas! Gotta Love 'Em!" article that came out in 2002... If you want a quick fix for flagging energy levels there's no better snackthan a banana. Containing three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose andglucose - combined with fiber, a banana gives an instant, sustained andsubstantial boost of energy.Research has proved that just two bananas provide enough energy for astrenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruitwith the world's leading athletes. But energy isn't the only way a bananacan help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantialnumber of illnesses and conditions making it a must to add to your daily diet. Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in theblood and so helps in cases of anemia.Blood Pressure:

This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt,making it the perfect food for helping to beat blood pressure. So much so,the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry tomake official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of bloodpressure and stroke.Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through theirexams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break and lunch in a bid toboost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruitcan assist learning by making pupils more alert.Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people sufferingfrom depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This isbecause bananas contain trypotophan, a type of protein that the bodyconverts into serotonin known to make you relax, improve your mood andgenerally make you

feel happier.Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake,sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help ofthe honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes andre-hydrates your system.Heart-burn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body so if you suffer fromheart-burn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected areawith the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successfulat reducing swelling and irritation.Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austriafound pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate andcrisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most

obesewere more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, toavoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levelsby snacking on high carbohydrate foods such as bananas every two hours tokeep levels steady.Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders becauseof its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can beeaten without distress in over-chroniculcer cases. It also neutralizesover-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.Temperature control:Many other cultures see bananas as a 'cooling' fruit that can lower both thephysical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, forexample, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cooltemperature. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD):Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the

natural moodenhancer, trypotophan.Smoking: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking, as the high levelsof Vitamin C, A1, B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium andmagnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotinewithdrawal. Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sendsoxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water-balance. When we arestressed, our metabolic rate rises, there by reducing our potassium levels.These can be re-balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.Strokes: According to research in 'The New England Journal of Medicine' eatingbananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by asmuch as 40%! Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that, if you want to kill off awart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the

yellowside out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!So you see a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When youcompare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice thecarbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron,and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium andis one of the best value foods around.So maybe its time to change that well-know phrase so that we say, "A Bananaa day keeps the doctor away!" Scott <scottm wrote: Wow, that is great to hear! I eat several kilograms of bananas every week. They have always been a favorite of mine. I love freezing bananas, putting them in the blender and making them into ice cream with a couple of dates..........yum........ I eat Dulse just about every day too.Where can I get brewers yeast, and how can I use it? Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- zakhah7 wrote:Zakhah <zakhah7 > Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked - b12Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:20:18 -0700 (PDT) Greetings! B-12 is naturally produced in the intestines due to bacterial activity. It is important to have a clean and healthy through holistic detoxification programs and a well-balanced diet inclusive of many raw and living foods. Long-time raw foodists who eat a well-balanced diet are not b-12 deficient. Our 40-year young community of 3,000 vegans (no dairy, no eggs, no preservatives, no processed foods) who live in Israel have been able to avoid b-12 deficiency with improvements in diet. (We and our children get medically tested at random.) In addition, it has been scientifically proven that b-12 is found in bananas, sea vegetables, and brewers yeast. Eating a nice raw salad with a variety of vegetables each day has been known to assist with b-12 deficiency (it also helps with keeping the colon clean). Love, Zakhah Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Greetings My family used to take brewer's yeast and we stopped. It is not 100% natural. My husband has been doing some research, it is made in the lab. May be someone might have some more information on this supplement.

Yes, it's indeed a lab-created product, to my knowledge, not food at all.

Please keep in mind that we have all been taught to fool ourselves by using various euphemisms to mask what we are actually doing. For example, we "eat" food, but we "take" medicine or supplements. Now, we put all of these into our mouth, swallow, and hope for some sort of constructive digestive response. In other words, we eat them all. So when we use a word like "supplement", we may do well to ask ourselves, supplement what? What is so inadequate that it requires supplementation? And if the answer is, "my diet", then perhaps improve the diet and forget the supplements.

Just thoughts ...

Elchanan

On Behalf Of Nadine Pierre-CharlesTuesday, August 28, 2007 4:44 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em article

Greetings

My family used to take brewer's yeast and we stopped. It is not 100% natural. My husband has been doing some research, it is made in the lab. May be someone might have some more information on this supplement.

That is interesting. Someone sent that to me a couple of weeks ago. I tried the banana peel with a wart and didn't have any luck. I guess I didn't keep it on long enough or something.That also brings up another question. What is the best way to go about finding a local holistic doctor in my area? I am not sure where to begin. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan

That's what I figured. It doesn't grow on a tree, or out of the ground........ :)--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- consuldianne wrote:Nadine Pierre-Charles <consuldianne Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em articleTue, 28 Aug 2007 16:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings My family used to take brewer's yeast and we stopped. It is not 100% natural. My husband has been doing some research, it is made in the lab. May be someone might have some more information on this supplement.

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Where are you located Scott? There are often Naturopath Dr.s who either are vegan or are positive to it.

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ScottTuesday, August 28, 2007 9:29 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em article

That is interesting. Someone sent that to me a couple of weeks ago. I tried the banana peel with a wart and didn't have any luck. I guess I didn't keep it on long enough or something.That also brings up another question. What is the best way to go about finding a local holistic doctor in my area? I am not sure where to begin. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan

I am in Northern Virginia, US.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan--- pnparlette wrote:<pnparletteRE: Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em articleTue, 28 Aug 2007 22:29:12 -0400Where are you located Scott? There are often Naturopath Dr.s who either are vegan or are positive to it.Nancy www.healthylivingstrategies.net On Behalf Of ScottTuesday, August 28, 2007 9:29 PM Subject: Re: Soy milk cooked - b12/ bananas, gotta love 'em articleThat is interesting. Someone sent that to me a couple of weeks ago. I tried the banana peel with a wart and didn't have any luck. I guess I didn't keep it on long enough or something.That also brings up another question. What is the best way to go about finding a local holistic doctor in my area? I am not sure where to begin. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com