IndiaDivine.org

Please Help School Trouble

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have finally had it. I just discovered some troubling news about my son's preschool. It is unfortunately too late to pull him out because we have already signed a contract and paid some money.The president of the school, who is married to a medical doctor, has decided not to listen to parents about healthy foods at snack time. I am absolutely irate over this. They are feeding the kids cookies and all sorts of garbage, but have banned bananas because one parent said it makes her kid constipated. A friend, who's child is in the same class as my son, has attempted to talk with the president of the school about changing this policy; and to make the food healthier.The president basically laughed and said they won't make the changes. She then proceeded to poke fun at my friend during a parent teacher conference, and basically said she is nuts. My friend is vegetarian, and has asked that the children be given healthier snacks, such as fruits and veggies only.The parents take turns bringing the snacks each week. The school will not allow snacks unless they are packaged; because of peanut allergies. If you bring fruit, it must still be in a peal, and be whole.We have already contacted the other parents and they don't really care about feeding the kids healthy food.Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle this dilemma? Thanks.PS:The school policy will not allow us to give our children their own snacks. They must eat the snacks provided by the chosen parent of the week. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Scott,

Tell the school due to medical reasons you child will not be able to eat the weekly snack, and that you will send your childs snack, period.

The medical reason is "just as bananas were stopped by another parent", your child does not eat what causes harm to his/her body. Tell your child not to eat the snack brought in and send his snack, make sure it appeals to him because if he has already had what the school gives of course he may be attracted to it. Make his snacks interesting and fun so that he does not feel left out or that he is missing something.

ChellySee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Pull your child out of the school. I am childless, so take that with a grain of salt but Ive learned that you have gotta get drastic when soemthings alot to you.On 9/9/07,

Chellysblessed <Chellysblessed wrote:

Scott,

Tell the school due to medical reasons you child will not be able to eat the weekly snack, and that you will send your childs snack, period.

The medical reason is " just as bananas were stopped by another parent " , your child does not eat what causes harm to his/her body. Tell your child not to eat the snack brought in and send his snack, make sure it appeals to him because if he has already had what the school gives of course he may be attracted to it. Make his snacks interesting and fun so that he does not feel left out or that he is missing something.

Chelly

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage

-- "I'm becoming more and more myself with time. I guess that's what grace is. The refinement of your soul through time."... " I have the will of a sledgehammer. What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

I'd say that my child is allergic to dairy and gluten (after all they are bad for us and cause our bodies to react) and therefore you have a medical excuse to have your child bring their own snack. You could also get a naturopath or other nutritionist (Shoot, I'll write you a note) to send a letter saying that it is necessary for this child to maintain his diet,...

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ScottFriday, September 07, 2007 6:03 PM Please Help School Trouble

I have finally had it. I just discovered some troubling news about my son's preschool. It is unfortunately too late to pull him out because we have already signed a contract and paid some money.The president of the school, who is married to a medical doctor, has decided not to listen to parents about healthy foods at snack time. I am absolutely irate over this. They are feeding the kids cookies and all sorts of garbage, but have banned bananas because one parent said it makes her kid constipated. A friend, who's child is in the same class as my son, has attempted to talk with the president of the school about changing this policy; and to make the food healthier.The president basically laughed and said they won't make the changes. She then proceeded to poke fun at my friend during a parent teacher conference, and basically said she is nuts. My friend is vegetarian, and has asked that the children be given healthier snacks, such as fruits and veggies only.The parents take turns bringing the snacks each week. The school will not allow snacks unless they are packaged; because of peanut allergies. If you bring fruit, it must still be in a peal, and be whole.We have already contacted the other parents and they don't really care about feeding the kids healthy food.Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle this dilemma? Thanks.PS:The school policy will not allow us to give our children their own snacks. They must eat the snacks provided by the chosen parent of the week. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

go to the local news outlets and check with who the

school is chartered with. Take the dilemna beyond the

school and it's president. You should have dominance

over what you want for your kids!!!

--- Scott <scottm wrote:

I have finally had it. I just discovered some

troubling news about my son's preschool. It is

unfortunately too late to pull him out because we have

already signed a contract and paid some money.

The president of the school, who is married to a

medical doctor, has decided not to listen to parents

about healthy foods at snack time. I am absolutely

irate over this. They are feeding the kids cookies

and all sorts of garbage, but have banned bananas

because one parent said it makes her kid constipated.

A friend, who's child is in the same class as my son,

has attempted to talk with the president of the school

about changing this policy; and to make the food

healthier.

The president basically laughed and said they won't

make the changes. She then proceeded to poke fun at

my friend during a parent teacher conference, and

basically said she is nuts. My friend is vegetarian,

and has asked that the children be given healthier

snacks, such as fruits and veggies only.

The parents take turns bringing the snacks each week.

The school will not allow snacks unless they are

packaged; because of peanut allergies. If you bring

fruit, it must still be in a peal, and be whole.

We have already contacted the other parents and they

don't really care about feeding the kids healthy food.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle this

dilemma? Thanks.

PS:

The school policy will not allow us to give our

children their own snacks. They must eat the snacks

provided by the chosen parent of the week. Thanks.

--

Scott

Don't under estimate the wisdom of nature.

If man made it, don't eat it.

Raw Vegan

Learn about the power of raw foods at --->

http://www.rawfoods.com

______________________________\

____

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.

http://search./search?fr=oni_on_mail & p=summer+activities+for+kids & cs=bz

I have already considered that. My wife is discussing it with his teacher. Also, she plans to run for the board of the school so she can change the policy. I am considering running for president of the school too.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.PoisoningANation

i guess you have two choices. 1) fight the fight 2) accept the fact that putting your child in "society" ie. preschool, you have lost a small amount of control over him. That he will have other influences, along with other food. that this snack is a very small part of his over all daily nutrition and having a cookie here and there isnt going to damage him over all. my advice, tell them cookies make your kid constipated. Realistically, go talk to your pediatrician, he/she will give you the best advice. tara Scott <scottm wrote: I have finally had it. I just discovered some troubling news about my son's preschool. It is unfortunately too late to pull him out because we have already signed a contract and paid some money.The president of the school, who is married to a medical doctor, has decided not to listen to parents about healthy foods at snack time. I am absolutely irate over this. They are feeding the kids cookies and all sorts of garbage, but have banned bananas because one parent said it makes her kid constipated. A friend, who's child is in the same class as my son, has attempted to talk with the president of the school about changing this policy; and to make the food healthier.The president basically laughed and said they won't make the

changes. She then proceeded to poke fun at my friend during a parent teacher conference, and basically said she is nuts. My friend is vegetarian, and has asked that the children be given healthier snacks, such as fruits and veggies only.The parents take turns bringing the snacks each week. The school will not allow snacks unless they are packaged; because of peanut allergies. If you bring fruit, it must still be in a peal, and be whole.We have already contacted the other parents and they don't really care about feeding the kids healthy food.Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle this dilemma? Thanks.PS:The school policy will not allow us to give our children their own snacks. They must eat the snacks provided by the chosen parent of the week. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.Raw Vegan Learn

about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

That makes no sense at all. The contract verses your child's heath. You better stand up for what you believe .You have a right to take them to court and trust me they don't want that . No ugly PR . You've won before you get started

It's your life and the life of your family .See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

My wife has sent a few emails. She finally got an email verifying the school will make an amendment to their current policy fulfilling her request. I am interested to see what the amendment will state.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.PoisoningANation.com--- Namaska7 wrote:Namaska7To: Subject: Re: Please Help School TroubleTue, 11 Sep 2007 04:06:57 EDT

That makes no sense at all. The contract verses your child's heath. You better stand up for what you believe .You have a right to take them to court and trust me they don't want that . No ugly PR . You've won before you get started

It's your life and the life of your family .

A positive note: Montgomery County Public Schools (Maryland) now have to offer a meatless option every day. It can be a cheese sandwich or a peanut butter sandwich. These are not ideal but it's a start!

Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Autos.

My kids attend school in calvert county, and they just ask the lunch attendant for something vegetarian and they get it, they also ask for juice instead of milk. (SO PROUD OF THEM). Id pack their lunch, but being a full-time student, and my ex is disabled, we are low income, so they get free lunch, and i cant pass that up. Tarasatvic vegan <satvicvegan wrote: A positive note: Montgomery County Public Schools (Maryland) now have to offer a meatless option every day. It can be

a cheese sandwich or a peanut butter sandwich. These are not ideal but it's a start! Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Autos. Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

keep us informedScott <scottm wrote: My wife has sent a few emails. She finally got an email verifying the school will make an amendment to their current policy fulfilling her request. I am interested to see what the amendment will state.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.PoisoningANation.com---

Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) comTo: Subject: Re: Please Help School TroubleTue, 11 Sep 2007 04:06:57 EDT That makes no sense at all. The contract verses your child's heath. You better stand up for what you believe .You have a right to take them to court and trust me they don't want that . No ugly PR . You've won before you get started It's your life and the life of your family . Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7