IndiaDivine.org

Distinguishing Salt (Sodium Chloride) from Mineral Salts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Rezz,

Thanks so much for brining up this conversation. I feel a certain sadness that you have taken the low road, making the conversation personal about me to an extent. So I'll try and switch back to the high road by simply appreciating that your intention is to share for the highest and best of good of all present. And I'll respond on the basis of your content, alone.

My sense, Rezz, is that we agree completely. My comments, given in the past, are about sodium chloride in particular, and you do not appear to claim that sodium chloride, per se, is food for humans. I definitely hold that it is not.

There is no single "primary electrolyte". Salt (sodium chloride), in and of itself, is not an electrolyte at all. Ionic sodium is an electrolyte ... as are ionic potassium, calcium, etc. These belong to a family called "mineral salts", as you point out and as I have mentioned in the past. I have written, and of course agree, that we DO require mineral salts, electrolytes, among other mineral compounds, in order to function successfully and in fact at all.

However, we possess no substantive capacity to digest, or to otherwise metabolize, sodium chloride. Whenever we consume sodium chloride, our bodies immediately perceive the presence of severely caustic foreign matter and set to work first, to dilute the salt so that it causes minimal damage to our tissues and organs, and then to remove the salt. However, because our bodies cannot, under ordinary circumstances, safely remove a large amount of sodium chloride within any brief time interval, our bodies store the dilution (as a brine)), first under the skin, and then elsewhere if we overload ourselves to the point where we lack capacity to store more under the skin.

This is why, when people first begin to "lose weight" (an expression I typically avoid for various reasons), the first thing to come off is "water weight".

QUESTION: What is "water weight"?

ANSWER: To a great degree, it is the brine I describe above.

This conclusion seems almost intuitively obvious to me, because:

1. Some of us have lived quite healthfully for years without consuming sodium chloride. Were we deficient in some electrolyte as a result, we would lose a part of our our capacity to function quickly and in ways that would be utterly obvious to ourselves and others.

2. Were our bodies actually to metabolize sodium chloride from the chlorine, that is, to separate the sodium for subsequent use, then our bodies would contain free chlorine, one of the most destructive bleaches available. And we would NOT be happy campers!!!

I hope these comments add a bit of clarity on this topic.

Best to all,

Elchanan

Rezz Yisrael [zirlah]

Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:19 AM

Elchanan

Cc:

Clarification Of Elchanan

Greetings family,

I am not sure how the research and/or scholarship of the person Elchanan is so heavily being regarded, as it seems to be lately. Anyone who advocates the removal of [non-specified source] salt from ones diet aught to be put to question! How can anyone of us be so unaware and to such a degree?

Salt {in an organic whole form} is most precious to the faculties of the body. It is the primary electrolyte and is vitally essential for staying hydrated on a cellular level. Water & Salt are the basis for blood serum and all saline solutions. Why does a hospital give a person an IV? This is an electrolytic slurry of water, salt and other minerals such as potassium. What is in our tears, perspiration, blood, cerebro-spinal fluid, saliva (root Sal means salt), semen, urine, lymphatic fluid and every other bodily fluid? Organic salt.

This is precisely why we eat SALads!

It must be clear that nutritional Salt is an elemental & foundational food. Here, I am not indicating mere sodium chloride or isolate sodium. Organic salt(s) are molecular tapestries of trace minerals and loaded with harmonic resonance. It is bedrock nutrition at its best for us human beings. I do indeed obtain the best available, this being crystalline structured Himalayan pink Salt. This has demonstrated to me to be the Trinity Water of nutritional salts.

Have we forgotten about Trinity water?

Out of sight and mind evidently for us.

No disrespect to Elchanan. I have not met this person directly. Yet, when I read posts of them denouncing salt, this suggests to me that there is some CIA disinformation operation going down or something equivalent. We need to all do our own research if we truly want to apply the best knowledge.

Parsimony,

Rezz

The best way to get sodium (or any other minerals) is through the food we eat.

For example, to replace the electrolytes lost from heavy exercise, Dr. Doug Graham

recommends a smoothie using water, bananas and celery. The celery has sodium and the bananas have glucose, protein and potassium (besides plenty of other things), so we can drink something like this as an excellent way to help replenish electrolytes.

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ElchananSunday, September 09, 2007 12:06 PM Subject: Distinguishing "Salt" (Sodium Chloride) from "Mineral Salts"

Hi Rezz,

Thanks so much for brining up this conversation. I feel a certain sadness that you have taken the low road, making the conversation personal about me to an extent. So I'll try and switch back to the high road by simply appreciating that your intention is to share for the highest and best of good of all present. And I'll respond on the basis of your content, alone.

My sense, Rezz, is that we agree completely. My comments, given in the past, are about sodium chloride in particular, and you do not appear to claim that sodium chloride, per se, is food for humans. I definitely hold that it is not.

There is no single "primary electrolyte". Salt (sodium chloride), in and of itself, is not an electrolyte at all. Ionic sodium is an electrolyte ... as are ionic potassium, calcium, etc. These belong to a family called "mineral salts", as you point out and as I have mentioned in the past. I have written, and of course agree, that we DO require mineral salts, electrolytes, among other mineral compounds, in order to function successfully and in fact at all.

However, we possess no substantive capacity to digest, or to otherwise metabolize, sodium chloride. Whenever we consume sodium chloride, our bodies immediately perceive the presence of severely caustic foreign matter and set to work first, to dilute the salt so that it causes minimal damage to our tissues and organs, and then to remove the salt. However, because our bodies cannot, under ordinary circumstances, safely remove a large amount of sodium chloride within any brief time interval, our bodies store the dilution (as a brine)), first under the skin, and then elsewhere if we overload ourselves to the point where we lack capacity to store more under the skin.

This is why, when people first begin to "lose weight" (an expression I typically avoid for various reasons), the first thing to come off is "water weight".

QUESTION: What is "water weight"?

ANSWER: To a great degree, it is the brine I describe above.

This conclusion seems almost intuitively obvious to me, because:

1. Some of us have lived quite healthfully for years without consuming sodium chloride. Were we deficient in some electrolyte as a result, we would lose a part of our our capacity to function quickly and in ways that would be utterly obvious to ourselves and others.

2. Were our bodies actually to metabolize sodium chloride from the chlorine, that is, to separate the sodium for subsequent use, then our bodies would contain free chlorine, one of the most destructive bleaches available. And we would NOT be happy campers!!!

I hope these comments add a bit of clarity on this topic.

Best to all,

Elchanan

Rezz Yisrael [zirlah ]

Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:19 AM

Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org

Cc:

Clarification Of Elchanan

Greetings family,

I am not sure how the research and/or scholarship of the person Elchanan is so heavily being regarded, as it seems to be lately. Anyone who advocates the removal of [non-specified source] salt from ones diet aught to be put to question! How can anyone of us be so unaware and to such a degree?

Salt {in an organic whole form} is most precious to the faculties of the body. It is the primary electrolyte and is vitally essential for staying hydrated on a cellular level. Water & Salt are the basis for blood serum and all saline solutions. Why does a hospital give a person an IV? This is an electrolytic slurry of water, salt and other minerals such as potassium. What is in our tears, perspiration, blood, cerebro-spinal fluid, saliva (root Sal means salt), semen, urine, lymphatic fluid and every other bodily fluid? Organic salt.

This is precisely why we eat SALads!

It must be clear that nutritional Salt is an elemental & foundational food. Here, I am not indicating mere sodium chloride or isolate sodium. Organic salt(s) are molecular tapestries of trace minerals and loaded with harmonic resonance. It is bedrock nutrition at its best for us human beings. I do indeed obtain the best available, this being crystalline structured Himalayan pink Salt. This has demonstrated to me to be the Trinity Water of nutritional salts.

Have we forgotten about Trinity water?

Out of sight and mind evidently for us.

No disrespect to Elchanan. I have not met this person directly. Yet, when I read posts of them denouncing salt, this suggests to me that there is some CIA disinformation operation going down or something equivalent. We need to all do our own research if we truly want to apply the best knowledge.

Parsimony,

Rezz

ive made this and its become a must for me, and its awesome. just use nice ripe bananas for a little more sweetness. tarapnparlette wrote: The best way to get sodium (or any other minerals) is through the food we eat. For example, to replace the electrolytes lost from heavy exercise, Dr. Doug Graham recommends a smoothie using water, bananas and celery. The celery has sodium and the bananas have glucose, protein and potassium (besides plenty of other things), so we can drink something like this as an excellent way to help replenish electrolytes. Nancy www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of ElchananSunday, September 09, 2007 12:06 PM Subject: Distinguishing "Salt" (Sodium Chloride) from "Mineral Salts" Hi Rezz, Thanks so much for brining up this conversation. I feel a certain sadness that you have taken the low road, making the conversation personal about me to an extent. So I'll try and switch back to the high road by simply appreciating that your intention is to share for the highest and best of good of all present. And I'll respond on the basis of your content, alone. My sense, Rezz, is that we agree completely. My comments, given in the past, are about sodium chloride in particular, and

you do not appear to claim that sodium chloride, per se, is food for humans. I definitely hold that it is not. There is no single "primary electrolyte". Salt (sodium chloride), in and of itself, is not an electrolyte at all. Ionic sodium is an electrolyte ... as are ionic potassium, calcium, etc. These belong to a family called "mineral salts", as you point out and as I have mentioned in the past. I have written, and of course agree, that we DO require mineral salts, electrolytes, among other mineral compounds, in order to function successfully and in fact at all. However, we possess no substantive capacity to digest, or to otherwise metabolize, sodium chloride. Whenever we consume sodium chloride, our bodies immediately perceive the presence of severely caustic foreign matter and set to work first, to dilute

the salt so that it causes minimal damage to our tissues and organs, and then to remove the salt. However, because our bodies cannot, under ordinary circumstances, safely remove a large amount of sodium chloride within any brief time interval, our bodies store the dilution (as a brine)), first under the skin, and then elsewhere if we overload ourselves to the point where we lack capacity to store more under the skin. This is why, when people first begin to "lose weight" (an expression I typically avoid for various reasons), the first thing to come off is "water weight". QUESTION: What is "water weight"? ANSWER: To a great degree, it is the brine I describe above. This conclusion seems almost intuitively obvious to me, because: 1. Some of us have lived quite healthfully for years without consuming sodium chloride. Were we deficient in some electrolyte as a result, we would lose a part of our our capacity to function quickly and in ways that would be utterly obvious to ourselves and others. 2. Were our bodies actually to metabolize sodium chloride from the chlorine, that is, to separate the sodium for subsequent use, then our bodies would contain free chlorine, one of the most destructive bleaches available. And we would NOT be happy campers!!! I hope these comments add a bit of clarity on this topic. Best to

all, Elchanan Rezz Yisrael [zirlah ] Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:19 AM Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org Cc: Clarification Of Elchanan Greetings family, I am not sure how the research and/or scholarship of the person Elchanan is so heavily being regarded, as it seems to be lately. Anyone who advocates the removal of

[non-specified source] salt from ones diet aught to be put to question! How can anyone of us be so unaware and to such a degree? Salt {in an organic whole form} is most precious to the faculties of the body. It is the primary electrolyte and is vitally essential for staying hydrated on a cellular level. Water & Salt are the basis for blood serum and all saline solutions. Why does a hospital give a person an IV? This is an electrolytic slurry of water, salt and other minerals such as potassium. What is in our tears, perspiration, blood, cerebro-spinal fluid, saliva (root Sal means salt), semen, urine, lymphatic fluid and every other bodily fluid? Organic salt. This is precisely why we eat SALads! It must be clear that nutritional Salt is an elemental & foundational food.

Here, I am not indicating mere sodium chloride or isolate sodium. Organic salt(s) are molecular tapestries of trace minerals and loaded with harmonic resonance. It is bedrock nutrition at its best for us human beings. I do indeed obtain the best available, this being crystalline structured Himalayan pink Salt. This has demonstrated to me to be the Trinity Water of nutritional salts. Have we forgotten about Trinity water? Out of sight and mind evidently for us. No disrespect to Elchanan. I have not met this person directly. Yet, when I read posts of them denouncing salt, this suggests to me that there is some CIA disinformation operation going down or something equivalent. We need to all do our own research if we truly want to apply the best knowledge. Parsimony, Rezz Hugs from MD Tara

proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7