IndiaDivine.org

Language: Inorganic, Nonorganic (WAS: Himalayan Salt 100% Myth)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Mark,

It's both inorganic and nonorganic. We have one term of chemistry, one term of agriculture.

- Inorganic a chemistry term meaning that the molecule does not contain CHON (carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen; further, the bond binding the sodium to the chlorine is an ionic bond.

- Nonorganic, meaning that it's pretty meaningless to think of "certified organic" salt ... though one could certainly identify salt products that would definitely NOT qualify as "organic".

Hope this helps,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of Mark BlakeMonday, September 10, 2007 11:26 AM Subject: RE: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth

isn't sea salt inorganic?

"Elchanan" <Elchanan To: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% MythSun, 9 Sep 2007 21:18:34 -0700

Pam, I'm obviously not Rezz, but someone once checked out the so-called Himalayan salt in GREAT detail worldwide. Turns out it is 100% ... 100% ... marketing hype, a label pasted on ordinary salt. It turns out that there is not a single producing salt mine in the region in the Himalayas from which that salt is purported to come. I've even offered money, in the past, to anyone who could disprove this. Never heard a whimper from anyone on the planet, and I once made this offer far and wide.

I can try to dig up the research, if anyone is that interested. No promises though, as it was quite some time ago.

Best,

Elchanan

"Elchanan" <Elchanan To: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% MythSun, 9 Sep 2007 21:18:34 -0700

do we absorb inorganic minerals

"Elchanan" <Elchanan To: Language: Inorganic, Nonorganic (WAS: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth)Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:46:10 -0700

Hi Mark,

It's both inorganic and nonorganic. We have one term of chemistry, one term of agriculture.

- Inorganic a chemistry term meaning that the molecule does not contain CHON (carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen; further, the bond binding the sodium to the chlorine is an ionic bond.

- Nonorganic, meaning that it's pretty meaningless to think of "certified organic" salt ... though one could certainly identify salt products that would definitely NOT qualify as "organic".

Hope this helps,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of Mark BlakeMonday, September 10, 2007 11:26 AM Subject: RE: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth

"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> To: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% MythSun, 9 Sep 2007 21:18:34 -0700

Pam, I'm obviously not Rezz, but someone once checked out the so-called Himalayan salt in GREAT detail worldwide. Turns out it is 100% ... 100% ... marketing hype, a label pasted on ordinary salt. It turns out that there is not a single producing salt mine in the region in the Himalayas from which that salt is purported to come. I've even offered money, in the past, to anyone who could disprove this. Never heard a whimper from anyone on the planet, and I once made this offer far and wide.

I can try to dig up the research, if anyone is that interested. No promises though, as it was quite some time ago.

Best,

Elchanan

"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> To: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% MythSun, 9 Sep 2007 21:18:34 -0700

NO - or we could eat dirt and rocks :-) That's why God made photosynthesis, so the plants could up take the inorganic and make it available to us.

Isn't God nice :-)

Organic = containing carbon in bio/chem.

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of Mark BlakeTuesday, September 11, 2007 6:52 AM Subject: RE: Language: Inorganic, Nonorganic (WAS: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth)

do we absorb inorganic minerals

"Elchanan" <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> To: Language: Inorganic, Nonorganic (WAS: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth)Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:46:10 -0700

Hi Mark,

Hope this helps,

Elchanan

<pnparlette To: RE: Language: Inorganic, Nonorganic (WAS: "Himalayan Salt"" 100% Myth)Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:09:15 -0400

NO - or we could eat dirt and rocks :-) That's why God made photosynthesis, so the plants could up take the inorganic and make it available to us.

Isn't God nice :-)

Organic = containing carbon in bio/chem.

www.healthylivingstrategies.net