IndiaDivine.org

RECIPE: Zucchini Hummus (No-Bean Hummus)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tara,

Forget about chick peas, make your hummus out of zucchini!!! Here's a recipe, I'd remove the harsher stuff for myself, but it's not my recipe. Originally created by Matt Samuelson, a RF chef certified by Cherie Soria, I believe.

No-Bean Hummus

Obviously, this is NOT a mild, low-fat recipe. But it tastes, looks, and feels like hummus without the beans. In fact, it may actually be the best hummus I've ever had. Personally I'd go light on the garlic! :)

2 zucchini, cut in big chunks and process with S blade in food processor.

Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth:

¾ cup raw tahini

2-4 cloves garlic, pressed

½ cup lemon juice

1 t salt, to taste

1 t cumin

1 t paprika

dash cayenne

¾ cup sesame seeds, soaked and dried if possible

Best,

Elchanan

TaraMonday, September 10, 2007 12:29 PM Subject: Re: Sprouts

thanks, thats awesome, i would love to be able to do more of my own greens

i at least want to be able to sprout chick peas so i can make raw hummus.

taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote:

Tara,

Google on Steve Meyerowitz, the "Sproutman". He has grown virtually all his own greens for decades, starting out in a tiny apartment. If you wish to learn about sprouting at home, he's your resource.

Best,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of TaraFriday, September 07, 2007 11:48 AM Subject: sprouts

can you guys give me some of your ways of sprouting. Ive used glass jars, relacing the lids with cheese cloth. but i really am struggling with this technique but i want sprouts to be a good part of my "diet". Ive heard of sprouting bags, and such. just want some imput.

tara

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7

Be careful with Zucchinis because many of they are genetically engineered.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.PoisoningANation.com--- Elchanan wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan RECIPE: Zucchini Hummus (No-Bean Hummus)Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:09:34 -0700Hi Tara, Forget about chick peas, make your hummus out of zucchini!!! Here's a recipe, I'd remove the harsher stuff for myself, but it's not my recipe. Originally created by Matt Samuelson, a RF chef certified by Cherie Soria, I believe. No-Bean Hummus Obviously, this is NOT a mild, low-fat recipe. But it tastes, looks, and feels like hummus without the beans. In fact, it may actually be the best hummus I've ever had. Personally I'd go light on the garlic! :) 2 zucchini, cut in big chunks and process with S blade in food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth: ¾ cup raw tahini2-4 cloves garlic, pressed½ cup lemon juice1 t salt, to taste1 t cumin1 t paprikadash cayenne¾ cup sesame seeds, soaked and dried if possible Best,Elchanan Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

Oh, I only use organic, and typically from farmers I know or grown right here. Thanks for sharing ...

On Behalf Of ScottTuesday, September 11, 2007 4:56 AM Subject: Re: RECIPE: Zucchini Hummus (No-Bean Hummus)

Be careful with Zucchinis because many of they are genetically engineered.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.PoisoningANation.com--- Elchanan wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan RECIPE: Zucchini Hummus (No-Bean Hummus)Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:09:34 -0700

Hi Tara,

Forget about chick peas, make your hummus out of zucchini!!! Here's a recipe, I'd remove the harsher stuff for myself, but it's not my recipe. Originally created by Matt Samuelson, a RF chef certified by Cherie Soria, I believe.

No-Bean Hummus

Obviously, this is NOT a mild, low-fat recipe. But it tastes, looks, and feels like hummus without the beans. In fact, it may actually be the best hummus I've ever had. Personally I'd go light on the garlic! :)

2 zucchini, cut in big chunks and process with S blade in food processor.

Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth:

¾ cup raw tahini

2-4 cloves garlic, pressed

½ cup lemon juice

1 t salt, to taste

1 t cumin

1 t paprika

dash cayenne

¾ cup sesame seeds, soaked and dried if possible

Best,

Elchanan

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com

thanks i do both, the last time i went to whole foods they were out of raw tahini, i was so upset. i live so far from any organic store, it took two weeks of planning to get to the whole foods an hour away. friday, the kids and i are going organic shopping, they have the day off. taraElchanan <Elchanan wrote: Hi Tara, Forget about chick peas, make your hummus out of zucchini!!! Here's a recipe, I'd remove the harsher stuff for myself, but it's not my recipe. Originally created by Matt Samuelson, a RF chef certified by Cherie Soria, I believe. No-Bean Hummus Obviously, this is NOT a mild, low-fat recipe. But it tastes, looks, and feels like hummus without the beans. In fact, it may actually be the best hummus I've ever had. Personally I'd go light on the garlic! :) 2 zucchini, cut in big chunks and process with S blade in food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth: ¾ cup raw tahini 2-4 cloves garlic, pressed ½ cup lemon juice 1 t salt, to taste 1 t cumin 1 t paprika dash cayenne ¾ cup sesame seeds, soaked and dried if possible Best, Elchanan TaraMonday, September 10, 2007 12:29 PM Subject: Re: Sprouts thanks, thats awesome, i would love to be able to do more of my own greens i at least want to be able to sprout chick peas so i can make raw hummus. taraElchanan <Elchanan (AT) PathOfHealth (DOT) org> wrote: Tara, Google on Steve Meyerowitz, the

"Sproutman". He has grown virtually all his own greens for decades, starting out in a tiny apartment. If you wish to learn about sprouting at home, he's your resource. Best, Elchanan On Behalf Of TaraFriday, September 07, 2007 11:48 AM Subject: sprouts can you guys give me some of your ways of sprouting. Ive used glass jars, relacing the lids with

cheese cloth. but i really am struggling with this technique but i want sprouts to be a good part of my "diet". Ive heard of sprouting bags, and such. just want some imput. tara Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7 Hugs from MD Tara

proud mom of three great kids Sara 10, Joey 9, and Skylar 7