IndiaDivine.org

Freezing almonds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Scott,

Because almonds are a high-fat, low-water-content food, freezing does not cause nearly the damage. So yes, there is always some damage, but as a matter of degree, fairly minimal.

If you buy the almonds in the shell, there is an added measure of protection. Nuts and seeds in this state are, in general, designed to survive through many of Nature's challenges (weather and otherwise).

Best,

Elchanan

On Behalf Of ScottMonday, September 17, 2007 9:26 AM frozen almonds

I was quite disappointed when I went to Whole Foods the other day and saw a sign stating the organic raw almonds are pasteurized. Thus, I started looking elsewhere for almonds. I noticed some companies are freezing them to kill the insects. What kind of issues does this pose for the enzymes and nutrients of the nuts?The discussion we previously had on freezing bananas would lead me to believe freezing almonds is just as bad.--Scott

Do you recommend any online sites where the almonds can be purchased in their shells? I have looked high and low at local stores, and online, and have not had any luck. Thanks.--ScottDon't under estimate the wisdom of nature.If man made it, don't eat it.POISONINGaNATION.com--- Elchanan wrote:"Elchanan" <Elchanan Freezing almondsMon, 17 Sep 2007 11:56:47 -0700

Hi Scott,

Because almonds are a high-fat, low-water-content food, freezing does not cause nearly the damage. So yes, there is always some damage, but as a matter of degree, fairly minimal.

If you buy the almonds in the shell, there is an added measure of protection. Nuts and seeds in this state are, in general, designed to survive through many of Nature's challenges (weather and otherwise).

Best,

Elchanan

Learn about the power of raw foods at ---> http://www.rawfoods.com