IndiaDivine.org

Jesus Was NOT A Raw Foodist!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mark,

I understand what you are saying but unfortunately it's not totally true. You eat raw because of what you have heard about eating raw. It does not mean that you are a follower it just means that you have found something to be true and that you choose for yourself to acknowledge what you have learned and put it into practice. To say that you don't need outside validation, is understandable but not a safe way to live. If you smoked crack you would not want outside validation because you'd be doing what you think is right. Being selfish basically. Validation of the harm you would do to yourself is what would be needed and of course intervention.

I find it quite arrogant when a person finds information of value and then they take all the credit as if the concept was totally created by them. It is okay to acknowledge others as well as be at peace within regarding the decisions you make. Take a recipe to make raw spaghetti, are you a follower of a Raw Cook Guru because you used the recipe out of a raw cook book. Will you make the spaghetti and then say it was made up from your own mind and creativeness? Don't be afraid to give credit where credit is due and appreciate validation and/or constructive criticism from others. Always remain teachable. If the world opperated in a "do what I feel, when I feel, don't need to know how you feel," way, we'd all be in trouble.

Ponder that.See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

In order for me to eat I raw food diet I just need to eat it.. Looking for

reasons, or other people who have or are eating this way, is essentially

searching for external validation.. Looking to convince me or others of the

right-ness of my choice.. I don't eat raw foods because of enzymes, or the

studies to support it, or this or that Guru approves it.. I eat raw because

I eat raw.. Changing my eating and still being a herd follower, or in need

of external validation, is an indication that no work is happening

internally w/ my core beliefs.. A mentor of mine told me years ago.. " Mark

you were an A hole alcoholic, now that you no longer consume alcohol, you're

left w/ being an A hole " .. It's an inside job..

Mark

><pnparlette

>

>

>RE: Re: Jesus Was NOT A Raw Foodist!

>Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:04:24 -0400

>

>Sorry folks, while I believe the Bible is very supportive of Rawfood

>eating. Jesus WAS NOT a rawfoodist.

>He ate fish and bread. For example - Luke 24:36-43 " As they were

>saying this, Jesus himself stood among them. .... Have you anything here

>to eat? They gave him [Jesus] a piece of broiled fish and he took it and

>ate before them. "

>

>nancy

>

>

>

>www.healthylivingstrategies.net

><http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/>

>

>

> On Behalf

>Of Poppy

>Monday, October 15, 2007 11:34 AM

>

> Re: Jesus Was A Raw Foodist!

>

>

>

>Cool.

>

>I've seen this topic come up before in some other debate groups.

>Supposedly in the New Testament God " changes his mind " on this one,

>drops a white sheet from above and proclaims we are allowed to go

>ahead and eat everyone? Hm... Always seemed sorta fishy to me. LOL

>

>@ <%40> .com,

>Namaska7 wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > __

> >

> > While there may not be any direct references in the Bible by Jesus

>regarding

> > a vegetarian diet, text does exist with Jesus teaching that we

>should not

> > only be eating a vegetarian diet, but that we also should be

>eating a

> > living-food diet (we should not be cooking our food). Jesus

>certainly taught

> > compassion and love, so the thought of Jesus promoting a

>vegetarian diet should not be

> > surprising to us. If you are a follower of Jesus, hopefully you

>will want to

> > read the words he shared with the Essenes, found in ancient

>manuscripts from

> > the 3rd century. If you are not a follower of Jesus, hopefully you

>will

> > still be interested in his words. You do not need to be a follower

>of Jesus to

> > understand the truth in these scriptures.

> > Here are some sections taken from The Essene Gospel of Peace with

>headings

> > added. For the translations of the full scriptures, follow the link

>at the

> > bottom of the page.

> > " Thou shalt not kill "

> >

> > 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that

>which God

> > has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one

>Mother

> > proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills,

>kills his brother.

> > And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck

>from him her

> > quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and

>Satan will have

> > his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his

>body will

> > become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills

>himself, and

> > whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death.

>For in his blood

> > every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their

>breath to

> > stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones

>to chalk; in

> > his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to

>scales; in his

> > ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his

>death.

> >

> > " I have given you every herb bearing seed... to you it shall be

>for meat "

> >

> > Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you

>become the

> > slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads

>unto death.

> > But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way

>of life.

> > Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every

>herb bearing

> > seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in

>the which

> > is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

>And to

> > every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to

>everything that

> > creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give

>every green

> > herb for meat.

> >

> > " eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed "

> >

> > But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the

>food which

> > goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will

>quicken you,

> > but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For

>life comes

> > only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything

>which kills

> > your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills

>your bodies

> > kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are,

>even as your

> > spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat

>not anything

> > which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen

>and rotted

> > foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also. Be not like the

>foolish

> > husbandman who sowed in his ground cooked, and frozen, and rotten

>seeds. And the

> > autumn came, and his fields bore nothing. And great was his

>distress. But be

> > like that husbandman who sowed in his field living seed, and whose

>field bore

> > living ears of wheat, paying a hundredfold for the seeds which he

>planted. For

> > I tell you truly, live only by the fire of life, and prepare not

>your foods

> > with the fire of death, which kills your foods, your bodies and

>your souls

> > also. "

> > " It is the fire which blazes outside your body, which is hotter

>than your

> > blood. With that fire of death you cook your foods in your homes

>and in your

> > fields. I tell you truly, it is the same fire which destroys your

>foods and

> > your bodies, even as the fire of malice, which ravages your

>thoughts, ravages

> > your spirits. For your body is that which you eat, and your spirit

>is that

> > which you think. Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire

>than the fire of

> > life has killed. Wherefore, prepare and eat all fruits of trees,

>and all

> > grasses of the fields, and afl milk of beasts good for eating. For

>all these are

> > fed and ripened by the fire of life; all are the gift of the

>angels of our

> > Earthly Mother. But eat nothing to which only the fire of death

>gives savor, for

> > such is of Satan. "

> > " So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the

>grain and

> > grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees.

>For

> > everything beyond these is of Satan, and leads by the way of sins

>and of diseases

> > unto death. But the foods which you eat from the abundant table of

>God give

> > strength and youth to your body, and you will never see diseases

> > Eat, therefore, all your life at the table of our Earthly Mother,

>and you

> > will never see want. And when you eat at her table, eat all things

>even as they

> > are found on the table of the Earthly Mother. Cook not, neither

>mix all

> > things one with another, lest your bowels become as steaming bogs.

>For I tell you

> > truly, this is abominable in the eyes of the Lord.

> >

> >

> > What would Jesus do? What would Jesus eat? These scriptures help

>clarify

> > what Jesus would have eaten and what he would have recommended to

>others.

> > The online version of the _ESSENE GOSPEL OF PEACE_

> > (http://www.essene. <http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html>

>com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html) (book one) is

>brought to us by _The Essene Nazarean

> > Church of Mount Carmel_ (http://www.essene. <http://www.essene.com/>

>com/) . Other books of

>The Essene

> > Gospel of Peace can be found _here_

> > (http://www.essene. <http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/index.html>

>com/GospelOfPeace/index.html) .

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > __

> > See what's new at _AOL.com_ (http://www.aol. <http://www.aol.com/?>

>com/?

>NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170)

> > and _Make AOL Your Homepage_

> > (http://www.aol.

><http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169>

>com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169) .

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ************************************** See what's new at

>http://www.aol. <http://www.aol.com> com

> >

>

>

>

>

>

I have not read the book, but where did Don get his documentation from?

The most accurate source on Jesus Christ is the Bible, so I'm speaking from that.

I also agree with Mark - what difference does it really make, you have to decide for your self.

Besides, Jesus knew he was only needing to be around 33 years. He spoke of John the Baptist

who was not accepted because he didn't eat or drink like everyone else

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of brenda.wilson-wardSent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:23 AM Cc: Subject: RE: Re: Jesus Was NOT A Raw Foodist!

HELLO BABIES,(SMILE). WHY DON'T YOU GET THE BOOK WHAT JESUS ATE. BY DR.DON COLBET? AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF.<pnparlette@comca st.net> Sent by: To @grou ps.com cc Subject 10/16/2007 06:34 RE: Re: Jesus Was NOT A AM Raw Foodist! Please respond to @grou ps.com Sorry folks, while I believe the Bible is very supportive of Rawfood eating. Jesus WAS NOT a rawfoodist. He ate fish and bread. For example - Luke 24:36-43 "As they were saying this, Jesus himself stood among them. .... Have you anything here to eat? They gave him [Jesus] a piece of broiled fish and he took it and ate before them." nancy www.healthylivingstrategies.net On Behalf Of Poppy Monday, October 15, 2007 11:34 AM Re: Jesus Was A Raw Foodist! Cool. I've seen this topic come up before in some other debate groups. Supposedly in the New Testament God "changes his mind" on this one, drops a white sheet from above and proclaims we are allowed to go ahead and eat everyone? Hm... Always seemed sorta fishy to me. LOL , Namaska7 wrote: > > > > > > > > __ > > While there may not be any direct references in the Bible by Jesus regarding > a vegetarian diet, text does exist with Jesus teaching that we should not > only be eating a vegetarian diet, but that we also should be eating a > living-food diet (we should not be cooking our food). Jesus certainly taught > compassion and love, so the thought of Jesus promoting a vegetarian diet should not be > surprising to us. If you are a follower of Jesus, hopefully you will want to > read the words he shared with the Essenes, found in ancient manuscripts from > the 3rd century. If you are not a follower of Jesus, hopefully you will > still be interested in his words. You do not need to be a follower of Jesus to > understand the truth in these scriptures. > Here are some sections taken from The Essene Gospel of Peace with headings > added. For the translations of the full scriptures, follow the link at the > bottom of the page. > "Thou shalt not kill" > > 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God > has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one Mother > proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. > And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her > quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have > his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will > become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and > whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood > every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to > stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in > his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his > ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. > > "I have given you every herb bearing seed... to you it shall be for meat" > > Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the > slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. > But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. > Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing > seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which > is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to > every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that > creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green > herb for meat. > > "eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed" > > But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which > goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, > but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes > only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills > your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies > kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your > spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat not anything > which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted > foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also. Be not like the foolish > husbandman who sowed in his ground cooked, and frozen, and rotten seeds. And the > autumn came, and his fields bore nothing. And great was his distress. But be > like that husbandman who sowed in his field living seed, and whose field bore > living ears of wheat, paying a hundredfold for the seeds which he planted. For > I tell you truly, live only by the fire of life, and prepare not your foods > with the fire of death, which kills your foods, your bodies and your souls > also." > "It is the fire which blazes outside your body, which is hotter than your > blood. With that fire of death you cook your foods in your homes and in your > fields. I tell you truly, it is the same fire which destroys your foods and > your bodies, even as the fire of malice, which ravages your thoughts, ravages > your spirits. For your body is that which you eat, and your spirit is that > which you think. Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire than the fire of > life has killed. Wherefore, prepare and eat all fruits of trees, and all > grasses of the fields, and afl milk of beasts good for eating. For all these are > fed and ripened by the fire of life; all are the gift of the angels of our > Earthly Mother. But eat nothing to which only the fire of death gives savor, for > such is of Satan." > "So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the grain and > grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees. For > everything beyond these is of Satan, and leads by the way of sins and of diseases > unto death. But the foods which you eat from the abundant table of God give > strength and youth to your body, and you will never see diseases > Eat, therefore, all your life at the table of our Earthly Mother, and you > will never see want. And when you eat at her table, eat all things even as they > are found on the table of the Earthly Mother. Cook not, neither mix all > things one with another, lest your bowels become as steaming bogs. For I tell you > truly, this is abominable in the eyes of the Lord. > > > What would Jesus do? What would Jesus eat? These scriptures help clarify > what Jesus would have eaten and what he would have recommended to others. > The online version of the _ESSENE GOSPEL OF PEACE_ > (http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html) (book one) is brought to us by _The Essene Nazarean > Church of Mount Carmel_ (http://www.essene.com/) . Other books of The Essene > Gospel of Peace can be found _here_ > (http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/index.html) . > > > > > __ > See what's new at _AOL.com_ (http://www.aol.com/? NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170) > and _Make AOL Your Homepage_ > (http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169) . > > > > > ************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com >

It's fascinating that you know why I eat raw..lol.. Now let me see the information about raw foods we share here on the boards yet everyone is not raw. So the assumption that the information is the cause for the change is invalid....As recovering crack addict, over 18 yrs, I assure you that process is all about outside validation, People who have mastered making themselves happy, don't rely on drugs to do that.. By the way, outside intervention is not when I stopped.. I stopped when I had enough.. Can you show me where I took credit for the concept of raw food? Then you can get back on your moral judgements.. I shared my choice to eat raw foods..I've also heard that an all raw diet doesn't work, and that too much fruit is bad, and too much greens is bad. So I've recieved quite a bit of info, sometimes conflicting.. I still get to choose whatever I wish, and don't even have to have a reason.. Strawberry can be my favorite icecream and I can still choose chocolate.. I smoked cigarettes for 15 yrs up to 2 packs a day.. I knew before my first puff that they were harmful, just like when I took my last puff I knew they were harmful... So having the information is just having the information. I still had to choose to quit and to start "To say that you don't need outside validation, is understandable but not a safe way to live" Needing outside valdation would make you depended on other people places or things for you self worth. Now if that's a safe way to live, you go ahead and enjoy your safety.. The just of my post is that we do not need to know who else eats raw to eat that way.. We do not need the science, or the studies, or to be ill.. We are creations of free will, we get to choose, and choices require no explaination.. We can choose just because, and at any time

"argue for your limitations, and you are sure to get them"

>Chellysblessed

>

>

>Re: Jesus Was NOT A Raw Foodist!

>Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:12:22 EDT

>

>Mark,

>

>I understand what you are saying but unfortunately it's not totally true.

>You eat raw because of what you have heard about eating raw. It does not mean

>that you are a follower it just means that you have found something to be

>true and that you choose for yourself to acknowledge what you have learned and

>put it into practice. To say that you don't need outside validation, is

>understandable but not a safe way to live. If you smoked crack you would not

>want outside validation because you'd be doing what you think is right. Being

>selfish basically. Validation of the harm you would do to yourself is what

>would be needed and of course intervention.

>

>I find it quite arrogant when a person finds information of value and then

>they take all the credit as if the concept was totally created by them. It is

>okay to acknowledge others as well as be at peace within regarding the

>decisions you make. Take a recipe to make raw spaghetti, are you a follower of a

>Raw Cook Guru because you used the recipe out of a raw cook book. Will you

>make the spaghetti and then say it was made up from your own mind and

>creativeness? Don't be afraid to give credit where credit is due and appreciate

>validation and/or constructive criticism from others. Always remain teachable.

>If the world opperated in a "do what I feel, when I feel, don't need to know

>how you feel," way, we'd all be in trouble.

>

>Ponder that.

>

>

>

>************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Good for you, Mark. Did not mean to come across judgemental just give credit where credit is due, if you've done everything by yourself then you take all the credit. I give honor and Glory to God and choose to live according to his word, so I believe if I make a decision then it is based off of a certain value system I have set in place but not of my own making.See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

I am not seperate from God..I give honor whenever I choose to be love

ChellysblessedReply- To: Subject: Re: Jesus Was NOT A Raw Foodist!Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:03:57 EDT

Good for you, Mark. Did not mean to come across judgemental just give credit where credit is due, if you've done everything by yourself then you take all the credit. I give honor and Glory to God and choose to live according to his word, so I believe if I make a decision then it is based off of a certain value system I have set in place but not of my own making.

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.