IndiaDivine.org

Has anyone been to Namaskar in NY?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I,DR.NATURAL,HAS BEEN NAMASKAR IN BKLYN NY. I WOULD NOT DARE STEP FOOT INTO ANYONE'S SEAFOOD FOOD ESTABLISHMENT.

WHY DO YOU ASK?

DR.NATURAL

RAW VEGAN

718-612-3652

From: zatitieDate: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:23:41 -0500 Has anyone been to Namaskar in NY?

Mr. Law is the owner of two famous Brooklyn establishments; Namaskar Health Food Store and Bob Law´s Seafood Cafe.

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. Play Now!

In a message dated 11/12/2007 2:52:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, satvicvegan writes:

"Namaskar" means "greeting" as in the yoga series of asanas called "suryanamaskar," the salutation to the sun. Love to all, Helena

Hi Helena,

Brother Bob Law has a health food store/cafe in NY with the name and I just wondered what it was like. Looks like no one knows about it.

Peace Zatiti See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Zattie ,

I have been to Bob Laws store . It has quite a while for me; that store has been there for close to 20 years . Actually his wife was operating it when I visited it. They sold Wild Rood and things of that Nature

As for Namaskar , Namaska , it's meaning is: my Divinity Salutes your Divinity

From the sand script language . Yes ; it is said at the end of Yoga classes." Namaste "

This is the greeting that Nahuru used when he met Mahatma Gandhi for the first time

as seen in the movie Gandhi See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

I ALREADY SENT AN EMAIL INFORMING YOU THAT I HAVE BEEN THERE.NAMASKAR IS MORE OF A HEALTH FOOD STORE AND NOT MUCH OF A CAFE AND I SAID I WILL NOT PATRONIZE BOB LAW'S SEAFOOD RESTUARANT A FEW DOORS DOWN BECAUSE I AM A RAW VEGAN.

DR.NATURAL

718-612-3652

From: zatitieDate: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:48:10 -0500Re: Has anyone been to Namaskar in NY?

In a message dated 11/12/2007 2:52:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, satvicvegan writes:

"Namaskar" means "greeting" as in the yoga series of asanas called "suryanamaskar," the salutation to the sun. Love to all, Helena

Hi Helena,

Brother Bob Law has a health food store/cafe in NY with the name and I just wondered what it was like. Looks like no one knows about it.

Peace Zatiti

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!

I think it is a Great name! I just wondered about the quality of the health food store. I could put it on my list of things to check out next time I am in NY. I think it is important for us to support Black folks who are trying to do the right thing, even if they sell something's that we consider distasteful. Peace

Zatiti Ema NDSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Zattie,

the store is near downtown Brooklyn. It has been there for maybe 20 years.

Bob Law has a large radio audience . So I am sure his following supports the store.

however I agree; that we must support Black Business. As a Business owner that suffered for lack of business. It seems that if your selling the wrong thing everybody will buy grease .

Yet seldom will folks buy what's right . Coupled with the fact that many white folks do not support our business. They support each other and ignore us unless we're selling Bar B Q

This I can say from my own experience . Even in the Live Food Community I see racist social policies daily. Naturally this does not include everyone but a lot.

Now I can hear Pam saying her experience with many Black folks has be tainted by reverse

racism. Which I know to be true. However I think that your right in sending out support .

So don't forget Loving It Live in Atlanta , Vincent is the owner .

Namaska ;

Lynda

. See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.