IndiaDivine.org

Raw Travel & retreating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

greetings Family,Rezz yisrael here. I feel to say that I have observed many offers of trips for retreats on this listserv over recent moments. Why is any one of us going to pay someone 1500 US to 2000 US for a retreat that does not even include airfare? Spiritair has the most affordable flights for the Caribbean overall. And no, I do not work for them. I have searched between them, continental, airtran, jetblue, delta/song and american to name a few for the best inclusive deals. I even found a deal to san juan, PR out of dulles for $191.00 total roundtrip non-stop both ways! The only thing is that one must be able to leave and/or return on a mid-weekday. Otherwise, there is no catch to it. I use to think a person needed at least $1,000 or more to travel to the tropics. This can be no further from truth!Any one of us can venture to republica dominicana,

belize, puerto rico, costa rica, jamaica, saba, dominica, st. john, st. kitts & nevis, trinidad & tobago and many other succulent and vibrant paradises for under one thousand us dollars. I feel we can put the greater fees that are being received by the ones getting this monetary padding from us to much better use. Capitalism will not be forever as the current paradigm. I do not hear/see any others raising this presently, so I'll hesitate no longer to speak up about this. Support one another? Yes, of coursewe can rationalize doing this, yet to what end? What sense does it make to givea person close to 2,000 us dollars before even booking a flight? Food, shopping?Why not buy some raw food appliances, start a collective~coop~intentional community or begin a raw food bed-n-breakfast. Or invest that in green-housingand beyond-organic farming applications. Or even further, why not Free

Energyharnessing in order to liberate oneself from the grid of the capitalism-matrix? We need to be better informed and share much more pertinent information together!We shall remember it is called a Retreat for specific reasons. What is it that we are retreating from? Also, one can think of it in the sense of Re-Treating as wellfor attuning the harmonic resonance within ourselves with the lush tropical greenof these paradises here on earth. Let us be real within ourselves and know that true power-manifest is always in the Power To Create/Co-Create/Re-Create andmake manifest any possibility fathomable. Capitalism wills-out any perceptive notion of power to the very inkling of consciousness. Let us not be fooled again!In Rawness,~Rezz

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Brotha Rezz-You don't speak up much in this forum (nor do I), but when you do, I find your free thinking refreshing and inspiring! I also appreciate that you do not critique without giving suggestions on a better way. Rather people agree or not, there can be no denial that you are speaking from a place of light and a desire for us to evolve and yield not to conformity.You are blessed and we are blessed to know you. Thank you for, once again, inspiring the Come- Unity.Peace Rezz Yisrael <zirlah Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:05:48 PM Raw Travel & "retreating"

greetings Family,Rezz yisrael here. I feel to say that I have observed many offers of trips for retreats on this listserv over recent moments. Why is any one of us going to pay someone 1500 US to 2000 US for a retreat that does not even include airfare? Spiritair has the most affordable flights for the Caribbean overall. And no, I do not work for them. I have searched between them, continental, airtran, jetblue, delta/song and american to name a few for the best inclusive deals. I even found a deal to san juan, PR out of dulles for $191.00 total roundtrip non-stop both ways! The only thing is that one must be able to leave and/or return on a mid-weekday. Otherwise, there is no catch to it. I use to think a person needed at least $1,000 or more to travel to the tropics. This can be no further from truth!Any one of us

can venture to republica dominicana,

belize, puerto rico, costa rica, jamaica, saba, dominica, st. john, st. kitts & nevis, trinidad & tobago and many other succulent and vibrant paradises for under one thousand us dollars. I feel we can put the greater fees that are being received by the ones getting this monetary padding from us to much better use. Capitalism will not be forever as the current paradigm. I do not hear/see any others raising this presently, so I'll hesitate no longer to speak up about this. Support one another? Yes, of coursewe can rationalize doing this, yet to what end? What sense does it make to givea person close to 2,000 us dollars before even booking a flight? Food, shopping?Why not buy some raw food appliances, start a collective~coop~ intentional community or begin a raw food bed-n-breakfast. Or invest that in green-housingand beyond-organic farming applications. Or even further,

why not Free

Energyharnessing in order to liberate oneself from the grid of the capitalism-matrix? We need to be better informed and share much more pertinent information together!We shall remember it is called a Retreat for specific reasons. What is it that we are retreating from? Also, one can think of it in the sense of Re-Treating as wellfor attuning the harmonic resonance within ourselves with the lush tropical greenof these paradises here on earth. Let us be real within ourselves and know that true power-manifest is always in the Power To Create/Co-Create/ Re-Create andmake manifest any possibility fathomable. Capitalism wills-out any perceptive notion of power to the very inkling of consciousness. Let us not be fooled again!In Rawness,~Rezz Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Yes it is possible to travel for about half of that price for a week or under.. I go on a 5-7 day retreat about 7 or more times a year.. I wouldn't recommend spirit at the moment, because their overseas flights get in at about the same time in Ft lauderdale, and for some political reason ( as was shared w/ my by some spirit folks), they have very few agents in customs, so that's typically a three hour ordeal getting thru, missing the connecting flights has become commonplace.. My last trip to the Dominican republic cost $320 airfare from Reagan, 6brm 6bath hse for $1200 (divided by 6), 2 Suvs total $300 (divided by six).. and each persons food.. That was in October.. So it averaged out to about $600 for me plus my food (fruits and veggies are very cheap, $50 would be more than enough), and spending money, and gas, which is not required.. We were on a mountain over looking the ocean.. I flew thru American... For Thanksgiving I took my family to Costa Rico for 4 days in the rain forest of Manuel Antonio natural reserve.. Airfare was $250 (Taca.. great airline), House was $85 per day for a 3bdrm, 3ba, monkeys at out door steps everyday.. I rented an 9 passenger van and two cell phone w/ unlimited local minutes for $400.. My parents didn't make it but w/ their expenses included it averaged out to $350 per person, for airfare, house , van, and phone.. Even w/ eating out sometimes it averaged less than $50 to feed 7 and only 3 of us are vegan, so they had seafood and all that.. I do see where paying the $1500-$2000 may work for some.. They may bee griped in fear about travel, not willing to do the leg work, or looking for a mainstream type of trip, that they call a retreat, or some other reason.. So there is a market for those as well... Most of the houses I rent are ones w/ out Tvs or radio, and they tend to be in more quiet areas, although It is possible on this budget even in a more tourist area..... I will be opening a place in Costa Rica and Dominican Republic in the next few months that I will hold retreats at, and the price will be no more that the $1500 including airfare from the DC area.. For a few years now I have been taking people on these trips an exposing them to another way of retreating, and other possibilities... Most of those have been apprehensive, and agreed w/ trust in me.. That is to say more people who have traveled in this fashion can offer others an opportunity to travel w/ them.. Although w/ out that offer it is still possible, the offer is another step in being the change we seek..

peace and inspiration,

Mark

From: zirlahDate: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:05:48 -0800 Raw Travel & "retreating"

greetings Family,Rezz yisrael here. I feel to say that I have observed many offers of trips for retreats on this listserv over recent moments. Why is any one of us going to pay someone 1500 US to 2000 US for a retreat that does not even include airfare? Spiritair has the most affordable flights for the Caribbean overall. And no, I do not work for them. I have searched between them, continental, airtran, jetblue, delta/song and American to name a few for the best inclusive deals. I even found a deal to San Juan, PR out of Dulles for $191.00 total round trip non-stop both ways! The only thing is that one must be able to leave and/or return on a mid-weekday. Otherwise, there is no catch to it. I use to think a person needed at least $1,000 or more to travel to the tropics. This can be no further from truth!Any one of us can venture to republica dominicana, Belize, puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Saba, Dominica, st. john, st. kitts & Nevis, Trinidad & Tobago and many other succulent and vibrant paradises for under one thousand us dollars. I feel we can put the greater fees that are being received by the ones getting this monetary padding from us to much better use. Capitalism will not be forever as the current paradigm. I do not hear/see any others raising this presently, so I'll hesitate no longer to speak up about this. Support one another? Yes, of coursewe can rationalize doing this, yet to what end? What sense does it make to givea person close to 2,000 us dollars before even booking a flight? Food, shopping?Why not buy some raw food appliances, start a collective~coop~intentional community or begin a raw food bed-n-breakfast. Or invest that in green-housingand beyond-organic farming applications. Or even further, why not Free Energyharnessing in order to liberate oneself from the grid of the capitalism-matrix? We need to be better informed and share much more pertinent information together!We shall remember it is called a Retreat for specific reasons. What is it that we are retreating from? Also, one can think of it in the sense of Re-Treating as wellfor attuning the harmonic resonance within ourselves with the lush tropical greenof these paradises here on earth. Let us be real within ourselves and know that true power-manifest is always in the Power To Create/Co-Create/Re-Create andmake manifest any possibility fathomable. Capitalism wills-out any perceptive notion of power to the very inkling of consciousness. Let us not be fooled again!In Rawness,~Rezz

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!

I have a different perspective that I would like to share. I have

had the most powerful, enlightening, relaxing yet invigorating

experience on the retreats that I have patronized.

When I first became raw, I wanted to surround myself with like-

minded individuals who were also raw. I did not know any other raw

foodists, so I attended a raw retreat in Jamaica. The retreat was

about $1200, not including airfare. Given my experience, I felt

that the retreat was underpriced for what I got out of it.

The food was spectacular! Mornings consisted of an open all-you-can-

eat fruit bar with many of the native delights of Jamaica: sweet

sop, nasberry, jackfruit, wild Jamaican bannanas, wild mangoes, and

at least 3 or 4 more other fruits. Lunch and dinner consisted of

gourmet raw treasures prepared under the guidance of Aris LaTham --

who is a raw master, and if you have not experienced this brother's

delights, you are definitely missing out! Aris has been raw for 30

years and was advocating this lifestyle long before Juliano, David

Wolfe and any of the other raw royalty were even thought of.

For dinner, Aris and the other chefs would juice sugar cane with

guava, coconut water, tamarind, and other fruit and provide 3 to 4

different juice combinations for us. These concoctions were so

delicious, that people would not leave the juice table for their

seats until the juice was all gone (which did not take much time).

For lunch and dinner we would have about 4 different gourmet, raw

entrees and 1 cooked vegan entree.

The days were packed with activities. Mornings began with 6:00 am

walks, followed by a swim in the ocean. Afterwards, there would be

a yoga or qi chong class. Next, we would have a break. After the

break, we would have a seminar or discussion about some holistic

wellness topic. We would then have lunch. After lunch, we would

have a break, which was usually followed by a field trip. Field

trips included trips to sulfur springs, mud baths, and hiking

tours. After the field trips, the men and women would split up, and

the women would go to belly dance class and the men would do iron-

crotch qi chong. Next we would have a break, followed by dinner.

I must say that this retreat met and exceeded my expectations.

While it was packed with activity, it was relaxing and slow-paced,

and it really took my mind off my troubles in the US. I met people

with whom I am still friends; in fact, some of them live in New

York City, and I have visited them and patronized the raw

restaurants there with them. Some of them have also visited me.

Some of them live in the DC area, and I have seen them at the raw

potlucks that Ron and Elaine used to host.

This retreat solidified my resolve to be raw. I can't say it would

have the same effect for everyone, but my point is that there is a

huge difference between taking a trip on your own, and participating

in an organized retreat. Retreats like this require a lot of

planning, organization, and time. If I went to a raw food

restaurant everyday, 3 times a day -- which I do have the pleasure

of doing in Atlanta, the meals alone would be astronomical. We were

allowed second portions at the retreat, which was included in the

price. (I know, part of being raw is learning how not to be a

glutton, but remember that most of us were transitioning.)

Not all retreats are worth the investment, but I encourage anyone

who is blessed with the funds to go on at least one organized raw

retreat. The benefits can be priceless!

--Deirdre

, Rezz Yisrael <zirlah wrote:

>

> greetings Family,

>

>

> Rezz yisrael here. I feel to say that I have observed many offers

of trips for retreats on this listserv over recent moments. Why is

any one of us going to pay someone 1500 US to 2000 US for a retreat

that does not even include airfare? Spiritair has the most

affordable flights for the Caribbean overall. And no, I do not work

for them. I have searched between them, continental, airtran,

jetblue, delta/song and american to name a few for the best

inclusive deals. I even found a deal to san juan, PR out of dulles

for $191.00 total roundtrip non-stop both ways! The only thing is

that one must be able to leave and/or return on a mid-weekday.

Otherwise, there is no catch to it. I use to think a person needed

at least $1,000 or more to travel to the tropics. This can be no

further from truth!

>

>

> Any one of us can venture to republica dominicana, belize, puerto

rico, costa rica, jamaica, saba, dominica, st. john, st. kitts &

nevis, trinidad & tobago and many other succulent and vibrant

paradises for under one thousand us dollars. I feel we can put the

greater fees that are being received by the ones getting this

monetary padding from us to much better use. Capitalism will not be

forever as the current paradigm. I do not hear/see any others

raising this presently, so I'll hesitate no longer to speak up about

this. Support one another? Yes, of course

> we can rationalize doing this, yet to what end? What sense does

it make to give

> a person close to 2,000 us dollars before even booking a flight?

Food, shopping?

>

>

> Why not buy some raw food appliances, start a

collective~coop~intentional community or begin a raw food bed-n-

breakfast. Or invest that in green-housing

> and beyond-organic farming applications. Or even further, why not

Free Energy

> harnessing in order to liberate oneself from the grid of the

capitalism-matrix? We need to be better informed and share much

more pertinent information together!

>

>

> We shall remember it is called a Retreat for specific reasons.

What is it that we are retreating from? Also, one can think of it

in the sense of Re-Treating as well

> for attuning the harmonic resonance within ourselves with the lush

tropical green

> of these paradises here on earth. Let us be real within ourselves

and know that

> true power-manifest is always in the Power To Create/Co-Create/Re-

Create and

> make manifest any possibility fathomable. Capitalism wills-out

any perceptive notion of power to the very inkling of

consciousness. Let us not be fooled again!

>

>

> In Rawness,

>

> ~Rezz

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Bravo Deirdre;

I too have experienced a positive experience from attending well planned retreats.

It seems that some of us are continually speaking from a poverty consciousness . Looking for the less expensive path. Yes, we can plan our own vacations without a doubt. But traveling with folks that are on the same path creates a fun atmosphere, and a learning experience. Traveling alone with family and friends is also fun. Either way the choice is yours.

If you look at the retreats that are Living Foods experience. The price is often over $2,500.00 Therefore I thought $1,500.00 range was a good price. Naturally if you create your own event it could be less or it could be more. Depending on what your looking for in the way of an experience. Mark gave a good break down of doing it yourself. The piece that I don't understand is the constant bashing of events that are posted on this site. Naturally everything is not for everyone . But let's allow people to experience what their interested in. Money is meant to be spent. So why not spend it on the things you can enjoy. God knows we manage to pay bills and live our everyday lives. I remember when my son was in High School he had an opportunity to go to Tortolla with a group of teenagers. This trip was pretty expensive, for me. However I believe that the experience was priceless. Let's Live the Live Life Style . It would be a great idea if we could come together and enjoy a retreat or create a cruise. In the meantime I believe that the retreat that I posted should be a Wonderful experience for those that are interested.

Best Wishes For Healthy Dishes ;

Lynda See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Al retreats at Sawan Kirpal Meditation Center in Bowling Green, Virginia are absolutely free. All food is vegetarian (no meat, fish, fowl or eggs) and there are vegan and raw options. No donations accepted! 804-633-9987

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.