mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, it

seems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. A

little bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'm

out for the count. These are the things that I have come up with that

might be possible causes:

1) Candida

2) Bad Food Combining

3) Not processing the proteins/fats/oils

Has anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?

Thanks ever so much,

Tino

YOU MAY WANT TO READ THE BOOK THE 80/10/10 DIET BY DR.DOUGLAS GRAHAM [A RAW VEGAN CHIROPRACTOR WHO TRAINS PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES ON A RAW VEGAN DIET].

DR.NATURAL

718-783-3465

30 YEARS RAW

From: oberocDate: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:43:03 +0000 Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino Put your friends on the big screen with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!

Hey Brother Natural Thanks for the info!Brother Natural <brothernatural wrote: YOU MAY WANT TO READ THE BOOK THE 80/10/10 DIET BY DR.DOUGLAS GRAHAM [A RAW VEGAN CHIROPRACTOR WHO TRAINS PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES ON A RAW VEGAN DIET].DR.NATURAL718-783-346530 YEARS RAW From: oberoc Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:43:03 +0000

Transitioning to raw Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a

little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino Put your friends on the big screen with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

after two weeks of raw, i had a bout of candida, i took some acidopholus i keep in the fridge and in one day it went away. i figure it was just part of the detoxing process. Jingee with the "the garden diet" talks about candida on their website.

Ive actually heard of raw vegans that got scurvy because they werent eating fruits (we teased the hell out of him, argg), but it resinated with me to always include enough fruit. one of my favorites is eating an orange in front of the TV.

I had my first jicamba the other day, YUMMMY!!!

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8

oberoc <oberoc Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:43:03 AM Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something,

and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/ oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

Hi Tara, My name is Shannon. I recently moved to Maryland, and I wanted to start the New Year off with a raw diet/lifestyle. I wanted to find out from you, any advice and/or suggestions you could give me or any resources to go to (books, websites, etc...) in order to get any information on what the first step I should take. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Sincerely, Shannon HesterTara <peechysweett71 wrote: after two weeks of raw, i had a bout of candida, i took some acidopholus i keep in the fridge and in one day it went away. i figure it was just part of the detoxing process. Jingee with the "the garden diet" talks about candida on their website. Ive actually heard of raw vegans that got scurvy because they werent eating fruits (we teased the hell out of him, argg), but it resinated with me to always include enough fruit. one of my favorites is eating an orange in front of the TV. I had my first jicamba the other day, YUMMMY!!! Hugs from

MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8 oberoc <oberoc > Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:43:03 AM Transitioning to raw Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all

saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor).

Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/ oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

WWW.HERBDOC.COM

WWW.SUNFOOD.COM

WWW.GONERAW.COM

WWW.FOODNSPORT.COM

DR.NATURAL

718-783-3465

30 YEARS RAW VEGAN ACTIVTST

From: hesterholmesDate: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:18:07 -0800Re: Transitioning to raw

Hi Tara,

My name is Shannon. I recently moved to Maryland, and I wanted to start the New Year off with a raw diet/lifestyle. I wanted to find out from you, any advice and/or suggestions you could give me or any resources to go to (books, websites, etc...) in order to get any information on what the first step I should take. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Shannon HesterTara <peechysweett71 > wrote:

after two weeks of raw, i had a bout of candida, i took some acidopholus i keep in the fridge and in one day it went away. i figure it was just part of the detoxing process. Jingee with the "the garden diet" talks about candida on their website.

Ive actually heard of raw vegans that got scurvy because they werent eating fruits (we teased the hell out of him, argg), but it resinated with me to always include enough fruit. one of my favorites is eating an orange in front of the TV.

I had my first jicamba the other day, YUMMMY!!!

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8

oberoc <oberoc > Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:43:03 AM Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/ oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out.

Shannon, Welcome to the raw lifestyle! It is probably the single greatest physical thing that you can do for your self. I would suggest that you take a look at the beginners books in the files section of this . It has some great resources for getting started. I'm currently reading Conscious Eating from Dr Gabriel Cousens. It's very thorough book, and very thick - about 800 pages. There are others that you could read. One of the first books that I read was the Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. That was followed by the 12 Steps to Raw Foods by the same author. All three are very good. One book that is not on there that I have bought (or given to me as a gift)

is Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo. It contains simple and tasty raw recipes. Try those out for starters. Another support that I invite you to try out is The Northern Virginia Raw Food Group on http://meetup.com. They meet every Saturday for a potluck. Check that out. Finally, you may want to price out a blender and a food processor. These two tools along with a sharp chef's and paring knife are essentially to making 70% to 80% of the raw dishes in the various books. Those resources that I mention should assist you in a getting a running start into the raw lifestyle.-TinoLeontyne Holmes <hesterholmesTo:

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 8:18:07 PMRe: Transitioning to raw