IndiaDivine.org

RE: Transitioning to raw digestion issue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tino,

I have had issues with digestion too. That is how I got started studying nutrition.

Immediately I would say you are not getting enough fruit. You want to make sure to "eat the rainbow" so you are getting a wide range of nutrients & antioxidants found in the different food colors. I found avocado to be an easier fat to absorb

and it goes great with salad. We don't need a LOT of fats and proteins, but it depends on your caloric expenditure.

I found when I ate any fats other than avocados and olives I also lost my mental clarity. There are certain digestive enzymes you can take, as well as adjusting your intake to a small amount each day. You also want to make sure you get high density fruits & veggies that tend to have good protein too like bananas, zucchini, sun chokes, jicama, apples, papaya, etc. These help fill you up so you have longer lasting energy and more calories so you don't shrivel away to nothing. I rotate through a variety and add them on my salads. Hope that helps a little.

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of oberocThursday, January 10, 2008 8:43 AM Subject: Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

Ok, I will try that. Presently, I have been eating bananas, apples, and pears. I guess that is not enough :). I will start incorporating other fruits into my diet starting tonight. I have had problems with avocados in the past with mental fuzziness, but I have just read that it might be because I'm not getting enough sleep during the transition phrase (which is very likely because I tend to try to squeeze in too many things into my day). Thanks for the advice and I will tell you how it goes.-Tino

"pnparlette" <pnparlette Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:31:00 PMRE: Transitioning to raw digestion issue

Hi Tino,

I have had issues with digestion too. That is how I got started studying nutrition.

Immediately I would say you are not getting enough fruit. You want to make sure to "eat the rainbow" so you are getting a wide range of nutrients & antioxidants found in the different food colors. I found avocado to be an easier fat to absorb

and it goes great with salad. We don't need a LOT of fats and proteins, but it depends on your caloric expenditure.

I found when I ate any fats other than avocados and olives I also lost my mental clarity. There are certain digestive enzymes you can take, as well as adjusting your intake to a small amount each day. You also want to make sure you get high density fruits & veggies that tend to have good protein too like bananas, zucchini, sun chokes, jicama, apples, papaya, etc. These help fill you up so you have longer lasting energy and more calories so you don't shrivel away to nothing. I rotate through a variety and add them on my salads. Hope that helps a little.

Nancy

www.healthylivingst rategies. net

@ .com [] On Behalf Of oberocThursday, January 10, 2008 8:43 AM@ .com Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something, and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/ oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 2 weeks later...

I went 100% raw Jan 2, i planned it for when i had a break in classes, and could restrict my activities for a couple days. It really helped out, my body had to get used to things digesting faster, and it put me in a starvation mode, i was hungry all the time, i actually ran out of raw things to eat in the fridge, lol. after a couple days I adjusted. Im up to speed now, weeeeeee.

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8

you can also put avacodos in smoothies, its yummy

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8

"pnparlette" <pnparlette Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:31:00 PMRE: Transitioning to raw digestion issue

Hi Tino,

Nancy

www.healthylivingst rategies. net

@ .com [] On Behalf Of oberocThursday, January 10, 2008 8:43 AM@ .com Transitioning to raw

Collected Wisdom!My name is Tino. I live Virginia and work in DC. I went raw a coupleof years ago doing an all green diet. Actually, it was an all saladdiet from Costco. And I felt great within a week of starting the rawdiet. Mental clarity like you wouldn't believe, boundless energy,decrease in the amount of sleep, general sense of euphoria. But, Ilost a lot of weight ..... good for some ..... certainly not good fora skinny person. I looked starved. Also, I was eliminating maybe onceevery 3 to 4 days and I was hard pressed to do that. I went off of itbecause the people around me were worried that I would shrivel intonothing.I recently started again. My diet consists of a green smoothie akaVictoria Boutenko in the morning, followed by a possible snack (I haveraw oatmeal from Ani Phyo this morning), a salad with a little bit ofnut pate, perhaps a afternoon snack - a Larabar or something,

and somedinner of salad and nut pate. I don't sem to be losing the weight thatI did, and my elimination seems to be normal (thanks to some herbsfrom my chinese doctor). Also, I don't have the boundless energy,mental clarity that I had when I was on the all salad diet. Also, itseems that I don't do well when eating fats, proteins, and/or oils. Alittle bit is ok ..... but any more than a couple of spoonfuls and I'mout for the count. These are the things that I have come up with thatmight be possible causes:1) Candida2) Bad Food Combining3) Not processing the proteins/fats/ oilsHas anybody had any similar experiences and/or assistance?Thanks ever so much,Tino

Congrats Tara! It only gets better. Tara <peechysweett71 wrote: I went 100% raw Jan 2, i planned it for when i had a break in classes, and could restrict my activities for a couple days. It really helped out, my body had to get used to things digesting faster, and it put me in a starvation mode, i was hungry all the time, i actually ran out of raw things to eat in the fridge,

lol. after a couple days I adjusted. Im up to speed now, weeeeeee. Hugs from MD Tara proud mom of three great kids Sara 11, Joey 9, and Skylar 8