IndiaDivine.org

Local Raw Juicing Proposal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm interested in participating in this discussion.. I have been considering opening a juice and salad bar for a couple of years, and looking for people willing to make the time commitment, and or monetary investments...From my travels around the US and abroad, I've seen the green star and the Champion in operation at several juice bars and food establishments.. The green star is sufficient, and has the durability, as well as the option of purchasing twice as many, which can be more efficient w/ multiple customers, ordering different juices.. That's not a deal breaker for me, I'm just looking at start up cost, and versatility, while still considering quality and integrity...Although monetary profit may not be a concern, some vision and belief in abundance is advisable, to maintain an efficient low stress operation, that's sustainable for the long run.. In some way our area may collectively see this venture as not possible, or something for someone else to do, which may contribute to the present absence, so some mental/spiritual adjustments may be helpful in this venture..... The Sunday date works for me, w/ some notice..... Selling the bottled juices as opposed to bartering is less complicated, and easier to maintain accountability... Again I stress, creating a belief in abundance is essential, and will minimize what we have to go out and seek, and maximize what will be drawn to us... Let's start w/ a posture of already being sufficient, and having, and leave improvising for those cases we may face a challenge.. Looking at how many people want to have their products carried by MOM's or Wholefoods ETC, what if we created ourselves in a way, that other stores, vendors, and raw food chefs/ suppliers, are desiring to have us carry their products, or to have a chance to distribute ours..

peace and inspiration,

Mark

; vegsoul From: zirlahDate: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:08:40 -0800 Local Raw Juicing Proposal

greetings Raw Family,This is Rezz. I am making a plea to the rest of us now before the springtime begins activating us in all directions. A collective action for our common raw ~ living foods intentions is what I ask of all raw family members. The DC/B-more/Nova has yet to manifest a raw juice bar. How long shall we be complacent and wait for this to be? Just 10 people can work in cooperation and make it happen!!!It has come to my awareness that the newer second location of the Sunflower Vegetarian restaurant in falls church is now serving organic raw juices & green drink blends too! They do not have a full or self-service organic raw fresh whole foods juice bar as of now though. Further, no one is currently bottling any fresh live juices in our vicinity. I do not ask for capitalistic gain or embellishment fromanyone! My intention is to move the energy & consciousness of raw living foodsthroughout all areas of communications and human activities, without exception.This is the deal, the best available volume juicer considering all factors I found is the Oranfresh from Italy. If someone else knows of a make/model even better, dolet me know as soon as possible! As I told brother Khepra, there is a gentleman at juice joint cafe in dc who has one of these which he offers to sell for 1K. It hasa retail price of 3,000 to 3,400 {including shipping}. This can sound like a lot for one person to shell out alone. If we can get our egos and "differences" aside for a moment, amazing things can happen to transform the availability for ourselves!The unit this gentleman has from juice joint is used, I do suggest obtaining a new unit because the actual previous use of the appliance is unknown. Though pricesmay be higher initially, fresh quality will be unsurpassed. Conventional produce was juiced through the unit before as well. So, I ask that we all rest on the samepage with this matter. {see http://www.oranfreshamerica.com for specs & details}Instead of loans and the like, can we be cooperative and move collectively in this matter? I am asking that we meet at a public indoor space, discuss all details, go over an agreement ~ plan of action in writing, put our minds + means together,obtain one or more volume quality juicers{better than green-star & champion} andimmediately put agreements into action over an agreed time period in consensus.I know where to obtain bottles, caps, etc. at wholesale costs. Furthermore, we can produce locally fresh juices of all sorts, bottle them & distribute to ourselves while bartering value for value with prepared raw food chefs and much much more!In Shortwhat: quality juicer{s} that can produce enough volume to support our areawhere: oranfresh & super angel living juicer extractor juicers @ nextag.com place juicers {with permission} at java green or senbeb or ________, have additional fresh organic produce shipped there and juice on site bottle immediately and begin distributing to other coops & barteringhow: public open discussion round-table meeting, {e.g. each person agrees to contribute $100 or $50 toward acquiring the appliances, we order it}who: any and everyone reading this whom have a genuine love of raw foods residing in the greater dc~baltimore metro area that can attend meetingwhen: the best day is usually Sunday afternoons or evenings to get people to meet up, parking is best on this day too for those that are drivingwhy: {self - explanatory} & not one juice bar in this entire region of the USA!Please send all honest & sincere questions, answers, suggestions to this forum?Namaste to All,~Rezz

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Hello All, Before you start down this road, I would like to alert you to a concurrent effort going on in DC. You can find more information about it here: http://washingtondc.collectivex.com/main/summary-Tino----- Original Message ----Mark Blake <blakensons Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:22:07 AMRE: Local Raw

Juicing Proposal

I'm interested in participating in this discussion.. I have been considering opening a juice and salad bar for a couple of years, and looking for people willing to make the time commitment, and or monetary investments. ..From my travels around the US and abroad, I've seen the green star and the Champion in operation at several juice bars and food establishments. . The green star is sufficient, and has the durability, as well as the option of purchasing twice as many, which can be more efficient w/ multiple customers, ordering different juices.. That's not a deal breaker for me, I'm just looking at start up cost, and versatility, while still considering quality and integrity... Although monetary profit may not be a concern, some vision and belief in abundance is advisable, to maintain an efficient low stress operation, that's sustainable for the long run.. In some way our area may collectively see this venture as not

possible, or something for someone else to do, which may contribute to the present absence, so some mental/spiritual adjustments may be helpful in this venture..... The Sunday date works for me, w/ some notice..... Selling the bottled juices as opposed to bartering is less complicated, and easier to maintain accountability. .. Again I stress, creating a belief in abundance is essential, and will minimize what we have to go out and seek, and maximize what will be drawn to us... Let's start w/ a posture of already being sufficient, and having, and leave improvising for those cases we may face a challenge.. Looking at how many people want to have their products carried by MOM's or Wholefoods ETC, what if we created ourselves in a way, that other stores, vendors, and raw food chefs/ suppliers, are desiring to have us carry their products, or to have a chance to distribute ours..

peace and inspiration,

Mark

@ .com; vegsoul@ .comzirlah Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:08:40 -0800 Local Raw Juicing Proposal

greetings Raw Family,This is Rezz. I am making a plea to the rest of us now before the springtime begins activating us in all directions. A collective action for our common raw ~ living foods intentions is what I ask of all raw family members. The DC/B-more/Nova has yet to manifest a raw juice bar. How long shall we be complacent and wait for this to be? Just 10 people can work in cooperation and make it happen!!!It has come to my awareness that the newer second location of the Sunflower Vegetarian restaurant in falls church is now serving organic raw juices & green drink blends too! They do not have a full or self-service organic raw fresh whole foods juice bar as of now though. Further, no one is currently bottling any fresh live juices in our vicinity. I do not ask for capitalistic gain or embellishment fromanyone! My intention is to move the energy &

consciousness of raw living foodsthroughout all areas of communications and human activities, without exception.This is the deal, the best available volume juicer considering all factors I found is the Oranfresh from Italy. If someone else knows of a make/model even better, dolet me know as soon as possible! As I told brother Khepra, there is a gentleman at juice joint cafe in dc who has one of these which he offers to sell for 1K. It hasa retail price of 3,000 to 3,400 {including shipping}. This can sound like a lot for one person to shell out alone. If we can get our egos and "differences" aside for a moment, amazing things can happen to transform the availability for ourselves!The unit this gentleman has from juice joint is used, I do suggest obtaining a new unit because the actual previous use of the appliance is unknown. Though pricesmay be

higher initially, fresh quality will be unsurpassed. Conventional produce was juiced through the unit before as well. So, I ask that we all rest on the samepage with this matter. {see http://www.oranfres hamerica. com for specs & details}Instead of loans and the like, can we be cooperative and move collectively in this matter? I am asking that we meet at a public indoor space, discuss all details, go over an agreement ~ plan of action in writing, put our minds + means together,obtain one or more volume quality juicers{better than green-star & champion} andimmediately put agreements into action over an agreed time period in consensus.I know where to obtain bottles, caps, etc. at wholesale costs. Furthermore, we can produce locally fresh juices of all sorts, bottle them & distribute to ourselves while bartering value for value

with prepared raw food chefs and much much more!In Shortwhat: quality juicer{s} that can produce enough volume to support our areawhere: oranfresh & super angel living juicer extractor juicers @ nextag.com place juicers {with permission} at java green or senbeb or ________, have additional fresh organic produce shipped there and juice on site bottle immediately and begin distributing to other coops & barteringhow: public open discussion round-table meeting, {e.g. each person agrees to contribute $100 or $50 toward acquiring the appliances, we order it}who: any

and everyone reading this whom have a genuine love of raw foods residing in the greater dc~baltimore metro area that can attend meetingwhen: the best day is usually Sunday afternoons or evenings to get people to meet up, parking is best on this day too for those that are drivingwhy: {self - explanatory} & not one juice bar in this entire region of the USA!Please send all honest & sincere questions, answers, suggestions to this forum?Namaste to All,~Rezz

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Mark, Tino & silverparisRezz here. I truly appreciate your input regarding this matter. I had not been aware that Linda and DJ are {probably} working together on opening up another health food venue. This is very interesting as I just spoke to him in person the other day. Some sort of alliance is definitely needed. I hear you mark about thinking abundantly. I do suggest to whoever from among us moving with this project do so with the purest of intentions? I feel that consciousness aught not be subjugated to profiteering alone. Can we finally have a raw juice bar in town?Yes, people will repeatedly come for quality, richness and that which adds value to their personal progressions {transformations}. I humbly suggest the following:1.cleanliness ~ purity of environment [no front & back "of the house" motifs] -this is unquestionably

the real top reason why people refrain from eating anddrinking out regardless of their socio/economic/political/"-isms", etc. currently2.-AGAIN, utilization of quality instruments, appliances, equipment & utensilsusing ecological materials such as bamboo{green + black}, ceramics, hemp, etc.3.Innovation, Creativity, Participatory Patronage {venue supporter involvement}4.uniqueness of ingredients, the "raw niche", exclusivity of overall offerings...So, what am I eventually intending in this matter? A 100% bliss, organic + rawfoods juice bar period. Moving the energy of this living consciousness, just think of all the many possibilities over which so many have dragged their hands and feet. Why are we so hesitant to be original in this? So many others follow a preceptive template for the logistics & aesthetics of a venue. Can we do it to the degree such that people come from not only

states/regions aways, but various countries as well. Really put a venue on the global map of "must-see/must visit."Even in light of this Elements {beta community}, I am still serious about meeting up on a Sunday in the near future {march} and progressing the urgent manifesting of energy for the complete absence of bottled living raw juices. As quiet as it has been kept, it is highly probable that whole foods is even pasteurizing Kombucha by GT's in there Austin, Texas facilities before redistribution. The FDA does not want any 100% raw org. beverages right on the shelves!!! Just as in atlanta with Arden's Garden bottling operation. They juice raw {no organics} and bottle them immediately in east point where they vend them at also. If you do not get drinks directly from them, they are thereafter pasteurized before resold to patronizers.Until Later,~Rezz

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I have made a couple of attempts in the past several years working with others to create exactly what you so eloquently described. However a meeting of the minds and spirits on focus and intention stalled efforts. I like the focus and intention of this venture. The collective energy of like minded people can yield the desired results. I am interested and very excited about participating in the meeting.

Toni

Rezz Yisrael <zirlah

Tue, 19 Feb 2008 2:52 am

Local Raw Juicing Proposal

Mark, Tino & silverparis

Rezz here. I truly appreciate your input regarding this matter. I had not been aware that Linda and DJ are {probably} working together on opening up another health food venue. This is very interesting as I just spoke to him in person the other day. Some sort of alliance is definitely needed. I hear you mark about thinking abundantly. I do suggest to whoever from among us moving with this project do so with the purest of intentions? I feel that consciousness aught not be subjugated to profiteering alone. Can we finally have a raw juice bar in town?

Yes, people will repeatedly come for quality, richness and that which adds value to their personal progressions {transformations}. I humbly suggest the following:

1.cleanliness ~ purity of environment [no front & back "of the house" motifs]

-this is unquestionably the real top reason why people refrain from eating and

drinking out regardless of their socio/economic/political/"-isms", etc. currently

2.-AGAIN, utilization of quality instruments, appliances, equipment & utensils

using ecological materials such as bamboo{green + black}, ceramics, hemp, etc.

3.Innovation, Creativity, Participatory Patronage {venue supporter involvement}

4.uniqueness of ingredients, the "raw niche", exclusivity of overall offerings...

So, what am I eventually intending in this matter? A 100% bliss, organic + raw

foods juice bar period. Moving the energy of this living consciousness, just think of all the many possibilities over which so many have dragged their hands and feet. Why are we so hesitant to be original in this? So many others follow a preceptive template for the logistics & aesthetics of a venue. Can we do it to the degree such that people come from not only states/regions aways, but various countries as well. Really put a venue on the global map of "must-see/must visit."

Even in light of this Elements {beta community}, I am still serious about meeting up on a Sunday in the near future {march} and progressing the urgent manifesting of energy for the complete absence of bottled living raw juices. As quiet as it has been kept, it is highly probable that whole foods is even pasteurizing Kombucha by GT's in there Austin, Texas facilities before redistribution. The FDA does not want any 100% raw org. beverages right on the shelves!!! Just as in atlanta with Arden's Garden bottling operation. They juice raw {no organics} and bottle them immediately in east point where they vend them at also. If you do not get drinks directly from them, they are thereafter pasteurized before resold to patronizers.

Until Later,

~Rezz

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

I have a question--if Linda opens her vegetarian spot on 14th Street

in DC as planned, do you still want to open another more co-op type of

spot in another location? Is the intention here to create a place of

community for vegetarians/raw fooders or just to have a place with

access to the foods you mention? From what I have heard, Linda is

primarily getting feedback from potential customers so that she

creates a for-profit space that meets the needs of this clientele (in

essence, she is being proactive to create the market and demand before

opening).

I wanted to know what every one's vision was because I was thinking of

more of a community location like starting a non-profit or co-op as

opposed to a for profit venture. But I would like clarification so

that I am on the same page.

Also, I don't know how to cover a for-profit venture from the

liability issues of unpasteurized juice. That case years ago where the

little boy died almost bankrupted Odwalla (before they pasteurized and

sold to Coca Cola).

But for now, places I go for fresh juice:

Liquid Earth in Baltimore (this guy is a high % raw so he is

raw-sensitive)

http://baltimore.metromix.com/restaurants/health/liquid-earth-fells-point/116591\

/content

Zia's in Towson

http://www.ziascafe.com/

I have gone to the restaurant above OK Naturals on W Preston and

Charles in Baltimore for juice but don't know if they are still open?

A few people mentioned Juice Joint Cafe in DC but I have never been

http://www.juicejointcafe.com/index.php?option=com_content & task=view & id=32

The only place I have gotten juice close to DC is in College Park and

Arlington or at Jamba Juice. Does any one have any other

recommendations in the area?

, Rezz Yisrael <zirlah wrote:

>

> Mark, Tino & silverparis

>

>

> Rezz here. I truly appreciate your input regarding this matter. I

had not been aware that Linda and DJ are {probably} working together

on opening up another health food venue. This is very interesting as

I just spoke to him in person the other day. Some sort of alliance is

definitely needed. I hear you mark about thinking abundantly. I do

suggest to whoever from among us moving with this project do so with

the purest of intentions? I feel that consciousness aught not be

subjugated to profiteering alone. Can we finally have a raw juice bar

in town?

>

>

> Yes, people will repeatedly come for quality, richness and that

which adds value to their personal progressions {transformations}. I

humbly suggest the following:

>

>

> 1.cleanliness ~ purity of environment [no front & back " of the

house " motifs]

> -this is unquestionably the real top reason why people refrain from

eating and

> drinking out regardless of their socio/economic/political/ " -isms " ,

etc. currently

>

> 2.-AGAIN, utilization of quality instruments, appliances, equipment

& utensils

> using ecological materials such as bamboo{green + black}, ceramics,

hemp, etc.

>

> 3.Innovation, Creativity, Participatory Patronage {venue supporter

involvement}

>

> 4.uniqueness of ingredients, the " raw niche " , exclusivity of overall

offerings...

>

>

> So, what am I eventually intending in this matter? A 100% bliss,

organic + raw

> foods juice bar period. Moving the energy of this living

consciousness, just think of all the many possibilities over which so

many have dragged their hands and feet. Why are we so hesitant to be

original in this? So many others follow a preceptive template for the

logistics & aesthetics of a venue. Can we do it to the degree such

that people come from not only states/regions aways, but various

countries as well. Really put a venue on the global map of

" must-see/must visit. "

>

>

> Even in light of this Elements {beta community}, I am still serious

about meeting up on a Sunday in the near future {march} and

progressing the urgent manifesting of energy for the complete absence

of bottled living raw juices. As quiet as it has been kept, it is

highly probable that whole foods is even pasteurizing Kombucha by GT's

in there Austin, Texas facilities before redistribution. The FDA does

not want any 100% raw org. beverages right on the shelves!!! Just as

in atlanta with Arden's Garden bottling operation. They juice raw {no

organics} and bottle them immediately in east point where they vend

them at also. If you do not get drinks directly from them, they are

thereafter pasteurized before resold to patronizers.

>

> Until Later,

>

> ~Rezz

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Peace

I think it is fantastic that Rezz is interested in establishing a

juicing co-op for the community. I just wanted to share I few of my

thoughts and also my experience from running a co-op here in

Baltimore.

I believe that a co-op is the ultimate in community togetherness,

unfortunately once fully established a co-op's members may become

distracted with other things going on in their lives. Most of which

comes from their ability to sustain their families through work not

volunteer means. Many times you may have folks who have a few days

here and there to dedicate to helping with the project, and then

something happens and they have to reduce their days or switch with

someone else. So, basically what happens is that the same few

dedicated individuals are left standing there picking up the slack.

My suggestion on the project is to make it more a For Profit venture.

So that those individuals who are " owners " are compensated for their

time there. It can be more of a collective business venture than a

co-op. Worker Owners. Create a Community Corporation. I believe

this is one of the best ways to keep people accountable to the

project and keep things on a upward movement.

Should anyone have any questions or concerns about opening a Food

Establishment I am open to the conversation. Email me.

Signing off with Peace and Love.

Skai Davis

Owner, The Yabba Pot

Baltimore's Premiere Vegan Hot Spot (opened 5 years)

theyabbapot

I agree w/ you wholeheartedly Skai..

Mark

From: BushteaDate: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:50:32 +0000 Re: Local Raw Juicing Proposal

PeaceI think it is fantastic that Rezz is interested in establishing a juicing co-op for the community. I just wanted to share I few of my thoughts and also my experience from running a co-op here in Baltimore.I believe that a co-op is the ultimate in community togetherness, unfortunately once fully established a co-op's members may become distracted with other things going on in their lives. Most of which comes from their ability to sustain their families through work not volunteer means. Many times you may have folks who have a few days here and there to dedicate to helping with the project, and then something happens and they have to reduce their days or switch with someone else. So, basically what happens is that the same few dedicated individuals are left standing there picking up the slack.My suggestion on the project is to make it more a For Profit venture. So that those individuals who are "owners" are compensated for their time there. It can be more of a collective business venture than a co-op. Worker Owners. Create a Community Corporation. I believe this is one of the best ways to keep people accountable to the project and keep things on a upward movement.Should anyone have any questions or concerns about opening a Food Establishment I am open to the conversation. Email me.Signing off with Peace and Love.Skai DavisOwner, The Yabba PotBaltimore's Premiere Vegan Hot Spot (opened 5 years)theyabbapot (AT) earthlink (DOT) net Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out.

The worker owner concept that Skai mentions sounds great. I love the food at the Yabba Pot and find that I will never go 100% raw so I can continue to eat my favorite dish, Citrus Spareribs!!! If you haven't been, you should check it out. She does have raw items available as well and the new buffet means food is really good and quick. K

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.