IndiaDivine.org

Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peace All,I had an opportunity to try some Kombucha tea over the weekend. It was different and kind of weird, but I sort of liked it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has tried Kombucha tea and what your thoughts are on it. In particular, I was wondering about such issues as 1. the fermentation-as I have read that it is not good for Women to drink carbonated beverages. 2. The white sugar that I see as a key ingredient used to make it. As a rule I do not consume white sugar and was wondering if it is harmful or beneficial in the tea. 3. I understand that it is often made with green or black teas as a base. Since these are caffeinated and I wish to avoid caffeine...i am basically wondering if I should avoid this product altogether. Given the price of a 16 oz bottle (over 3$) I have also

been thinking about trying to make my own (with roobios or some other caffeine free herbal tea). Ok--so does anyone have any thought son this issue? thanks in advance for any feedback.Peace,Asia "Rawafrkn"

• 2 weeks later...

I grow and drink Kombucha tea. I follow the age old recipe.

This tea is made with sugar( you can use raw sugar). The mushroom itself is a fungus

The fermentation process creates more mushrooms.

The tea is good for the colon and chases free radicals out of the body

It is suppose to be excellent for killing cancer . Personally I really do enjoy the taste

So this product like so many others is a decision only you can make for yourself

Create A Day Full Of Blessings;Lynda Carter New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Hello everyone, my name is Judy and I am new in the group. I would really like to grow the kambucha mushroom, I was wondering if anyone would like to share or sell. I could be reached at karibu89. Thanks--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Namaska7 <Namaska7 wrote:Namaska7 <Namaska7Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink? Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 1:34 AM

This tea is made with sugar( you can use raw sugar). The mushroom itself is a fungus

It is suppose to be excellent for killing cancer . Personally I really do enjoy the taste

So this product like so many others is a decision only you can make for yourself

Create A Day Full Of Blessings;Lynda Carter New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Peace,I have still been on my Kombucha kick and am glad to see that others are interested in discussing it. I just had some this morning. I brought it from the health food store. A small bottle was like $4. I am starting to acquire a taste for it but it is just too expensive to buy regularly so I am "considering" making it at home. There are apparently some serious risks though---so we'll see. I found the following site which sells Kombucha cultures and offers info. on making and buying Kombucha: http://getkombucha.com/. Maybe it will help others.Regards,Asia--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Muthoni <karibu89 wrote:Muthoni

<karibu89Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink? Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 11:20 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Judy and I am new in the group. I would really like to grow the kambucha mushroom, I was wondering if anyone would like to share or sell. I could be reached at karibu89 . Thanks--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?@ .comSunday, October 19, 2008, 1:34 AM

It is suppose to be excellent for killing cancer .. Personally I really do enjoy the taste

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

I make my own and have plenty of mushrooms - I also have made vinegar which is wonderful as a hair rinse and we found that it was good for arthritis - rubbing it on as a topical - I cook with it too.

Jacki

"My Inspiration Knows No Boundaries"

on behalf of Asia BleuMon 10/20/2008 9:17 AM Subject: Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?

Peace,I have still been on my Kombucha kick and am glad to see that others are interested in discussing it. I just had some this morning. I brought it from the health food store. A small bottle was like $4. I am starting to acquire a taste for it but it is just too expensive to buy regularly so I am "considering" making it at home. There are apparently some serious risks though---so we'll see. I found the following site which sells Kombucha cultures and offers info. on making and buying Kombucha: http://getkombucha.com/. Maybe it will help others.Regards,Asia--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Muthoni <karibu89 > wrote:

Muthoni <karibu89 >Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink? Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 11:20 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Judy and I am new in the group. I would really like to grow the kambucha mushroom, I was wondering if anyone would like to share or sell. I could be reached at karibu89 . Thanks--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?@ .comSunday, October 19, 2008, 1:34 AM

It is suppose to be excellent for killing cancer .. Personally I really do enjoy the taste

Create A Day Full Of Blessings;Lynda Carter

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

Thanks for sharing the information. I found an organic culture on the Amazon. I am going to try it out.I also have to find out if there is any alternative for the sugar (brown/white). Like agave etc.--- On Mon, 10/20/08, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 wrote:Asia Bleu <asiableu9Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink? Date: Monday, October 20, 2008, 8:17 AM

Peace,I have still been on my Kombucha kick and am glad to see that others are interested in discussing it. I just had some this morning. I brought it from the health food store. A small bottle was like $4. I am starting to acquire a taste for it but it is just too expensive to buy regularly so I am "considering" making it at home. There are apparently some serious risks though---so we'll see. I found the following site which sells Kombucha cultures and offers info. on making and buying Kombucha: http://getkombucha. com/. Maybe it will help others.Regards,Asia--- On Sun,

10/19/08, Muthoni <karibu89 > wrote:Muthoni

<karibu89 >Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?@ .comSunday, October 19, 2008, 11:20 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Judy and I am new in the group. I would really like to grow the kambucha mushroom, I was wondering if anyone would like to share or sell. I could be reached at karibu89 . Thanks--- On Sun, 10/19/08, Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Namaska7 (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Kombucha Tea-Ok to drink?@ .comSunday, October 19, 2008, 1:34 AM

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.