IndiaDivine.org

A Holiday Treat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This recipe was one of my favorites from LaVerne McDonald's (The Blessed Raw Deal) classes. I really miss her.

Try it and enjoy!

CRANBERRY SAUCE - A New Twist

12-16 ounces fresh cranberries, well washed

2 oranges (peeled and seeded) or more for taste (Valencia oranges are great!)

2-8 dates for sweetness (use the medjool dates) they are soft and sweet. Split and remove seeds.

Blend all ingredients well in a blender, taste and add more dates or oranges at will. The sauce is even tastier with chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice sprinkled on top, as well.

This recipe has multiple uses. It serves as a healthy snack, dessert or a side dish any time during the "fresh cranberry season."

You can use yellow raisins or dried apricots instead of dates but they will require soaking in purified water for about 2-4 hours.

Cranberry Sauce really doesn't come from a can. ;-)

Thanks Elaine,

Wouldn't it be rawsome if Laverne's recipes were put together in a book. I would be the first to purchase it.

OMG her blueberry cheezecake, carrot cake, and there was so much more that I only dreamed about trying!

Her presence in our lives was such a blessing.

One Love

Pam

This recipe was one of my favorites from LaVerne McDonald's (The Blessed Raw Deal) classes. I really miss her.

Try it and enjoy!

2-8 dates for sweetness (use the medjool dates) they are soft and sweet. Split and remove seeds.

Blend all ingredients well in a blender, taste and add more dates or oranges at will. The sauce is even tastier with chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice sprinkled on top, as well.

This recipe has multiple uses. It serves as a healthy snack, dessert or a side dish any time during the "fresh cranberry season."

You can use yellow raisins or dried apricots instead of dates but they will require soaking in purified water for about 2-4 hours.

Elaine <shortydemp

Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:28 pm

A Holiday Treat

Try it and enjoy!

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

You're right Pam, a compilation would be great. Unfortunantely, I wasn't able to attend all of her classes but for the ones I did, I received very good recipes, most of which I've used repeatedly sometimes altering them a little. There were two recipes for veggie burgers that we use a lot and of course the avocado (potatoe) salad, and apple cinnamon cole slaw just to name a few.

Maybe short of a book, all of us here in the group who attended various classes and kept the recipes could exchange and/or post them. Did you attend any of her classes?

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

"atzzill" <atzzill Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:36:30 AMRe: A Holiday Treat

Thanks Elaine,Wouldn't it be rawsome if Laverne's recipes were put together in a book. I would be the first to purchase it.OMG her blueberry cheezecake, carrot cake, and there was so much more that I only dreamed about trying!Her presence in our lives was such a blessing.One LovePam

thank you, appreciate this!--- On Sun, 11/30/08, Elaine <shortydemp wrote:

Elaine <shortydemp A Holiday Treat Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:28 PM

Try it and enjoy!

Hi Elaine

Unfortunately I only met with Laverne twice, once at a potluck in Poolsville, I think, where Thelma and I fell in love with her blueberry cheezecake, and the second time was when I attended one of Lynda's classes at Everlasting Life. I purchased Lynda's Live SoulFood recipe book that day. The vegie burgers and coleslaw sound scrumptious.

Blessings

Pam

E. Rice-Fells <shortydemp

Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:03 am

Re: A Holiday Treat

You're right Pam, a compilation would be great. Unfortunantely, I wasn't able to attend all of her classes but for the ones I did, I received very good recipes, most of which I've used repeatedly sometimes altering them a little. There were two recipes for veggie burgers that we use a lot and of course the avocado (potatoe) salad, and apple cinnamon cole slaw just to name a few.

Maybe short of a book, all of us here in the group who attended various classes and kept the recipes could exchange and/or post them. Did you attend any of her classes?

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

"atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com" <atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com>

Monday, December 1, 2008 4:36:30 AM

Re: A Holiday Treat

Thanks Elaine,

Wouldn't it be rawsome if Laverne's recipes were put together in a book. I would be the first to purchase it.

OMG her blueberry cheezecake, carrot cake, and there was so much more that I only dreamed about trying!

Her presence in our lives was such a blessing.

One Love

Pam

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.