IndiaDivine.org

Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In addition to a bad effect on the colon this is why I never use this lettuce.

Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce got it's name from the fact that California growers started shipped it covered with huge heaps of crushed ice in the 1920s. It had previously been called Crisphead lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is 90% water and has very little flavor, and almost "no nutrients."

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain? From: shortydempDate: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800 Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce got it's name from the fact that California growers started shipped it covered with huge heaps of crushed ice in the 1920s. It had previously been called Crisphead lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is 90% water and has very little flavor, and almost "no nutrients."

Elaine

You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

The BEST lettuce is kale. Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.RAMATU KUYATEH Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:34:27 -0500RE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain? From: shortydemp Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800 Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY In addition to a bad effect on the colon this is why I never use this lettuce. Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce got it's name from the fact that California growers started shipped it covered with huge heaps of crushed ice in the 1920s. It had previously been called Crisphead lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is 90% water and has very little flavor, and almost "no nutrients." Remain Focused and Good Health to You Elaine You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

Red leaf, Romaine, Green leaf, spinach, collards, kale, mixed greens... walk through the organic produce section and give them all a try :-)

Nancy

www.hlsnp.com

On Behalf Of RAMATU KUYATEHWednesday, December 03, 2008 8:34 PM Subject: RE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain?

From: shortydemp Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800 Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Elaine

You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

Go here and have a field day with everything on the produce list.

Just click, look, read, make your shopping list and have fun.

http://www.theproduceguide.com/

, RAMATU KUYATEH <Ramatulai77

wrote:

>

>

> Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what

other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain?

>

>

> shortydemp

> Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800

> Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

In addition to a bad effect on the colon this is why I never use

this lettuce.

>

> Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce got it's name from the fact that

California growers started shipped it covered with huge heaps of

crushed ice in the 1920s. It had previously been called Crisphead

lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is 90% water and has very little flavor, and

almost " no nutrients. "

>

> Remain Focused and Good Health to You

> Elaine

>

>

>

>

> _______________

> You live life online. So we put Windows on the web.

> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/

>

Thanks Elaine....I appreciate the help

From: shortydempDate: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 03:14:43 +0000 Re: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Go here and have a field day with everything on the produce list. Just click, look, read, make your shopping list and have fun.http://www.theproduceguide.com/--- In , RAMATU KUYATEH <Ramatulai77 wrote:>> > Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain? > > > shortydemp Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800> Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY> > > > > > > In addition to a bad effect on the colon this is why I never use this lettuce. > > Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce got it's name from the fact that California growers started shipped it covered with huge heaps of crushed ice in the 1920s. It had previously been called Crisphead lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is 90% water and has very little flavor, and almost "no nutrients." > > Remain Focused and Good Health to You > Elaine> > > > > ________> You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/> Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.

Kale, wow, I'm going to have to give that a try this weekend. I would see friends use it to feed animals. But I did not know people ate it much. (my ignorance I suppose) lol Thanks so much!

From: BushteaDate: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 02:14:41 +0000Re: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

The BEST lettuce is kale.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

RAMATU KUYATEH Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:34:27 -0500RE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Wow, and I have been using Iceberg. Talk about eye opener. So what other lettuce are rich in nutrients besides iceberg? Maybe romain?

From: shortydemp Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800 Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Elaine

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.

I love kale. I make a salad with it...adding onions, cucumbers, carrots, etc. Sometimes I make a dressing with lemon juice, garlic and olive oil........other times I just use fresh salsa as a salad dressing. Enjoy.

Peace,

Yvette

*********************************************Goddess Yvette Divine Lotus, LLC

and

Moonflower Creations P.O. Box 342 * Princess Anne, MD 21853

* Ritual Items * Herbs * Shea Butter * Handmade Herbal Soaps *

http://www.myspace.com/moonflowercreations

Iceberg is less in nutrients, but not lacking. Kale is great, but rough on the digestive system. Dont give iceberg a bad wrap (get it, wrap, lol). I use both. but sometimes, i just like a nice iceberg wedge, chomp.

Tara--- On Fri, 12/5/08, RAMATU KUYATEH <Ramatulai77 wrote:

RAMATU KUYATEH <Ramatulai77RE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 7:42 AM

Kale, wow, I'm going to have to give that a try this weekend. I would see friends use it to feed animals. But I did not know people ate it much. (my ignorance I suppose) lol Thanks so much!

@ .comBushtea (AT) earthlink (DOT) netThu, 4 Dec 2008 02:14:41 +0000Re: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

The BEST lettuce is kale.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

RAMATU KUYATEH Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:34:27 -0500<@ .com>RE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

@ .comshortydemp Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:43:25 -0800 Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY

Elaine

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.

I love Kale in the food processor with some lemon juice, garlic, raw sesame seeds, a little oil, make it sort of like tabule. i spread raw hummus on a nori sheet and then put on the kale salad, yummy.

tara--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Goddess Yvette <motownwitch wrote:

Goddess Yvette <motownwitchRE: Iceberg Lettuce? NO WAY Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 7:57 AM

I love kale. I make a salad with it...adding onions, cucumbers, carrots, etc. Sometimes I make a dressing with lemon juice, garlic and olive oil........other times I just use fresh salsa as a salad dressing. Enjoy.

Peace,

Yvette

************ ********* ********* ********* ******Goddess Yvette Divine Lotus, LLC

and

Moonflower Creations P.O. Box 342 * Princess Anne, MD 21853

* Ritual Items * Herbs * Shea Butter * Handmade Herbal Soaps *

http://www.myspace. com/moonflowercr eations