IndiaDivine.org

Coconut water

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't do it. Reminds me of milk. I can use it in a recipe but I can't drink

a glass of rice milk, soy milk, a Pina Colada, coconut milk either.......Yikes!

I run from the sweetened condensed stuff in a can. Donna

PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:yum, anybody ever tried this coconut

water by Goya?

I am sitting here drinking it now. It is delicious. It is sweet, but not too

sweet, and sweetened with sugar not high fructose corn syrup, and it has little

bits of coconut in it.

It's really yummy.

hugs,

Chanda

no no, this is not coconut milk, it's coconut water. It's clear and has the

consistency of water. :o)

not milky in the least, it's watery :o)

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:41 PM

Re: coconut water

I can't do it. Reminds me of milk. I can use it in a recipe but I can't

drink a glass of rice milk, soy milk, a Pina Colada, coconut milk

either.......Yikes! I run from the sweetened condensed stuff in a can. Donna

PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:yum, anybody ever tried this coconut

water by Goya?

I am sitting here drinking it now. It is delicious. It is sweet, but not too

sweet, and sweetened with sugar not high fructose corn syrup, and it has little

bits of coconut in it.

It's really yummy.

hugs,

Chanda

• 3 years later...

Hi,

My sister-in-law is wanting to try coconut water and wondered

where she could get it and what is the best kind. I told her about

just buying the actual coconut, but I know folks like Khepra mention

getting it bottled.

Thanks.

Nancy

....yes, also good internet prices on organic virgin coconut oil. Thanks.--- On Sat, 12/6/08, pnparlette <pnparlette wrote:

pnparlette <pnparlette Coconut water Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 11:49 AM

Hi,

getting it bottled.

Thanks.

Nancy

In a message dated 12/6/2008 11:54:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pnparlette writes:

Hi,

getting it bottled.

Thanks.

Nancy

Khepra now has me hooked on de aqua coco. I purchase them by the case, check with your local health or Senbeb in Tacoma Park . I also like the bottled one, but fresh is fresh. Some time I buy them off the shelve in the containers........these are great when you are on the run.

When at home I just use the fresh one. I can feel the heal waters as it transverses my digestive system.

Khepra taught us to blend the water with the meat for a morning smoothie. This is just good stuff. Add some pineapple,ginger and an apple now you're jamming and your entire digestive system is humming OM of

HUING................................. Well you know what I mean.

Shanti Shanti all,

Zatiti Ema, ND,CMT

ahealingtree.com

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

In a message dated 12/8/2008 11:53:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill writes:

Greetings familyA question: It was mentioned a while back that the white cone shaped coconuts were not healthy given the processing they receive in transit from Asia to US, but given the hazards of freezing coconut water in plastic bottles and shipping them from Jamaica to US,aren't each equally viable options for coconut water consumption?I prefer the young cone shaped coconuts. In VA they were selling for about 1 dollar a coconut at shoppers, but in PA i pay more at whole foods. I'd prefer the big heavy green coconuts Khepere speaks of but the cost is too high for my wallet.BlessingsPam

Processing? Would you mind explaining again. I purchase mine by the case to get the discount. Are you able to cut the green ones without drama?Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Greetings family

A question: It was mentioned a while back that the white cone shaped coconuts were not healthy given the processing they receive in transit from Asia to US, but given the hazards of freezing coconut water in plastic bottles and shipping them from Jamaica to US,aren't each equally viable options for coconut water consumption?

I prefer the young cone shaped coconuts. In VA they were selling for about 1 dollar a coconut at shoppers, but in PA i pay more at whole foods. I'd prefer the big heavy green coconuts Khepere speaks of but the cost is too high for my wallet.

Blessings

Pam

zatitie

Sun, 7 Dec 2008 8:08 am

Re: Coconut water

In a message dated 12/6/2008 11:54:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pnparlette (AT) comcast (DOT) net writes:

Hi,

getting it bottled.

Thanks.

Nancy

Khepra now has me hooked on de aqua coco. I purchase them by the case, check with your local health or Senbeb in Tacoma Park . I also like the bottled one, but fresh is fresh. Some time I buy them off the shelve in the containers........these are great when you are on the run.

When at home I just use the fresh one. I can feel the heal waters as it transverses my digestive system.

Khepra taught us to blend the water with the meat for a morning smoothie. This is just good stuff. Add some pineapple,ginger and an apple now you're jamming and your entire digestive system is humming OM of

HUING................................. Well you know what I mean.

Shanti Shanti all,

Zatiti Ema, ND,CMT

ahealingtree.com

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

This info is very sad, as I have been ording them by the case and drinking them daily

In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:12:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill writes:

Hi Zatitie,I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.BlessingsPam

oops,

I will do some research on the company which I am getting them from, and share it with you. Zatiti

Bummer..............

In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:12:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill writes:

Hi Zatitie,I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.BlessingsPam

oops,

Hi Zatitie,

I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.

Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.

Blessings

Pam

zatitie

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:13 pm

In a message dated 12/8/2008 11:53:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com writes:

Greetings family

A question: It was mentioned a while back that the white cone shaped coconuts were not healthy given the processing they receive in transit from Asia to US, but given the hazards of freezing coconut water in plastic bottles and shipping them from Jamaica to US,aren't each equally viable options for coconut water consumption?

I prefer the young cone shaped coconuts. In VA they were selling for about 1 dollar a coconut at shoppers, but in PA i pay more at whole foods. I'd prefer the big heavy green coconuts Khepere speaks of but the cost is too high for my wallet.

Blessings

Pam

Processing? Would you mind explaining again. I purchase mine by the case to get the discount. Are you able to cut the green ones without drama?

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

It's best to get the coconuts with the green/gold skin intact. The shaved young coconuts are dipped/sprayed with chemical.Zatiti, thanks for looking up your source.Danalyn--- On Mon, 12/8/08, zatitie <zatitie wrote:zatitie <zatitieRe: Coconut water Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 PM

oops,

I will do some research on the company which I am getting them from, and share it with you. Zatiti

Bummer...... ........

In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:12:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com writes:

oops,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr wrote:Danalyn Robinson <danalynkrRe: Coconut water Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 8:19 PM

It's best to get the coconuts with the green/gold skin intact. The shaved young coconuts are dipped/sprayed with chemical.Zatiti, thanks for looking up your source.Danalyn--- On Mon, 12/8/08, zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Coconut water@ .comMonday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 PM

oops,

Bummer...... ........

In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:12:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com writes:

oops,

A very large heavy chefs knife will open them. Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.Collage Blazin Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:57:37 -0800 (PST)Re: Coconut water Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr > wrote:Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr >Re: Coconut water Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 8:19 PM It's best to get the coconuts with the green/gold skin intact. The shaved young coconuts are dipped/sprayed with chemical.Zatiti, thanks for looking up your source.Danalyn--- On Mon, 12/8/08, zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Coconut water@ .comMonday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 PM oops, I will do some research on the company which I am getting them from, and share it with you. Zatiti Bummer...... ........ In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:12:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com writes: Hi Zatitie,I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.BlessingsPamoops,Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

In a message dated 12/8/2008 10:06:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, collage360 writes:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?

I brought a meat cleaver (I know disgusting), the machete was to much for me. I got mine at Wal-Mart. Once I crack the hard shell, i leave the cleaver inside and make a circle opening, by triling the nut, then I use the cleaver like a leaver and pry it open, this is all a question of strength. some folks just hit it a couple of times and it's open. That did not work for me.Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

or a cleaver!--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Skai <Bushtea wrote:

Skai <BushteaRe: Coconut water Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:33 PM

A very large heavy chefs knife will open them.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

Collage Blazin Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:57:37 -0800 (PST)<@ .com>Re: Coconut water

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr > wrote:

Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr >Re: Coconut water@ .comMonday, December 8, 2008, 8:19 PM

It's best to get the coconuts with the green/gold skin intact. The shaved young coconuts are dipped/sprayed with chemical.Zatiti, thanks for looking up your source.Danalyn--- On Mon, 12/8/08, zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Coconut water@ .comMonday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 PM

oops, I will do some research on the company which I am getting them from, and share it with you. Zatiti Bummer...... ........

oops,

The cleaver knife works well for me.. I just make 4 good hits on a slight angle to make about a 3" square on the top and pull off the top..It's more than enough room to scoop the jelly out.. A heavier cleaver may be better to help compensate for strength.. Cheryl uses it, and it takes her about 5-10 seconds to crack one open... I use the machete when I'm traveling out of the country.. It works better for the coconuts that still have the gree skin on it... You can get a small triagle file (fine) from home depot to keep it sharp, or just hold it at angle and sharpen it on the ground (concrete).

From: zatitieDate: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:20:02 -0500Re: Coconut water

In a message dated 12/8/2008 10:06:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, collage360 writes:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?

I brought a meat cleaver (I know disgusting), the machete was to much for me. I got mine at Wal-Mart. Once I crack the hard shell, i leave the cleaver inside and make a circle opening, by triling the nut, then I use the cleaver like a leaver and pry it open, this is all a question of strength. some folks just hit it a couple of times and it's open. That did not work for me.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

I think this video shows it the best: http://www.rawguru.com/openyoungcoconut.htmlpix take a little while to load, so be patient. The key is to hit with a 45 degree angle. It takes me 2-3 hits in the same place to get an opening, but it's very easy. And, hey, it can be a stressbuster on some days...LOL

~~Sharon Greenspan, M. Ed, CLFL, HTP(Master of Education, Certified Living Foods Lifestyle coach, Healing Touch Practitioner)Natural Health Coach301-816-0752** get your holiday shopping done in a click = http://www.wildsuccess.us/holidayandgiftcert.html **

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Skai <Bushtea wrote:

A very large heavy chefs knife will open them. Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.Collage Blazin Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:57:37 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know where I can purchase a good machete so that I can open the green coconuts? Or is there a certain way to open them that I just don't know of that doesn't involve machetes?--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Danalyn Robinson <danalynkr wrote:

Danalyn Robinson <danalynkrRe: Coconut water

Monday, December 8, 2008, 8:19 PM

It's best to get the coconuts with the green/gold skin intact. The shaved young coconuts are dipped/sprayed with chemical.Zatiti, thanks for looking up your source.Danalyn--- On Mon, 12/8/08, zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com <zatitie (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Coconut water@ .comMonday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 PM

oops, I will do some research on the company which I am getting them from, and share it with you. Zatiti Bummer...... ........

Hi Zatitie,I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.

Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.BlessingsPamoops,

I know that there is a pull saw that is especially made for this.http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Corp-10-2312-12-Inch-Carpentry/dp/B00004TBPZ?ie=UTF8 & s=home-garden & qid=1178563189 & sr=1-3-Tino "zatitie" <zatitie Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:20:02 AMRe: Coconut water

I brought a meat cleaver (I know disgusting), the machete was to much for me. I got mine at Wal-Mart. Once I crack the hard shell, i leave the cleaver inside and make a circle opening, by triling the nut, then I use the cleaver like a leaver and pry it open, this is all a question of strength. some folks just hit it a couple of times and it's open. That did not work for me.Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Thanks Zatitie

zatitie

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 5:40 pm

oops,

Bummer..............

Hi Zatitie,

I haven't had the pleasure of tasting a green coconut just yet. In the past, Khepere offered a more detailed explanation, but if my memory serves me, there is a fumigation process the young coconuts undergo which renders the water ( in the eyes of some of us who are perhaps more elevated on the path than I am) unbeneficial to say the least. I still use these coconuts and prefer their taste to the bottled coconut water, especially given the detrimental outcomes from freezing plastic containers.

Sorry I couldn't provide a more in depth response. Perhaps others on here might offer their insights.

Blessings

Pam

oops,

Thanks everybody for your help with coconuts. I have tried opening

them, but it always seemed so onerous that I just left it alone.

Now, I'm looking forward to trying again. Especially thanks Sharon

for that post and the link with the picture and video demos. Peace