IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

----- Forwarded Message ----Raw Family victoriaSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:23:41 PMAvocado Pit in Green Smoothies

You are receiving this email from The Raw Family because you signed up to receive The Raw Family Newsletter either by email or via www.rawfamily.com. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from Victoria, please add victoria to your address book today. To or change profile: click here

In this issue...Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies Joy for Life Retreat Victoria and Valya Tour Canada Claymation Funny Video Clip about Sergei

Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies

Last summer at the Raw & Living Spirit Retreat, my friend Gabrielle Chavez introduced me to a green smoothie made with an avocado pit blended as a part of its recipe, Since then I have been experimenting with adding avocado seeds to my smoothies, and now I use them frequently. Here is some information that I gathered about the nutritional properties of avocado seed.

The total antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of edible portions and seeds of avocado, jackfruit, longan, mango and tamarind were studied. … The seeds showed a much higher antioxidant activity … than the edible portions. The contribution of all the fruit seed fractions to the total antioxidant activity … was always more than 70%. Source

“Avocado seed contains relatively low amounts of calcium and magnesium, somewhat higher amounts of phosphorus, and high amounts of potassium.†Source

The seed of the avocado contains tannins, and these make it bitter or "puckery" to the taste. And some of the tannins can be mildly toxic, though an individual would have to eat a lot to see any effects, unless that individual had a food allergy. Source

Dr. Tom Wu: When I eat the avocado I always eat the seed. It is packed with very good nutrients. It has the life force. It is a very high Qi food! It’s also the highest in soluble fiber. This soluble fiber binds to the fat and excess cholesterol. Then we can lower cholesterol and improve heart function naturally. We can improve the blood circulation by pulling out all the fatty deposits in our circulatory system with the soluble fiber of the avocado seed. Soluble fiber is very difficult to get in our diet. Oatmeal has some, but it cannot compare with the avocado seed. Any heart disease patient must eat the avocado including the seed. Source

Based on these and other facts, I concluded that adding avocado seed in small proportion can be beneficial for nutritional needs. Also I have noticed that it helps to make a consistency of some smoothies less frothy, as in case with green smoothie that contains apples, cucumbers, or pineapples. I like to add ½ half avocado seed per 32 oz of most of my green smoothies; then it doesn’t affect the taste of smoothie but makes it a little thicker and provides additional nutritional benefits. Here is a sample recipe. Sweet and Sour Delight4 Fuji apples, sliced2 medium lemons without peel1 banana,

peeled1 bunch parsley1 cup spinach 1 stalk celerySmall piece ginger½ avocado seedYields: 32 oz

Joy for Life Retreat Dear friends,Yesterday my family returned from the “Joy for Life†retreat. This event went amazingly well and we all had a hard time leaving the Stewart Mineral Springs. Many participants commented that this retreat was the best retreat they have ever been to in their lifetime. The combination of living on green smoothies for one week along with a “mental cleanse†achieved with the help of “The Work“ of Byron Katie allowed everyone to improve their health and to gain clarity and balance. Everyone looked at least 10 years younger by the end

of the week. Most of our guests testified about their significant health improvements. For example: two diabetic women had their blood sugars normalized on the fourth and fifth days. They didn’t have to take anymore medication. Other improvements included: cleared rash, headaches disappeared, hypertension relieved, hemorrhoid bleeding ceased, depression lifted, and others. Everyone commented on feeling light, energetic, and joyful.

We will definitely have more “Joy For Life†retreats in the future. We enjoyed working in a small, intimate group and that is why we decided to limit the group of participants to 40 people. Many people have been asking us about Byron Katie and her “Workâ€. I would like to share with you her letter to all people during tough economic times. It contains Katie’s own words of wisdom and samples of exercises that she calls “The Workâ€. Read more...

Victoria and Valya Tour Canada April 9th to May 3rd Please view details of our tour of British Columbia and Calgary here: Tour Schedule

Claymation Funny Video Clip about Sergei

In the time when unemployment is on the rise, one has to become creative while applying for a job. This is how Sergei recently applied for a fun job in Australia Turn on your speakers and enjoy!Video Clip

Visit our Newsletter Archives, by clicking here. You will find archived copies of Raw Family Newsletters dating back to 2005.

Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends and family. You may reprint articles from this newsletter for your websites, blogs and newsletters. We ask that you do credit the source. Images contained in the newsletter may not be used unless the are accompanied by the text from article they were with. Please feel free to write Victoria and the Raw Family.

To /change profile: click here

To : click here

Our address: 280 East Hersey StreetUnit 7Ashland , Oregon 97520

Guest guest

In Malaysia they make avacado juice, its really good.

E. Rice-Fells <shortydemp Group Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:33:32 PM Fw: Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies

----- Forwarded Message ----Raw Family victoriaSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:23:41 PMAvocado Pit in Green Smoothies

You are receiving this email from The Raw Family because you signed up to receive The Raw Family Newsletter either by email or via www.rawfamily.com. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from Victoria, please add victoria to your address book today. To or change profile: click here

In this issue...Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies Joy for Life Retreat Victoria and Valya Tour Canada Claymation Funny Video Clip about Sergei

Avocado Pit in Green Smoothies

Last summer at the Raw & Living Spirit Retreat, my friend Gabrielle Chavez introduced me to a green smoothie made with an avocado pit blended as a part of its recipe, Since then I have been experimenting with adding avocado seeds to my smoothies, and now I use them frequently. Here is some information that I gathered about the nutritional properties of avocado seed.

The total antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of edible portions and seeds of avocado, jackfruit, longan, mango and tamarind were studied. … The seeds showed a much higher antioxidant activity … than the edible portions. The contribution of all the fruit seed fractions to the total antioxidant activity … was always more than 70%. Source

“Avocado seed contains relatively low amounts of calcium and magnesium, somewhat higher amounts of phosphorus, and high amounts of potassium.†Source

The seed of the avocado contains tannins, and these make it bitter or "puckery" to the taste. And some of the tannins can be mildly toxic, though an individual would have to eat a lot to see any effects, unless that individual had a food allergy. Source

Dr. Tom Wu: When I eat the avocado I always eat the seed. It is packed with very good nutrients. It has the life force. It is a very high Qi food! It’s also the highest in soluble fiber. This soluble fiber binds to the fat and excess cholesterol. Then we can lower cholesterol and improve heart function naturally. We can improve the blood circulation by pulling out all the fatty deposits in our circulatory system with the soluble fiber of the avocado seed. Soluble fiber is very difficult to get in our diet. Oatmeal has some, but it cannot compare with the avocado seed. Any heart disease patient must eat the avocado including the seed. Source

Based on these and other facts, I concluded that adding avocado seed in small proportion can be beneficial for nutritional needs. Also I have noticed that it helps to make a consistency of some smoothies less frothy, as in case with green smoothie that contains apples, cucumbers, or pineapples. I like to add ½ half avocado seed per 32 oz of most of my green smoothies; then it doesn’t affect the taste of smoothie but makes it a little thicker and provides additional nutritional benefits. Here is a sample recipe. Sweet and Sour Delight4 Fuji apples, sliced2 medium lemons without peel1 banana,

peeled1 bunch parsley1 cup spinach 1 stalk celerySmall piece ginger½ avocado seedYields: 32 oz

Joy for Life Retreat Dear friends,Yesterday my family returned from the “Joy for Life†retreat. This event went amazingly well and we all had a hard time leaving the Stewart Mineral Springs. Many participants commented that this retreat was the best retreat they have ever been to in their lifetime. The combination of living on green smoothies for one week along with a “mental cleanse†achieved with the help of “The Work“ of Byron Katie allowed everyone to improve their health and to gain clarity and balance. Everyone looked at least 10 years younger by the end

of the week. Most of our guests testified about their significant health improvements. For example: two diabetic women had their blood sugars normalized on the fourth and fifth days. They didn’t have to take anymore medication. Other improvements included: cleared rash, headaches disappeared, hypertension relieved, hemorrhoid bleeding ceased, depression lifted, and others. Everyone commented on feeling light, energetic, and joyful.

We will definitely have more “Joy For Life†retreats in the future. We enjoyed working in a small, intimate group and that is why we decided to limit the group of participants to 40 people. Many people have been asking us about Byron Katie and her “Workâ€. I would like to share with you her letter to all people during tough economic times. It contains Katie’s own words of wisdom and samples of exercises that she calls “The Workâ€. Read more...

Victoria and Valya Tour Canada April 9th to May 3rd Please view details of our tour of British Columbia and Calgary here: Tour Schedule

Claymation Funny Video Clip about Sergei

In the time when unemployment is on the rise, one has to become creative while applying for a job. This is how Sergei recently applied for a fun job in Australia Turn on your speakers and enjoy!Video Clip

Visit our Newsletter Archives, by clicking here. You will find archived copies of Raw Family Newsletters dating back to 2005.

Feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends and family. You may reprint articles from this newsletter for your websites, blogs and newsletters. We ask that you do credit the source. Images contained in the newsletter may not be used unless the are accompanied by the text from article they were with. Please feel free to write Victoria and the Raw Family. To /change profile: click here