IndiaDivine.org

Ajowa: Vanguard Ranch Community Supported Agriculture

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ok, I'm a little late responding Ajowa but I wanted to thank you for sharing this information about the CSA and congratulations on your journey.

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo <ifateyo Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:19:03 AM Vanguard Ranch Community Supported AgricultureHi All:I don't know if I ever introduced myself. I joined a couple of years ago after a sister told me about this at a People of Color Retreat in Virginia. (Yeah, been lurking all that time.) At the time I was about 50% raw. I had been about 90% raw before that when living in South Florida, but working as a busy reporter didn't allow me to keep up the work required to rinse sprouts twice a day which tend to mold in the Florida heat, and I didn't have the kind of support I needed. Anyway, after going into Senbeb Cafe on 3rd St. NW (at

Sheridan), and sampling some of Chef Khepera's scrumptious raw food and getting a whole new outlook/taste on rawlive food, I was again inspired to go back to my raw roots. I am proud to say that I'm starting my sixth month of 100% raw and I am loving it. At this time, I want to share with the group about Vanguard CSA, a new venture by a black farmer, Azibo Turner, whose produce is "beyond organic" meaning he uses not only organic principles but cosmic methods of growing. He specializes in gourmet foods: purple carrots, burgundy okra, black cherry tomatoes, red lettuce... and even will have callaloo and Ethiopian basil. He calls it "colorful food for colorful people." Brother Azibo doesn't have a website as yet, but here's a link to his blog. He is in the process of adding more content and background on himself. Check it out. I'm excited about this venture because it is a way to do some community

economic development and self help. Brother Azibo also will allow people to go to the farm and work in exchange for part of the cost of the share. Check out the blog at:http://vanguardranchcsa.ning.com/---

Guest guest

I love it!Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld."E. Rice-Fells" Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:39:18 -0700 (PDT)Re: Ajowa: Vanguard Ranch Community Supported Agriculture Ok, I'm a little late responding Ajowa but I wanted to thank you for sharing this information about the CSA and congratulations on your journey. Remain Focused and Good Health to You ElaineAjowa Nzinga Ifateyo <ifateyo > Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:19:03 AM Vanguard Ranch Community Supported AgricultureHi All:I don't know if I ever introduced myself. I joined a couple of years ago after a sister told me about this at a People of Color Retreat in Virginia. (Yeah, been lurking all that time.) At the time I was about 50% raw. I had been about 90% raw before that when living in South Florida, but working as a busy reporter didn't allow me to keep up the work required to rinse sprouts twice a day which tend to mold in the Florida heat, and I didn't have the kind of support I needed. Anyway, after going into Senbeb Cafe on 3rd St. NW (at Sheridan), and sampling some of Chef Khepera's scrumptious raw food and getting a whole new outlook/taste on rawlive food, I was again inspired to go back to my raw roots. I am proud to say that I'm starting my sixth month of 100% raw and I am loving it. At this time, I want to share with the group about Vanguard CSA, a new venture by a black farmer, Azibo Turner, whose produce is "beyond organic" meaning he uses not only organic principles but cosmic methods of growing. He specializes in gourmet foods: purple carrots, burgundy okra, black cherry tomatoes, red lettuce... and even will have callaloo and Ethiopian basil. He calls it "colorful food for colorful people." Brother Azibo doesn't have a website as yet, but here's a link to his blog. He is in the process of adding more content and background on himself. Check it out. I'm excited about this venture because it is a way to do some community economic development and self help. Brother Azibo also will allow people to go to the farm and work in exchange for part of the cost of the share. Check out the blog at:http://vanguardranchcsa.ning.com/---

Guest guest

Thanks for the message J. I put my all into

the food each and everyday to make sure the food is as healthy as it can be and

the taste will take care of itself. It’s good to know my efforts

have made a difference with at least one person. To be in a position of

service where you know you are making a difference is the ultimate blessing.

Khepra

202-489-8476

khepra

www.mojojuiceclub.com

On Behalf Of Skai

Monday, June 29, 2009 4:50

PM

Re: Ajowa:

Vanguard Ranch Community Supported Agriculture

I love it!

Sent from

my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

" E.

Rice-Fells "

Mon, 29 Jun 2009

12:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Ajowa:

Vanguard Ranch Community Supported Agriculture

Ok, I'm a little late responding Ajowa but I wanted to

thank you for sharing this information about the CSA and congratulations on

your journey.

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

Ajowa

Nzinga Ifateyo <ifateyo >

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

11:19:03 AM

Vanguard Ranch

Community Supported Agriculture

Hi All:

I don't know if I ever introduced myself. I joined a couple of years ago

after a sister told me about this at a People of Color Retreat in Virginia. (Yeah, been

lurking all that time.) At the time I was about 50% raw. I had been

about 90% raw before that when living in South Florida, but working as a busy

reporter didn't allow me to keep up the work required to rinse sprouts twice a

day which tend to mold in the Florida

heat, and I didn't have the kind of support I needed. Anyway, after going

into Senbeb Cafe on 3rd St. NW (at Sheridan), and sampling some of Chef

Khepera's scrumptious raw food and getting a whole new outlook/taste on rawlive

food, I was again inspired to go back to my raw roots.

I am proud to say that I'm starting my sixth month of 100% raw and I am loving

it.

At this time, I want to share with the group about Vanguard CSA, a new venture

by a black farmer, Azibo Turner, whose produce is " beyond organic "

meaning he uses not only organic principles but cosmic methods of

growing. He specializes in gourmet foods: purple carrots, burgundy

okra, black cherry tomatoes, red lettuce... and even will have callaloo and

Ethiopian basil. He calls it " colorful food for colorful

people. " Brother Azibo doesn't have a website as yet, but here's a

link to his blog. He is in the process of adding more content and background on

himself. Check it out. I'm excited about this venture because it is

a way to do some community economic development and self help. Brother