IndiaDivine.org

Raw Eatery in DC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Elaine,Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you think!Peace,Asia.--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp wrote:Elaine <shortydemp Raw Eatery

in DC Date: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM

Greetings:

Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me know about your visit and the menu.

325 Pennsylvania Avenue S.E. Washington, DC 20003

http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g

Elaine

I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C. I've seen the place before, but had no idea the food was this good. After looking at the menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did. The food is delicious and the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken (absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were outside talking and we started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from the wellness cafe. They suggested that we should go at that moment and I agreed. We went for smoothies only and

ending up having the salmon sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I recommended it to a picky coworker of mine and she simply loved it. This all happened in the month of July and August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you will too.--- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 wrote:

Asia Bleu <asiableu9Re: Raw Eatery in DC Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM

Elaine,Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you think!Peace,Asia.--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote:

Elaine <shortydemp > Raw Eatery in DC@ .comSaturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM

Greetings:

Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me know about your visit and the menu.

Elaine

Okay, am I seeing things

or is this not a raw food café whatsoever. 

I mean its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here

were at least vegetarians.  I am all for

supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw Food forum should emphasize….raw

food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a personal turn off here…..im just sayin.  This place sounds like any average healthy

food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though.

On

Behalf Of Tijuana Tripplet

Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:17 PM

Re: Raw Eatery in DC

I

work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place

several times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in

D.C. I've seen the place before, but had no idea the food was this

good. After looking at the menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I

did. The food is delicious and the smoothies are great as

well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken (absolutly

delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my

favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the

salmon burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were

outside talking and we started talking about how we had been thinking about

the smoothies from the wellness cafe. They suggested that we

should go at that moment and I agreed. We went for smoothies only and

ending up having the salmon sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I

recommended it to a picky coworker of mine and she simply loved it.

This all happened in the month of July and August of this year. I will visit

this place again and again and hope you will too.

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9

wrote:

Asia Bleu <asiableu9

Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM

Elaine,

Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have

some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional

(although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would

not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options

that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on

their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me

that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if

you check them out, let us know what you think!

Peace,

Asia.

--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp >

wrote:

Elaine <shortydemp >

Raw Eatery in DC

@ .com

Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM

Greetings:

Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If

so, please let me know about your visit and the menu.

http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl

ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g

Elaine

Best raw place in DC is Everlasting Life near Howard University.

, " Chef Skai " <Bushtea wrote:

>

> Okay, am I seeing things or is this not a raw food café whatsoever. I mean

> its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here were at least

> vegetarians. I am all for supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw

> Food forum should emphasize….raw food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a

> personal turn off here…..im just sayin. This place sounds like any average

> healthy food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though.

>

> On Behalf Of

> Tijuana Tripplet

> Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:17 PM

>

> Re: Raw Eatery in DC

>

>

>

> I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several

> times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C. I've seen the

> place before, but had no idea the food was this good. After looking at the

> menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did. The food is delicious and

> the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken

> (absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of

> my favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon

> burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were outside talking and

> we started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from

> the wellness cafe. They suggested that we should go at that moment and I

> agreed. We went for smoothies only and ending up having the salmon

> sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I recommended it to a picky coworker

> of mine and she simply loved it. This all happened in the month of July and

> August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you

> will too. <http://mail.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif>

>

> --- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 wrote:

>

> Asia Bleu <asiableu9

>

> Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM

>

>

> Elaine,

>

> Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan

> and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic)

> deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out

> because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at

> home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but

> the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to

> details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you

> think!

>

> Peace,

>

> Asia.

>

> --- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote:

>

> Elaine <shortydemp >

> Raw Eatery in DC

> @ .com

> Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM

>

> Greetings:

> Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me

> know about your visit and the menu.

>

> <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q & hl=en & geocode= & q=325+Pennsylvania+Avenue+S.

> E.+Washington,+DC+20003 & sll=37.0625,-95.677068 & sspn=31.701751,82.265625 & ie=U

> TF8 & ll=38.888194,-76.999054 & spn=0.015199,0.040169 & z=15 & iwloc=addr> 325

> Pennsylvania Avenue S.E. Washington, DC 20003

> http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl

> <http://www.wellnesscafedc.com/?gclid=CJLo8e6ClZwCFRlinAodhFQ4jg>

> ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g

>

> Elaine

>

I agree with Chef Skai.--- On Fri, 8/14/09, Chef Skai <Bushtea wrote:Chef Skai <BushteaRE: Raw Eatery in DC Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 10:41 AM

Okay, am I seeing things

or is this not a raw food café whatsoever.

I mean its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here

were at least vegetarians. I am all for

supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw Food forum should emphasize….raw

food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a personal turn off here…..im just sayin. This place sounds like any average healthy

food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though.

@ .com [] On

Behalf Of Tijuana Tripplet

@ .com

I

work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place

several times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in

D.C. I've seen the place before, but had no idea the food was this

good. After looking at the menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I

did. The food is delicious and the smoothies are great as

well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken (absolutly

delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my

favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the

salmon burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were

outside talking and we started talking about how we had been thinking about

the smoothies from the wellness cafe. They suggested that we

should go at that moment and I agreed. We went for smoothies only and

ending up having the salmon sandwich.... .....fresh and yummy. Also I

recommended it to a picky coworker of mine and she simply loved it.

This all happened in the month of July and August of this year.. I will visit

this place again and again and hope you will too.

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 >

wrote:

Asia Bleu <asiableu9 >

@ .com

Elaine,

Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have

some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional

(although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would

not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options

that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on

their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me

that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if

you check them out, let us know what you think!

Peace,

Asia.

--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp >

wrote:

Elaine <shortydemp >

Raw Eatery in DC

@ .com

Greetings:

Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If

so, please let me know about your visit and the menu.

http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl

ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g

Elaine

Quest For Fresh in Mt. Rainier, Md. Way better than Everlasting Life.

From: flinzz782002Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:21:37 +0000 Re: Raw Eatery in DC

Best raw place in DC is Everlasting Life near Howard University. , "Chef Skai" <Bushtea wrote:>> Okay, am I seeing things or is this not a raw food café whatsoever. I mean> its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here were at least> vegetarians. I am all for supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw> Food forum should emphasize….raw food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a> personal turn off here…..im just sayin. This place sounds like any average> healthy food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though.> > On Behalf Of> Tijuana Tripplet> Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:17 PM> > Re: Raw Eatery in DC> > > > I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several> times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C. I've seen the> place before, but had no idea the food was this good. After looking at the> menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did. The food is delicious and> the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken> (absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of> my favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon> burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were outside talking and> we started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from> the wellness cafe. They suggested that we should go at that moment and I> agreed. We went for smoothies only and ending up having the salmon> sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I recommended it to a picky coworker> of mine and she simply loved it. This all happened in the month of July and> August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you> will too. <http://mail.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif> > > --- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 wrote:> > Asia Bleu <asiableu9> Re: Raw Eatery in DC> > Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM> > > Elaine,> > Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan> and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic)> deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out> because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at> home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but> the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to> details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you> think!> > Peace,> > Asia.> > --- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote:> > Elaine <shortydemp >> Raw Eatery in DC> @ .com> Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM> > Greetings:> Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me> know about your visit and the menu.> > <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q & hl=en & geocode= & q=325+Pennsylvania+Avenue+S.> E.+Washington,+DC+20003 & sll=37.0625,-95.677068 & sspn=31.701751,82.265625 & ie=U> TF8 & ll=38.888194,-76.999054 & spn=0.015199,0.040169 & z=15 & iwloc=addr> 325> Pennsylvania Avenue S.E. Washington, DC 20003> http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl> <http://www.wellnesscafedc.com/?gclid=CJLo8e6ClZwCFRlinAodhFQ4jg>> ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g> > Elaine>

Skai is damn straight about "Wellness Cafe" not being a "raw-friendly" let alone vegetarian restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. I'm no less disgusted and offended by the reference to a dish comprised primarily by pieces of any murdered animal as "absolutely delicious" or any other positive description. Whether or not anyone else on this list has any concern for nonhuman animals' natural rights, the fate of Mother Earth, the plight of starving, malnourished human populations in poor nations or even one's physical or mental health, it behooves all of us on this list to at the bare minimum at least express some genuine interest in promoting topics directly pertinent to the nutritional benefits of the raw vegan diet, not one that includes animal products (obviously including honey, a.k.a. bee vomit), and all the better to emphasize major elements of Dr. Douglas Graham's "80-10-10 Diet" for optimal health. The low-fat raw vegan diet is essentially what nature designed us to practice to the best of our ability. If we take dietary lessons from our much more intelligent and saner nonhuman primate cousins, especially bonobos and chimpanzees, our quality and quantity of life will markedly improve far beyond our wildest imaginations, akin to the theme song's message at the end of the film, "Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory" as sung by Gene Wilder. This creative notion just floated across my stream of consciousness. To the best of my knowledge, there are zero restaurants in the entire DC or Baltimore region that spec

ifically cater to raw vegan appetites. Those retaurants that cater to vegans are simply not raw-friendly in any measurable degree, particularly in terms of organically grown ingrdients. Delights of the Garden, the ingenius creation of the eminent Imar Hutchins in DC and elsewhere, is ancient history.

Namaste,

David

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."

--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Chef Skai <Bushtea

Fri, Aug 14, 2009 10:41 am

RE: Raw Eatery in DC

Okay, am I seeing things or is this not a raw food café whatsoever. I mean its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here were at least vegetarians. I am all for supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw Food forum should emphasize….raw food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a personal turn off here…..im just sayin. This place sounds like any average healthy food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though.

On Behalf Of Tijuana Tripplet

I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C. I've seen the place before, but had no idea the food was this good. After looking at the menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did. The food is delicious and the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken (absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were outside talking and we started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from the wellness cafe. They suggested that we should go at that moment and I agreed. We went for smoothies only and ending up having the salmon sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I recommended it to a picky coworker of mine and she simply loved it. This all happened in the month of July and August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you will too.

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 > wrote:

Asia Bleu <asiableu9 >

Re: Raw Eat

ery in DC

Elaine,

Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you think!

Peace,

Asia.

--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote:

Elaine <shortydemp >

Raw Eatery in DC

@ .com

Greetings:

Has anyone had a chance to20dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me know about your visit and the menu.

Elaine

I just assumed the email ADVERTISING meat/cooked food was spam. I can not imagine that a genuine member of this group wrote that...(I am only about 30/40% raw but I know what the focus of this group is. Thatz why I joined!) And I found it sorta funny that they wrote THAT ad to THIS group. Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileDavid L Fishman Sat, 15 Aug 2009 18:53:12 -0400Re: Raw Eatery in DC Skai is damn straight about "Wellness Cafe" not being a "raw-friendly" let alone vegetarian restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. I'm no less disgusted and offended by the reference to a dish comprised primarily by pieces of any murdered animal as "absolutely delicious" or any other positive description. Whether or not anyone else on this list has any concern for nonhuman animals' natural rights, the fate of Mother Earth, the plight of starving, malnourished human populations in poor nations or even one's physical or mental health, it behooves all of us on this list to at the bare minimum at least express some genuine interest in promoting topics directly pertinent to the nutritional benefits of the raw vegan diet, not one that includes animal products (obviously including honey, a.k.a. bee vomit), and all the better to emphasize major elements of Dr. Douglas Graham's "80-10-10 Diet" for optimal health. The low-fat raw vegan diet is essentially what nature designed us to practice to the best of our ability. If we take dietary lessons from our much more intelligent and saner nonhuman primate cousins, especially bonobos and chimpanzees, our quality and quantity of life will markedly improve far beyond our wildest imaginations, akin to the theme song's message at the end of the film, "Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory" as sung by Gene Wilder. This creative notion just floated across my stream of consciousness. To the best of my knowledge, there are zero restaurants in the entire DC or Baltimore region that spec ifically cater to raw vegan appetites. Those retaurants that cater to vegans are simply not raw-friendly in any measurable degree, particularly in terms of organically grown ingrdients. Delights of the Garden, the ingenius creation of the eminent Imar Hutchins in DC and elsewhere, is ancient history. Namaste, David "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country." --Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908 Chef Skai <Bushtea (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Fri, Aug 14, 2009 10:41 am RE: Raw Eatery in DC Okay, am I seeing things or is this not a raw food café whatsoever. I mean its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here were at least vegetarians. I am all for supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw Food forum should emphasize….raw food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a personal turn off here…..im just sayin. This place sounds like any average healthy food option place…you can get a salad anywhere though. On Behalf Of Tijuana TrippletThursday, August 13, 2009 5:17 PM Subject: Re: Raw Eatery in DC I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several times. I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C. I've seen the place before, but had no idea the food was this good. After looking at the menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did. The food is delicious and the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken (absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my favorites). I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon burger and really liked it. This same friend and I were outside talking and we started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from the wellness cafe. They suggested that we should go at that moment and I agreed. We went for smoothies only and ending up having the salmon sandwich.........fresh and yummy. Also I recommended it to a picky coworker of mine and she simply loved it. This all happened in the month of July and August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you will too. --- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 > wrote: Asia Bleu <asiableu9 > Re: Raw Eat ery in DC Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM Elaine, Checked out website. This is not really a raw eatery. They have some vegan and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic) deli items (wraps and the like). I probably would not check this place out because 1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at home. 2. They have blatant typos on their website. Maybe I am picky, but the website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to details...like my food. Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you think! Peace, Asia. --- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote: Elaine <shortydemp > Raw Eatery in DC @ .com Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM Greetings: Has anyone had a chance to20dine in this Cafe' yet? If so, please let me know about your visit and the menu. 325 Pennsylvania Avenue S.E. Washington, DC 20003 http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g Elaine

Peace,

I don't know what to say but I will first start by saying anyone who has been to

Senbeb Cafe in the last 2 years knows that there is a full raw organic vegan

vegetarian and whatever other term is to your liking Menu everyday!!! :-). We

have hosted the Northern VA raw food meetup group more than once and even the

father of raw food gourmet, Dr. Aris Latham spent a week in May of 2008

preparing the raw food for the restaurant. As a raw vegetarian (i personally

don't like the word vegan) for almost 10 years and spent the last 6 with Aris

knowing the ins and outs of the sunfire philosophy all of that goes into the

food I prepare daily. I would also like to mention all due respect to my

brother Imar and the D.O.G. crew, their food was never organic and never all

raw. I was a student at HU during their heyday on Georgia Ave and even worked

there. Their main staple food, kush, was in everything, never could sprout, and

mucus forming cooked starch. Not raw friendly but yes, innovative for its time.

In the end, delights became DOG food (soy burgers and whatever else they could

put in the microwave). Also, in Fells Point, Baltimore, Liquid Earth has a

surprisingly good raw menu. The burger is very tasty and so is the spinach

salad. The chef does use liquid aminos but still another option if Senbeb is

out of reach. Last but not least, in addition to Quest and Everlasting Life,

Java Green at least tries to make an effort with a small raw menu. To say that

their is no raw options in DC area is a personal offense to myself and what I

have committed my life to.

Khepra

, David L Fishman <DapperD72 wrote:

>

> Skai is damn straight about " Wellness Cafe " not being a " raw-friendly " let

alone vegetarian restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. I'm no less

disgusted and offended by the reference to a dish comprised primarily by pieces

of any murdered animal as " absolutely delicious " or any other positive

description. Whether or not anyone else on this list has any concern for

nonhuman animals' natural rights, the fate of Mother Earth, the plight of

starving, malnourished human populations in poor nations or even one's physical

or mental health, it behooves all of us on this list to at the bare minimum at

least express some genuine interest in promoting topics directly pertinent to

the nutritional benefits of the raw vegan diet, not one that includes animal

products (obviously including honey, a.k.a. bee vomit), and all the better to

emphasize major elements of Dr. Douglas Graham's " 80-10-10 Diet " for optimal

health. The low-fat raw vegan diet is essentially what nature designed us to

practice to the best of our ability. If we take dietary lessons from our much

more intelligent and saner nonhuman primate cousins, especially bonobos and

chimpanzees, our quality and quantity of life will markedly improve far beyond

our wildest imaginations, akin to the theme song's message at the end of the

film, " Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory " as sung by Gene Wilder. This creative

notion just floated across my stream of consciousness. To the best of my

knowledge, there are zero restaurants in the entire DC or Baltimore region that

specifica

> lly cater to raw vegan appetites. Those retaurants that cater to vegans are

simply not raw-friendly in any measurable degree, particularly in terms of

organically grown ingrdients. Delights of the Garden, the ingenius creation of

the eminent Imar Hutchins in DC and elsewhere, is ancient history.

>

>

>

> Namaste,

>

> David

>

>

>

>   " Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "

> --Benjamin Franklin

>

> " Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the

president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he

himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he

efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact

extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the

country. "

> --Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

>

>

>

>

> Chef Skai <Bushtea

>

> Fri, Aug 14, 2009 10:41 am

> RE: Raw Eatery in DC

>

>

>

Okay, am I seeing things or is this not a raw food café whatsoever.  I mean

its nice to have options, but I thought that most people here were at least

vegetarians.  I am all for supporting businesses in the community, but a Raw

Food forum should emphasize….raw food….mentioning chicken and salmon is a

personal turn off here…..im just sayin.  This place sounds like any average

healthy food option place0you can get a salad anywhere though.

>

>  

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of

Tijuana Tripplet

> Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:17 PM

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>  

>

>

I work not far from the wellness cafe and have eaten at this place several

times.  I found it by googling raw food restaurants in D.C.  I've seen the

place before, but had no idea the food was this good.  After looking at the

menu I wanted to try it out and try it out I did.  The food is delicious and

the smoothies are great as well. IThe first time,I had the grilled chicken

(absolutly delicious) and I've had the portabello mushroom sandwich (one of my

favorites).   I took a friend the second time and they had the salmon burger

and really liked it.  This same friend and I were outside talking and we

started talking about how we had been thinking about the smoothies from the

wellness cafe.  They suggested that we should go at that moment and I

agreed.  We went for smoothies only and ending up having the salmon

sandwich.........fresh and yummy.  Also I recommended it to a picky coworker of

mine and she simply loved it.  This all happened in the month of July and

August of this year. I will visit this place again and again and hope you will

too.

>

> --- On Sun, 8/9/09, Asia Bleu <asiableu9 wrote:

>

>

> Asia Bleu <asiableu9

> Subje

> ct: Re: Raw Eatery in DC

>

> Sunday, August 9, 2009, 1:00 PM

>

>

>  

>

Elaine,

>

> Checked out website.  This is not really a raw eatery.  They have some vegan

and vegetarian items on the menu and other conventional (although organic) deli

items (wraps and the like).  I probably would not check this place out

because  1. They have too many food options that I can make easily myself at

home.  2. They have blatant typos on their website.  Maybe I am picky, but the

website typos suggest to me that they may not pay attention to details...like my

food.  Anyway--if you check them out, let us know what you think!

>

> Peace,

>

> Asia.

>

> --- On Sat, 8/8/09, Elaine <shortydemp > wrote:

>

>

> Elaine <shortydemp >

> Raw Eatery in DC

> @ .com

> Saturday, August 8, 2009, 5:43 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Greetings:

>

>

>

> Has anyone had a chance to dine in this Cafe' yet?  If so, please let me know

about your visit and the menu.

>

>

>

> 325 Pennsylvania Avenue S.E. Washington, DC 20003

>

>

>

> http://www.wellness cafedc.com/ ?gclid=CJLo8e6Cl ZwCFRlinAodhFQ4j g

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Elaine

>

I must openly admit I neglected to remember Senbeb Cafe among the raw options in DC and I give Khepra utmost credit for preparing heavenly raw vegan dishes with superb-quality ingredients due to his superb talent. Granted, Imar's food was never made with organic igredients, which is an issue I have with another popular vegan restauranteur closer to my neck of the woods, who shall politely remain nameless. However, Imar's kush was not in every dish, as you could ask him to omit it from certain combinations if you so desired. I was a more naive vegan when I last ate there, but not completely raw yet, so it didn't occur to me till later. The word "vegan" was coined by Donald Watson in the U.K. to distinguish the conventional notion of "vegetarian" in the Western world, which generally includes all animal products except flesh according to less enlightened mindsets, from pure or total vegetarians who inherently avoid all animal products (from animals' bodies) including honey by definition. I could never understand why so many people writing on this list so often promote cooked "food" including animal products, as well as honey, even in its raw form, as if this is genuinely beneficial to humans, aside from what its use by humans does to bees as individuals and species.

Once again, sorry to have offended Khepra for forgetting about his restaurant & talent, but living in Baltimore County with essentially no technically raw organic restaurants per se makes culinary rec

reation a rather depressing affair. The only truly superior option I had until about 2 years ago, when she unfortunately closed down, was Jody Allen's Loving Life Cafe in New Oxford, PA. Her dishes were completely raw & vegan & almost entirely made from organically grown ingredients. What a shame that a plumbing issue forced her to move onto to other ventures.

Namaste,

David

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."

--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Khepra Anu <khepra

Mon, Aug 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Peace,

I don't know what to say but I will first start by saying anyone who has been to Senbeb Cafe in the last 2 years knows that there is a full raw organic vegan vegetarian and whatever other term is to your liking Menu everyday!!! :-). We have hosted the Northern VA raw food meetup group more than once and even the father of raw food gourmet, Dr. Aris Latham spent a week in May of 2008 preparing the raw food for the restaurant. As a raw vegetarian (i personally don't like the word vegan) for almost 10 years and spent the last 6 with Aris knowing the ins and outs of the sunfire philosophy all of that goes into the food I prepare daily. I would also like to mention all due respect to my brother Imar and the D.O.G. crew, their food was never organic and never all raw. I was a student at HU during their heyday on Georgia Ave and even worked there. Their main staple food, kush, was in everything, never could sprout, and mucus forming cooked starch. Not raw friendly but yes, innovative for its time. In the end, delights became DOG food (soy burgers and whatever else they could put in the microwave). Also, in Fells Point, Baltimore, Liquid Earth has a surprisingly good raw menu. The burger is very tasty and so is the spi

nach salad. The chef does use liquid aminos but still another option if Senbeb is out of reach. Last but not least, in addition to Quest and Everlasting Life, Java Green at least tries to make an effort with a small raw menu. To say that their is no raw options in DC area is a personal offense to myself and what I have committed my life to.

Khepra