IndiaDivine.org

raw for a day a week - can I do it without equipment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings,

I am attempting to transition to an 80% raw foods diet (for health reasons) very slowly. I do not have a food processor, blender or dehydrator, so I'm at the very beginning stages. I do have a juicer. Yesterday my children and I juiced carrots, spinach and celery. They love seeing the vegetables turn into juice. Then to get them to drink it, we have races. It's working very well and now they ask to juice.

I want to go RAW FOR A DAY each week (Monday), and I'm wondering if anyone could offer some simple recipes that can be made without fancy equipment. Eventually, I'll add another day, another day and another until I meet my goal.

Thanks so much!

***************************************Monica "NahZia" UtseyPresident, Southern DC Mocha Momswww.mochamoms.org202-484-5680 home

www.ayinde-is-born.blogspot.com"A nation is not defeated until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is done; no matter how brave its warriors or how strong its weapons."-Cheyenne Proverb

www.homeschoolingzion.blogspot.com"You are not an African because you are born in Africa. You are an African because Africa is born in you."-Marimba Ani

List OwnerSankofa Homeschool CommunitySankofaHomeschoolCommunity/http://sankofahomeschoolcommunity.blogspot.com/

Check my raw food made easy videos on youtube.com. Search Chef Skai. Peace Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T "Monica Utsey" <Nahzia47Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:29:57 -0500 Group raw for a day a week - can I do it without equipment Greetings, I am attempting to transition to an 80% raw foods diet (for health reasons) very slowly. I do not have a food processor, blender or dehydrator, so I'm at the very beginning stages. I do have a juicer. Yesterday my children and I juiced carrots, spinach and celery. They love seeing the vegetables turn into juice. Then to get them to drink it, we have races. It's working very well and now they ask to juice. I want to go RAW FOR A DAY each week (Monday), and I'm wondering if anyone could offer some simple recipes that can be made without fancy equipment. Eventually, I'll add another day, another day and another until I meet my goal. Thanks so much! ***************************************Monica "NahZia" UtseyPresident, Southern DC Mocha Momswww.mochamoms.org202-484-5680 home www.ayinde-is-born.blogspot.com"A nation is not defeated until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is done; no matter how brave its warriors or how strong its weapons."-Cheyenne Proverb www.homeschoolingzion.blogspot.com"You are not an African because you are born in Africa. You are an African because Africa is born in you."-Marimba Ani List OwnerSankofa Homeschool CommunitySankofaHomeschoolCommunity/http://sankofahomeschoolcommunity.blogspot.com/ *********************

Try marinated Kale (use organic lacinato kale if you can find it, get two bunchesit's very tender, remove the stems, stack two of the kale leaves with the stem end facing you, fold in half lengthwise and roll tightly like a cigar, slice crosswise into thin strips, repeat with the remaining leaves chop cross wise so their not two long. Put the kale in a bowl with 2 tbl. spoons each of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and a little sea salt and black pepper. Toss well with your hands woking the dressing into the kale. Add 1 diced red bell pepper. 1/4 cup each of pine nuts and sliced black olives. This will keep in the refrigerator for three days. Bring to room temperature before serving.

When kale is marinated in a lemon dressing, it has a wonderfully soft and juicy texture.

From: Nahzia47Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:29:57 -0500 raw for a day a week - can I do it without equipment

Greetings,

I am attempting to transition to an 80% raw foods diet (for health reasons) very slowly. I do not have a food processor, blender or dehydrator, so I'm at the very beginning stages. I do have a juicer. Yesterday my children and I juiced carrots, spinach and celery. They love seeing the vegetables turn into juice. Then to get them to drink it, we have races. It's working very well and now they ask to juice.

I want to go RAW FOR A DAY each week (Monday), and I'm wondering if anyone could offer some simple recipes that can be made without fancy equipment. Eventually, I'll add another day, another day and another until I meet my goal.

Thanks so much!

***************************************Monica "NahZia" UtseyPresident, Southern DC Mocha Momswww.mochamoms.org202-484-5680 home

www.ayinde-is-born.blogspot.com"A nation is not defeated until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is done; no matter how brave its warriors or how strong its weapons."-Cheyenne Proverb

www.homeschoolingzion.blogspot.com"You are not an African because you are born in Africa. You are an African because Africa is born in you."-Marimba Ani

List OwnerSankofa Homeschool CommunitySankofaHomeschoolCommunity/http://sankofahomeschoolcommunity.blogspot.com/

Hi Monica,  

Great for you -- and your kids! Kids also seem to really love sprouting, so that might be something fun for you to pursue together.

You don't need a $500 blender...but one from a thrift store or garage sale is fairly essential. You're pretty limited without it and would not only want to juice things -- as you want fiber in your everyday life.

That said, my Warming Recipes for Winter has a lot of soup and sauce recipes that could be made in a juicer rather than a blender -- I would just suggest adding the spices after the veggies have been juiced. You can read about it and see a list of recipes here:

http://www.wildsuccess.us/products_and_workshops/books.html

keep up the transition and let us know how it goes!

~~Sharon Greenspan~~ Dissolve Your Sugar Habit ~~ Boost Your Immunity ~~ Have More EnergyBoard Certified Holistic Health Practitioner301-816-0752www.wildsuccess.us --for a healthy lifestyle

www.wildsuccess.us/naturalzing  --for healthy snacks

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Monica Utsey <Nahzia47 wrote:

Greetings,

I am attempting to transition to an 80% raw foods diet (for health reasons) very slowly.  I do not have a food processor, blender or dehydrator, so I'm at the very beginning stages.  I do have a juicer.  Yesterday my children and I juiced carrots, spinach and celery.  They love seeing the vegetables turn into juice.  Then to get them to drink it, we have races.  It's working very well and now they ask to juice.

I want to go RAW FOR A DAY each week (Monday), and I'm wondering if anyone could offer some simple recipes that can be made without fancy equipment.  Eventually, I'll add another day, another day and another until I meet my goal.

Thanks so much!

***************************************Monica " NahZia " UtseyPresident, Southern DC Mocha Momswww.mochamoms.org

202-484-5680 home

www.ayinde-is-born.blogspot.com " A nation is not defeated until the hearts of its women are on the

ground. Then it is done; no matter how brave its warriors or how strong its weapons. " -Cheyenne Proverb

www.homeschoolingzion.blogspot.com " You are not an African because you are born in Africa. You are an African because Africa is born in you. "

-Marimba Ani

List OwnerSankofa Homeschool CommunitySankofaHomeschoolCommunity/

http://sankofahomeschoolcommunity.blogspot.com/

Greetings Monica,

Go here also and search for recipes that do not require the equipment that you

don't have yet. I agree with the other recommendations to look through Good

Will and Thrift Stores for appliances. Ask them also if they maintain a call

back list and to call you if when and if items arrive. I found a really good

dehydrator once for $5. I do not suggest purchasing high price items until you

know for sure that a raw lifestyle is you what you intend to live, else your

items could possibly end up in a Thrift Store as well.

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm

, " Monica Utsey " <Nahzia47 wrote:

>

> Greetings,

>

> I am attempting to transition to an 80% raw foods diet (for health reasons)

very slowly. I do not have a food processor, blender or dehydrator, so I'm at

the very beginning stages. I do have a juicer. Yesterday my children and I

juiced carrots, spinach and celery. They love seeing the vegetables turn into

juice. Then to get them to drink it, we have races. It's working very well and

now they ask to juice.

>

> I want to go RAW FOR A DAY each week (Monday), and I'm wondering if anyone

could offer some simple recipes that can be made without fancy equipment.

Eventually, I'll add another day, another day and another until I meet my goal.

>

> Thanks so much!

>

> ***************************************

> Monica " NahZia " Utsey

> President, Southern DC Mocha Moms

> www.mochamoms.org<http://www.mochamoms.org/>

> 202-484-5680 home

>

>

• 2 weeks later...

Monica you get a dehydrator at Wal mart for $30 or at Big Lots.

You can get a food processor at the Goodwill, especially after Christmas, sometimes they are new.

Vita Mixer can be purchased at ebay or at a home show when they are in town.

Zatiti Ema, ND, LMT

ahealingtree.com

240-277-7971

Peace