IndiaDivine.org

Just Being Creative

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As I am always up for trying something new, I came across these Itty Bitty Baby Bok Choys the other day in Whole Foods. Aren't they the cutest little things? I've never seen them this small before. Their butts were smaller than golf balls. I made a Bernaise Sauce (without eggs and butter) to drizzle over them.

We also used the Bernaise Sauce (instead of my homemade mayo) on my Superbowl Superior Sandwich. Photos attached.

Since many of you have been snow bound for the past week, care to share what you've been creating in your Raw Kitchens?

Remain Focused and Good Health to You

Elaine

3 of 3 Photo(s)

WOW! I made Bernaise Sauce.jpg

Since I been snow bound for the past week I created several new dishes. One of snack dishes I created is Bajan Broccoli Chomps:

Bajan Broccoli Chomps

6 cups broccoli florets

6 tablespoons olive oil

4 tablespoons nutritional yeast

4 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoon agave

1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon curry powder

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Place the broccoli florets and the all of the dry ingredients in a bowl with a cover or large plastic bag. Shake until the broccoli florets is coated. Add the olive oil and agave. Shake the broccoli florets.

Place the broccoli florets on dehydrator trays and dehyrate at 110 degrees F for 6 hours.

, "E. Rice-Fells" <shortydemp wrote:>> As I am always up for trying something new, I came across these Itty Bitty Baby Bok Choys the other day in Whole Foods. Aren't they the cutest little things? I've never seen them this small before. Their butts were smaller than golf balls. I made a Bernaise Sauce (without eggs and butter) to drizzle over them. > > We also used the Bernaise Sauce (instead of my homemade mayo) on my Superbowl Superior Sandwich. Photos attached.> > Since many of you have been snow bound for the past week, care to share what you've been creating in your Raw Kitchens?> > > Remain Focused and Good Health to You > Elaine>

Seems Yummy. Thanks!Peace and Blessings,AB--- On Thu, 2/11/10, heruankhra <heruankhra wrote:heruankhra <heruankhra Re: Just Being Creative Date: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 10:15 AM

Since I been snow bound for the past week I created several new dishes. One of snack dishes I created is Bajan Broccoli Chomps:

Bajan Broccoli Chomps

6 cups broccoli florets

6 tablespoons olive oil

4 tablespoons nutritional yeast

4 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoon agave

1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon curry powder

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Place the broccoli florets and the all of the dry ingredients in a bowl with a cover or large plastic bag. Shake until the broccoli florets is coated. Add the olive oil and agave. Shake the broccoli florets.

Place the broccoli florets on dehydrator trays and dehyrate at 110 degrees F for 6 hours.

@ .com, "E. Rice-Fells" <shortydemp@. ..> wrote:>> As I am always up for trying something new, I came across these Itty Bitty Baby Bok Choys the other day in Whole Foods. Aren't they the cutest little things? I've never seen them this small before. Their butts were smaller than golf balls. I made a Bernaise Sauce (without eggs and butter) to drizzle over them. > > We also used the Bernaise Sauce (instead of my homemade mayo) on my Superbowl Superior Sandwich. Photos attached.> > Since many of you have been snow bound for the past week, care to share what you've been creating in your Raw Kitchens?> > > Remain Focused and Good Health to You > Elaine>

Hi Pam, one of these days I'm going to get better at recording proportions as well as ingredients for my creations. So far, you are only one of three people that I've spoken with who had any idea what Bernaise Sauce is. If you've ever tasted it before these ingredients should help you along with realizing that "tarragon" is the key ingredient. With that said, here are the ingredients:

Dried Tarragon, White Wine, White Wine Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Whole Black Peppercorns, Fresh Lemon Juice, Brazil Nuts, only a tad of X-V Olive Oil and Spring Onions. All of the ingredients were blended in my Vita Mix until warm.

Elaine

"atzzill" <atzzill Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 8:27:15 AMRe: Just Being CreativeHi Elaine,Ummm looks yummy; but will you share your bernaise sauce recipe?I recently discovered a wonderful recipe for raw almond milk (from Dr. Cousens Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine). My son, who is not raw vegan, LOVED it.coconut milksoaked almonds-blended and strained through a nut mylk bagall spiceblend it up and omg its so delicious.BlessingsPam

1 of 1 Photo(s)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank Pam and Harold for stepping up to speak about your creativity during the Blizzard of 2010. I haven't tried your version of Almond Mylk yet Pam but I intend to soon.

Harold, your Bagan Broccoli Chomps were off the chart! I've made them twice because the first time in my excitement I wasn't thinking and forgot how much broccoli and cauliflower will shrink in a drying process. But the second time was a jewel. Here's a pic of how mine turned out.

Thanks for sharing.

Elaine

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Harold, I must give credit where credit is due. I swear, these " Bajan Broccoli

Chomps " are HIGHLY addictive! I've made them 4 times already since your posting

and the last two batches never made it to the dehydrator. I've even tried to

let them marinate for about an hour or so but failed.

People, you've gotta try them.

Thanks again,

Elaine

, " heruankhra " <heruankhra wrote:

>

>

> Since I been snow bound for the past week I created several new dishes.

> One of snack dishes I created is Bajan Broccoli Chomps:

>

> Bajan Broccoli Chomps

>

> 6 cups broccoli florets

>

> 6 tablespoons olive oil

>

> 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast

>

> 4 tablespoons garlic powder

>

> 2 tablespoon agave

>

> 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

>

> 1 tablespoon curry powder

>

> 1/4 teaspoon sea salt

>

> Place the broccoli florets and the all of the dry ingredients in a bowl

> with a cover or large plastic bag. Shake until the broccoli florets is

> coated. Add the olive oil and agave. Shake the broccoli florets.

>

> Place the broccoli florets on dehydrator trays and dehyrate at 110

> degrees F for 6 hours.