IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 541

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

wrote: contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list------There are 6 messages in this issue.Topics in this digest:1. Re: Digest Number 539Wisteria Jean 2. Re: Digest Number 510Wisteria Jean 3. Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?Wisteria_Angel4. vegetarian/vegan and hummiskris 5. RE: Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?"Bridget Bragg @ Techroad.Com" 6. Re: Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?"For the Love of Animals" __________Message: 1Sun, 1 Jul 2001 15:52:18 -0700 (PDT)Wisteria Jean Re: Digest Number 539thanks so much for this awesome site.http://WWW.FATFREE.COMDo You ?Get personalized email addresses from Mailhttp://personal.mail./__________Message: 2Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:03:30 -0700 (PDT)Wisteria Jean Re: Digest Number 510what is the difference between Vegetarian and Veganrecipes aand eating???====="Blessings Jeanarie ^i^""God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine!" †Get personalized email addresses from Mailhttp://personal.mail./__________Message: 3Sun, 01 Jul 2001 23:23:43 -0000Wisteria_AngelSubject: Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?What is HUMMUS? We are moving across country at the end of this week, of which I'm overly delighted, HOWEVER, My Dr. has suggested a Vegerarian diet for (me) and it would be so much easier if I could introduce some fun things into my sweet husbands diet as well to make food prep. a little more easy for us. ALSO this is "VERY NEW" for me, so I'm more then likely going to ask several questions along the way. Our computer is being turned off on Wed. and being packed for our trip, so it will prouble be 2 weeks before I can get back on line again, but any travel tips and recipes we can take along with us and us would be greatly appreacheted. TIA JEanarie, cdipietro@w... wrote:> Hi Jen & all. Some of the items I include in the cooler for road trips are:> Hummus- great on bagels, rolled up in tortillas or even on a slice of > bread, also can use as a dip for veggies or tortilla chips> Yogurt-just make sure it doesn't have gelatin, add granola for crunch> Veggie lunch "meat" or veggie burger sandwiches> Fruit - oranges, apples, container of fruit salad, blueberries, grapes> crackers or tortilla chips (with salsa)> cheese> Cream cheese & bagels (add tomato slices or sprouts to spruce it up)> containers of pasta salad> > Enjoy your trip!> Crystal__________Message: 4Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:39:27 -0700 (PDT)kris vegetarian/vegan and hummisVegetarian is no meat, where vegan is no animal products ofany kind, no butter, cheese, etc. Hummis is pureed chick peas with other ingredients, makes anice sandwich spread or dip. You may be able to find it inyour grocery deli, fancy food section, or otherrefrigerated area. Try it and if you like it, check thearchives for recipies. It is fairly simple to make with afood processor or blender.Kris--- Wisteria_Angel wrote:> What is HUMMUS? Get personalized email addresses from Mailhttp://personal.mail./__________Message: 5Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:55:45 -0400"Bridget Bragg @ Techroad.Com" RE: Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?> What is HUMMUS? We are moving across country at the end of this week,> of which I'm overly delighted, HOWEVER, My Dr. has suggested a> Vegerarian diet for (me) and it would be so much easier if I could> introduce some fun things into my sweet husbands diet as well to make> food prep. a little more easy for us. ALSO this is "VERY NEW" for me,> so I'm more then likely going to ask several questions along the way.> Our computer is being turned off on Wed. and being packed for our> trip, so it will prouble be 2 weeks before I can get back on line> again, but any travel tips and recipes we can take along with us> and us would be greatly appreacheted. TIA JEanarieHi :)We are also new! I'm starting our first vegetarian week this Monday to beexact. I used www.fatfree.com to find a week's worth of recipes and we wentshopping today. The only things my regular store seemed to not have (or havehidden!) were bulgar wheat and nutritional yeast. If anyone is interested Ican post the recipes as we try them, although I can't promise they are allquick! I am making the roasted vegetable stock right now that is in Ornish'sbook. You roast carrots, celery, leeks (first time buying & using those), 2kinds of onions (red & yellow.. tho I threw in a vidalia too), and 2 bayleaves. Roast at 450 for an hour, cover with 2 quarts of water and boil thensimmer and it keeps for about a week. The veg stock is used to 'fry' a fewof the ingredients in the recipes I'm doing this week.Tomorrow we are having potato gnocchi (fatfree.com recipe), sauce, and sweetvanilla polenta (also a fatfree.com recipe) for dessert. Tuesday I'm makingasparagus risotto and potato balls from the website.My doctor highly recommend Ornish as a way to 1. lose weight and 2. dealwith low energy levels. I can't wait to try some of our new recipes. We aregiving this a 3 mos trial :)~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Bridget in SC * BridgetMommy to Charlotte (5), Bethany (3), & James (1)http://sahmu.com founder -- Come Enter Our Contest!http://GuaranteedHomeBusiness.com -- How to Work From HomeOnly 30% of the 17,000 chemicals have been tested for their negativeeffects on our health. What is this doing to our children?__________Message: 6Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:52:32 -0700"For the Love of Animals" Re: Re: Help! Veggie car lunch ideas?Hummus simply wonderful, and in so many flavors...It's like a dip... you can add it to crackers and pita bread... it is so yummy.I hace even made my own.. I am sure you will enjoy it!-------------------------------~*Mary*~Co-Founder of "The Nuzzled Network"www.nuzzled.net"Our day will come if we just wait awhile"-Ruby and the Romantics"If you won't eat your cat, why eat a cow?" - Me> What is HUMMUS? [This message contained attachments]__________

Guest guest

thank You Bridget for the excitement with your new way

of eating. I'm up against the wire now, so I'm going

to get started with this as soon as we get settled. I

also am looking forward to a new lifestyle and weight

loss... smile

Thank You Kris fpr tje info about Vegan & vegarian. I

have so much to learn, but am thankful for all of your

insights and help

Blessings Jean

Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

kris <kristc99