IndiaDivine.org

RE: for your friends still

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was 10 when i went to work on my mothers friends farm.... I watched birth to groweth to slaghter.... I changed my younger daughters to veg as soon as they were born due to my elder child talking to us and showing us within herself that she did not need meat to survive and 4 yrs later my 7 yo and my 4 yo along with my 19 yo have choosen to be veg and i am very proud of the fact that when i take them to the doctors they get a better physical outcome then my 23 yo and my 21 yo who eat meat......I myself am trying to be more veg now in my old age of 40!!!! I have battled cancer within the last 2 yrs and have beaten it ...but i don't think that would have happened if it was not for my Katie telling me and showing me how to eat healthier......I also notice that most veg people that i meet are calmer and are not so quick to argue the point of meat.....A lot of Katies friends are veg but they don't come in here and yell when i put a roast on the table... but that could be also because i have also fixed a veg meal to.... I cook 2 meals for every meal in our house....1 veg meal and 1meat meal.... My family is not your ordinary family,we moved in together at the request of my best friend my mother who was dying of cancer 4 yrs, ago and we have never separeted after she died 3 yrs ago.. So i am cooking for 11people everyday.... 5 of them are meat eaters and 6 are veg... So to say i have to start dinner at 3 in the afternoon to get it all out by 6pm!!!!!!

-

Mary

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:12 PM

Re: for your friends still

You;re not out of line.

For you it took talk. For me it took my best friend sending me a video SHE took from the inside of a slaughterhouse... and I was RAISED on a farm!!!

Different strokes for different folks :)

-------------------------------~*Mary*~Founder of "The Nuzzled Network"www.nuzzled.net

"Our day will come if we just wait awhile"-Ruby and the Romantics

-

nanniesher

Quick-Veg

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 7:07 AM

for your friends still

I am a meat eater cooking for vegetarian children....I did not get to see what was sent in on the dead animal post nor do i care to..... I am also trying to be more veg myself...I don't think sending shocking pics will change anyone.....They have to want to change themselves by themselves......

My 19 yostarted the change in us 4yrs ago but not by showing us gross pics.. All she did was talk to us..... Sorry if i am out of line...

Sheriecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Wow! You have got your hands full. My husband and I ran a junior development camp for water skiing in June. I cooked for 17 people for 7 days and was totally exhausted at the end of the week. How do you do it? You must have alot of energy. My hat off to you!

Blessings,

Karla B.

nanniesher [nanniesher]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:35 AM Subject: Re: for your friends still

I was 10 when i went to work on my mothers friends farm.... I watched birth to groweth to slaghter.... I changed my younger daughters to veg as soon as they were born due to my elder child talking to us and showing us within herself that she did not need meat to survive and 4 yrs later my 7 yo and my 4 yo along with my 19 yo have choosen to be veg and i am very proud of the fact that when i take them to the doctors they get a better physical outcome then my 23 yo and my 21 yo who eat meat......I myself am trying to be more veg now in my old age of 40!!!! I have battled cancer within the last 2 yrs and have beaten it ...but i don't think that would have happened if it was not for my Katie telling me and showing me how to eat healthier......I also notice that most veg people that i meet are calmer and are not so quick to argue the point of meat.....A lot of Katies friends are veg but they don't come in here and yell when i put a roast on the table... but that could be also because i have also fixed a veg meal to.... I cook 2 meals for every meal in our house....1 veg meal and 1meat meal.... My family is not your ordinary family,we moved in together at the request of my best friend my mother who was dying of cancer 4 yrs, ago and we have never separeted after she died 3 yrs ago.. So i am cooking for 11people everyday.... 5 of them are meat eaters and 6 are veg... So to say i have to start dinner at 3 in the afternoon to get it all out by 6pm!!!!!!

Guest guest

You;re not out of line.

For you it took talk. For me it took my best friend sending me a video SHE took from the inside of a slaughterhouse... and I was RAISED on a farm!!!

Different strokes for different folks :)

-------------------------------~*Mary*~Founder of "The Nuzzled Network"www.nuzzled.net

-

nanniesher

Quick-Veg

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 7:07 AM

for your friends still

I am a meat eater cooking for vegetarian children....I did not get to see what was sent in on the dead animal post nor do i care to..... I am also trying to be more veg myself...I don't think sending shocking pics will change anyone.....They have to want to change themselves by themselves......

My 19 yostarted the change in us 4yrs ago but not by showing us gross pics.. All she did was talk to us..... Sorry if i am out of line...

Sherie

Guest guest

You're not out of line, you're perfectly right. I'm a vegetarian both for health and humanitarian reasons. But the initial post didn't want to make me more vegan, nor did it solidify my opinions. It actually pissed me off at the pro-vegan movement that someone would have the audicty to think that grossing someone out like that could make them turn vegetarian.

I'm sorry, but we're talking about a sick, low-brow culture that is obsessed with sex, violence and money. Do you really think you're going to shock someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely not, and if anything you're going to lose the help of supporters like me who understand that the only way to truly reach people today is to cater to the "me me me" part of them and give them a reason to be vegetarian that is self-serving and not altruistic or humanitarian.

Sorry, that's the way the world works. Once people are stuck in a habit (as we are with eating meat) the only thing that really works is reason and reason that explains how eating meat effects the individual on an personal level, not pie-in-the-sky, animal cruelty shock value crap. That kind of rhetoric will always get ignored.

There is a good message here. Going vegetarian is healthier. It's better for you. I've lost 130lbs. in the last year in part because I've gone vegetarian. That's a good message and one we should shout from the mountain-tops. But the finger-pointing, accusations, calling people murderers for eating a chicken-strip.... that kind of garbage is not helping and it's never going to be effective in our culture.

Now please, for the love of God, Allah, Budda or whatever the hell everyone believes in can we get back to talking about recipes?

Preston

nanniesher [nanniesher]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 7:07 AMQuick-Veg for your friends still

Sheriecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

I'm not taking either side in this " debate, " but actually I instantly

became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago) when I saw a video of cows

being slaughtered. This kind of thing DOES work for some people.

Crystal

At 10:46 AM 7/31/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm sorry, but we're talking about a sick, low-brow culture that is

>obsessed with sex, violence and money. Do you really think you're going to

>shock someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely not, and if

>anything you're going to lose the help of supporters like me who

>understand that the only way to truly reach people today is to cater to

>the " me me me " part of them and give them a reason to be vegetarian that

>is self-serving and not altruistic or humanitarian.

Guest guest

speaking of "tone"....

-

Preston Crawford

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:46 AM

You're not out of line, you're perfectly right. I'm a vegetarian both for health and humanitarian reasons. But the initial post didn't want to make me more vegan, nor did it solidify my opinions. It actually pissed me off at the pro-vegan movement that someone would have the audicty to think that grossing someone out like that could make them turn vegetarian.

I'm sorry, but we're talking about a sick, low-brow culture that is obsessed with sex, violence and money. Do you really think you're going to shock someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely not, and if anything you're going to lose the help of supporters like me who understand that the only way to truly reach people today is to cater to the "me me me" part of them and give them a reason to be vegetarian that is self-serving and not altruistic or humanitarian.

Sorry, that's the way the world works. Once people are stuck in a habit (as we are with eating meat) the only thing that really works is reason and reason that explains how eating meat effects the individual on an personal level, not pie-in-the-sky, animal cruelty shock value crap. That kind of rhetoric will always get ignored.

There is a good message here. Going vegetarian is healthier. It's better for you. I've lost 130lbs. in the last year in part because I've gone vegetarian. That's a good message and one we should shout from the mountain-tops. But the finger-pointing, accusations, calling people murderers for eating a chicken-strip.... that kind of garbage is not helping and it's never going to be effective in our culture.

Now please, for the love of God, Allah, Budda or whatever the hell everyone believes in can we get back to talking about recipes?

Preston

Guest guest

Amen!!

Tina - Calif

Preston Crawford wrote:

Now

please, for the love of God, Allah, Budda or whatever the hell everyone

believes in can we get back to talking about recipes?Preston

-----Original

Message-----

nanniesher [nanniesher]

Tuesday, July 31, 2001

7:07 AM

Quick-Veg

for your friends still

I am a meat eater cooking for vegetarian

children....I did not get to see what was sent in on the dead animal post

nor do i care to..... I am also trying to be more veg myself...I don't

think sending shocking pics will change anyone.....They have to want to

change themselves by themselves......

My 19 yostarted the change in us 4yrs ago but not by showing us gross pics..

All she did was talk to us..... Sorry if i am out of line...

Sherie

contact owner: -owner

Mail list:

Delivered-mailing list

List-Un: -

no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowed

contact owner with complaints regarding posting/list

or anything else. Thank you.

please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Exactly. People need the shock to wake them up from their head in the sand

stand. It forces them to face themselves.

cdipietro wrote:

I'm not taking either side in this "debate,"

but actually I instantly

became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago) when I saw a video

of cows

Crystal

At 10:46 AM 7/31/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm sorry, but we're talking about a sick, low-brow culture that

is

>obsessed with sex, violence and money. Do you really think you're

going to

>shock someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely not, and

if

>anything you're going to lose the help of supporters like me who

>understand that the only way to truly reach people today is to

cater to

>the "me me me" part of them and give them a reason to be vegetarian

that

>is self-serving and not altruistic or humanitarian.

Mail list:

Delivered-mailing list

Guest guest

Thank you ..... You hit the nail on the head!

Sherie

-

Preston Crawford

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:46 PM

Preston

nanniesher [nanniesher]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 7:07 AMQuick-Veg for your friends still

Guest guest

It's not easy especially when I have to make 2 separate meals each day.... I refuse to cook on Fridays and Saturdays...... They are my days off!!!! On Sundays I cook for at least 13 or more depending on who shows up with who!!!! I love to cook... I never thought that I would be cooking for so many as I got older!!! I took over the holiday dinners when I was 16 yo... My great grand mother handed the tradition down to me because she taught me everything about the kitchen.... I was the only one that wanted to learn!!!! She lived to see her 95th birthday but died short of her favorite dinner which was Christmas..... My soon to be 19 yo corrected me today by reminding me that it has been 5 yrs that she has been vegetarian..... I was always taught to cook with meat and meat was the main part of every meal in our house...

Now it is a house divided ..... We have the meat eaters and the veggie people now!! The meat eaters will try the things that Katie and I make and sometimes they go over really well, but not well enough to get them into the veg....

Mt lil ones are 4 and 7 and my grand daughter who lives with us is 3.. They tend to be more veg at this point and I want to get them more into it as I do myself....

My soon to be 23 yo and her other sis who is 21 seem to be the ones that aren't afraid to try anything but they still eat meat....I am hoping to change that by being in the group.. I figure that if I can get more recipes on different foods then that might persuade them... So to me it is worth the time and the trouble to do it the way I do... Plus I love all 5 of my girls their husbands,boyfriend and my grand daughter.. So to say I am hooked on making them healthier.....The only thing that I dread is the shopping!!!!!!!!!

Sherie

-

brent

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 11:08 AM

Wow! You have got your hands full. My husband and I ran a junior development camp for water skiing in June. I cooked for 17 people for 7 days and was totally exhausted at the end of the week. How do you do it? You must have alot of energy. My hat off to you!

Blessings,

Karla B.

nanniesher [nanniesher]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:35 AM Subject: Re: for your friends still

I was 10 when i went to work on my mothers friends farm.... I watched birth to groweth to slaghter.... I changed my younger daughters to veg as soon as they were born due to my elder child talking to us and showing us within herself that she did not need meat to survive and 4 yrs later my 7 yo and my 4 yo along with my 19 yo have choosen to be veg and i am very proud of the fact that when i take them to the doctors they get a better physical outcome then my 23 yo and my 21 yo who eat meat......I myself am trying to be more veg now in my old age of 40!!!! I have battled cancer within the last 2 yrs and have beaten it ...but i don't think that would have happened if it was not for my Katie telling me and showing me how to eat healthier......I also notice that most veg people that i meet are calmer and are not so quick to argue the point of meat.....A lot of Katies friends are veg but they don't come in here and yell when i put a roast on the table... but that could be also because i have also fixed a veg meal to.... I cook 2 meals for every meal in our house....1 veg meal and 1meat meal.... My family is not your ordinary family,we moved in together at the request of my best friend my mother who was dying of cancer 4 yrs, ago and we have never separeted after she died 3 yrs ago.. So i am cooking for 11people everyday.... 5 of them are meat eaters and 6 are veg... So to say i have to start dinner at 3 in the afternoon to get it all out by 6pm!!!!!!contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

AMEN!!! Some recipes would be great!!

Andi

--- nanniesher <nanniesher wrote:

> Thank you ..... You hit the nail on the head!

> Sherie

> -

> Preston Crawford

>

> Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:46 PM

> RE: for your friends

> still

>

>

> You're not out of line, you're perfectly right.

> I'm a vegetarian both for health and humanitarian

> reasons. But the initial post didn't want to make me

> more vegan, nor did it solidify my opinions. It

> actually pissed me off at the pro-vegan movement

> that someone would have the audicty to think that

> grossing someone out like that could make them turn

> vegetarian.

>

> I'm sorry, but we're talking about a sick,

> low-brow culture that is obsessed with sex, violence

> and money. Do you really think you're going to shock

> someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely

> not, and if anything you're going to lose the help

> of supporters like me who understand that the only

> way to truly reach people today is to cater to the

> " me me me " part of them and give them a reason to be

> vegetarian that is self-serving and not altruistic

> or humanitarian.

>

> Sorry, that's the way the world works. Once people

> are stuck in a habit (as we are with eating meat)

> the only thing that really works is reason and

> reason that explains how eating meat effects the

> individual on an personal level, not pie-in-the-sky,

> animal cruelty shock value crap. That kind of

> rhetoric will always get ignored.

>

> There is a good message here. Going vegetarian is

> healthier. It's better for you. I've lost 130lbs. in

> the last year in part because I've gone vegetarian.

> That's a good message and one we should shout from

> the mountain-tops. But the finger-pointing,

> accusations, calling people murderers for eating a

> chicken-strip.... that kind of garbage is not

> helping and it's never going to be effective in our

> culture.

>

> Now please, for the love of God, Allah, Budda or

> whatever the hell everyone believes in can we get

> back to talking about recipes?

>

> Preston

>

>

> nanniesher [nanniesher]

> Tuesday, July 31, 2001 7:07 AM

> Quick-Veg

> for your friends

> still

>

>

> I am a meat eater cooking for vegetarian

> children....I did not get to see what was sent in on

> the dead animal post nor do i care to..... I am also

> trying to be more veg myself...I don't think sending

> shocking pics will change anyone.....They have to

> want to change themselves by themselves......

> My 19 yostarted the change in us 4yrs ago but

> not by showing us gross pics.. All she did was talk

> to us..... Sorry if i am out of line...

> Sherie

>

>

> contact owner:

> -owner

> Mail list:

> Delivered-mailing list

>

> List-Un:

> -

>

> no flaming arguing or denigration of others

> allowed

> contact owner with complaints regarding

> posting/list

> or anything else. Thank you.

> please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy

> this list

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Crystal

I'm not taking either side in this "debate," but actually I instantly became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago) when I saw a video of cows being slaughtered. This kind of thing DOES work for some people.CrystalI agree. I have been vegetarian only about six or seven years. To start with it was for health reasons. Then I became involved in hunt-sabbing and all the sabs were veggie or vegan and were involved in campaigning for animal rights for farm animals as well. That got me interested and I started reading books and 'horrible, shock' leaflets and am glad to say I was shocked. If it reaches some people it must be worth it - but then I believe that all animals have a right to live their life unimpeded by us.

Jo

Guest guest

Crystal, you're right. People don't "get" it when it's softpedaled. It

allows them to stay in lala land & pretend everything's just the way

they want it to be. In the face stuff wakes people up, like you. It forces

them to examine their views when otherwise they could wiggle out of facing

reality.

Heartwork wrote:

Crystal

I'm

not taking either side in this "debate," but actually I instantly

became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago) when I saw a video

of cows

Crystal

I agree. I have been vegetarian

only about six or seven years. To start with it was for health reasons.

Then I became involved in hunt-sabbing and all the sabs were veggie or

vegan and were involved in campaigning for animal rights for farm animals

as well. That got me interested and I started reading books and 'horrible,

shock' leaflets and am glad to say I was shocked. If it reaches some

people it must be worth it - but then I believe that all animals have a

right to live their life unimpeded by us. Jo

Mail list:

Delivered-mailing list

Guest guest

Your point? If you're a vegetarian it doesn't apply to you?? Reality frequently

offends & most people can't deal with it. That's why in your face stuff

works for those who who AREN'T veggie & like to "pretend" where their

meat comes from.

Preston Crawford wrote:

Your

point? I think tone is good and if my tone was harsh then I was successful.

I get frustrated at the shock tactics which unnecessarily make people like

ME uncomfortable when I'm already a vegetarian. Sorry, I didn't like being

made to feel like I was going to throw up, when I'm already a vegetarian.

It pissed me off and if my tone reflected that then that's good.Preston

-----Original

Message-----

Mary [vanoravanora]

Tuesday, July 31, 2001

12:38 PM

Re:

for your friends still

speaking of "tone"....

-

Preston

Crawford

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:46

AM

RE: for

your friends still

You're

not out of line, you're perfectly right. I'm a vegetarian both for health

and humanitarian reasons. But the initial post didn't want to make me more

vegan, nor did it solidify my opinions. It actually pissed me off at the

pro-vegan movement that someone would have the audicty to think that grossing

someone out like that could make them turn vegetarian. I'm

sorry, but we're talking about a sick, low-brow culture that is obsessed

with sex, violence and money. Do you really think you're going to shock

someone into being vegetarian? You're absolutely not, and if anything you're

going to lose the help of supporters like me who understand that the only

way to truly reach people today is to cater to the "me me me" part of them

and give them a reason to be vegetarian that is self-serving and not altruistic

or humanitarian. Sorry,

that's the way the world works. Once people are stuck in a habit (as we

are with eating meat) the only thing that really works is reason and reason

that explains how eating meat effects the individual on an personal level,

not pie-in-the-sky, animal cruelty shock value crap. That kind of rhetoric

will always get ignored. There

is a good message here. Going vegetarian is healthier. It's better for

you. I've lost 130lbs. in the last year in part because I've gone vegetarian.

That's a good message and one we should shout from the mountain-tops. But

the finger-pointing, accusations, calling people murderers for eating a

chicken-strip.... that kind of garbage is not helping and it's never going

to be effective in our culture.Now

please, for the love of God, Allah, Budda or whatever the hell everyone

believes in can we get back to talking about recipes?Preston

Mail list:

Delivered-mailing list

Guest guest

Your point? I think tone is good and if my tone was harsh then I was successful. I get frustrated at the shock tactics which unnecessarily make people like ME uncomfortable when I'm already a vegetarian. Sorry, I didn't like being made to feel like I was going to throw up, when I'm already a vegetarian. It pissed me off and if my tone reflected that then that's good.

Preston

Mary [vanoravanora]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:38 PM Subject: Re: for your friends still

speaking of "tone"....

-

Preston Crawford

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:46 AM

Preston

contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Personally I am offended by your cursing... so, will you stop?

-

Preston Crawford

Wednesday, August 01, 2001 4:36 PM

Your point? I think tone is good and if my tone was harsh then I was successful. I get frustrated at the shock tactics which unnecessarily make people like ME uncomfortable when I'm already a vegetarian. Sorry, I didn't like being made to feel like I was going to throw up, when I'm already a vegetarian. It pissed me off and if my tone reflected that then that's good.

Preston

Mary [vanoravanora]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:38 PM Subject: Re: for your friends still

speaking of "tone"....

Guest guest

I don't if I can help it.

That's the animal rights philosophy not the "vegetarian" philosophy.

Lots of people forego meat for other reasons than the animals.

-

Tammi

Wednesday, August 01, 2001 7:34 PM

Just a question... Do any of you squish or otherwise destroy bugs?

Guest guest

--- Tammi <jatafox wrote:

>

> Just a question... Do any of you squish or

> otherwise destroy bugs?

Well, sometimes I do by accident, but I don't try to.

If they're in the house I find some way to get them to

walk onto a paper or something and take them outside.

If I had my choice I'd probably let them stay, but I

know my family will kill them if they see them.

- Milly :-)

Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Messenger

http://phonecard./

Guest guest

Exactly - I think alot of people don't associate that nicely packaged piece

of meat to the horrible pain & suffering that goes on when an animal is

slaughtered. I don't think this type of material will convert hunters or

farmers to vegetarianism, but it certainly will open some people's eyes.

Crystal

P.S. I promise to send some recipes today ;-)

At 08:32 PM 8/1/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Crystal, you're right. People don't " get " it when it's softpedaled. It

>allows them to stay in lala land & pretend everything's just the way

>they want it to be. In the face stuff wakes people up, like you. It

>forces them to examine their views when otherwise they could wiggle out

>of facing reality.

>

>Heartwork wrote:

>

> > Crystal

> >

> > I'm not taking either side in this " debate, " but actually I

> > instantly became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago) when I saw a

> > video of cows being slaughtered. This kind of thing DOES work for some

> > people.

> > Crystal

Guest guest

Me neither, Mary. I've been known to escort bees and

other insects out of my house if I can or just leave

them be if I can't help them find their way out again.

One exception is spiders if they happened to be

hanging on the ceiling over my bed. I can't take that

so they usually end up dead, sorry to say. But as

much as possible I refrain from squishing anything

alive. Of course, we all walk on grass and who knows

what mass slaughter and chaos we cause there, right?

Cher

--- Mary <vanoravanora wrote:

> I don't if I can help it.

> That's the animal rights philosophy not the

> " vegetarian " philosophy.

> Lots of people forego meat for other reasons than

> the animals.

>

>

-------------------------------

> ~*Mary*~

> Founder of " The Nuzzled Network "

> www.nuzzled.net

>

> " Our day will come if we just wait awhile " -Ruby and

> the Romantics

> -

> Tammi

>

> Wednesday, August 01, 2001 7:34 PM

> Re: for your friends

> still

>

>

> Just a question... Do any of you squish or

> otherwise destroy bugs?

>

>

>

>

>

=====

The Eactivists

http://www.eactivist.50megs.com

eactivists

" Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in

harmony. " --Mahatma Gandhi

" The power of one is to do something...anything. " --Unknown

Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Messenger

http://phonecard./

Guest guest

You should see the lengths we sometimes go to try to save an insect and

give back to them their freedom. Glad to hear that I am not alone in

these kind of seemingly strange pursuits. I had a wonderful college

professor for criminology who even has me more mindful of where I tread

so as not to stomp needlessly on a hard working ant whose only " crime "

that day might be that he is ISO food for his family.

Have a great day.

J.

--------- Forwarded message ----------

cdipietro

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:14:01 -0400

Message-ID: <4.2.0.58.20010802101322.0097d600

References: <3B687287.8073057F

I catch them & let them out too.

Crystal

At 07:34 PM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:

> Just a question... Do any of you squish or otherwise destroy bugs?

Mail list:

Delivered-mailing list

Guest guest

That misses the point, though. This is a FREAKING recipe mailing list. I'm

already a vegetarian and don't really expect to be nauseated by what I read

on this list. If people can't at least try to avoid making fellow

vegetarians sick to the point of feeling nauseas let me know and I will

Preston

>

> cdipietro [cdipietro]

> Thursday, August 02, 2001 6:54 AM

>

> Re: for your friends still

>

>

> Exactly - I think alot of people don't associate that nicely

> packaged piece

> of meat to the horrible pain & suffering that goes on when an animal is

> slaughtered. I don't think this type of material will convert hunters or

> farmers to vegetarianism, but it certainly will open some people's eyes.

> Crystal

> P.S. I promise to send some recipes today ;-)

>

> At 08:32 PM 8/1/01 +0000, you wrote:

> >Crystal, you're right. People don't " get " it when it's softpedaled. It

> >allows them to stay in lala land & pretend everything's just the way

> >they want it to be. In the face stuff wakes people up, like you. It

> >forces them to examine their views when otherwise they could wiggle out

> >of facing reality.

> >

> >Heartwork wrote:

> >

> > > Crystal

> > >

> > > I'm not taking either side in this " debate, " but actually I

> > > instantly became a vegetarian at age 15 (16 years ago)

> when I saw a

> > > video of cows being slaughtered. This kind of thing DOES

> work for some

> > > people.

> > > Crystal

>

>

>

>

> contact owner: -owner

> Mail list:

> Delivered-mailing list