happened to be the right time now to put it all into action. :) I am

experiencing allergies to something and am working on an elimination

diet to pinpoint what. I'm having trouble locating recipes in line

with what I can/can't eat. I'm not eating meat, sugar, dairy, fried

foods, processed foods, and the possible allergy foods that I'm

eliminating are eggs, peanuts, citrus, soy, and wheat. When I started

I adapted pretty well but that was before I discovered soy as a

possible allergen, now I'm stumped and feeling a bit discouraged. Any

help in locating resources would be so appreciated!

Thank you,

Tonia

mox

Hammond, OR

Guest guest

Tonia,

This may be a possible help. I recently read Dr. Dean Ornish's book on reversing heart desease. He's a heart surgeon and been studying patient's eating habits and how it affects their health for almost twenty years. He has two programs. The first is for reversing heart desease. It is oil free and vegetarian. He has a second eating plan that is low fat and vegetarian. Even if you aren't concerned about heart desease, some of his information might help you. He also has several other books on eating healthy.

I got his books from the library, so if your library carries them, it won't cost you anything.

Blessings,

Karla B.

mox [mox]Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:58 PM Subject: New to list and looking for resourcesI'm not eating meat, sugar, dairy, fried foods, processed foods, and the possible allergy foods that I'm eliminating are eggs, peanuts, citrus, soy, and wheat. When I started I adapted pretty well but that was before I discovered soy as a possible allergen, now I'm stumped and feeling a bit discouraged. Any help in locating resources would be so appreciated!Thank you,ToniamoxHammond, OR

Guest guest

Tonia

I have a book called Vegetarian Cooking Without, by Barbara Cousins and published by Thorsons - website www.thorsons.com

The recipes are delicious and include ones like Chickpea & Cashew Korma, and Roasted Vegetables With Pasta & Almond Pesto Dressing.

I too am on an allergy diet, recommended by a naturopath and was really pleased to find this book. I am near-vegan and also do not eat wheat (but can eat spelt flour and bread made with it), tomatoes, peanuts, oranges, rhubarb and caffeine.

Instead of soya products use lentils, chickpeas, beans, nuts, seeds, rice, millet, quinoa etc for your protein. I know it sounds silly, but the more I have cut out the better the food tastes. I hope you find lots you can enjoy.

Jo

Guest guest

Tonia, there is another group FOODALLERGYKITCHEN that deals with recipes for people with food allergies. Since the big "8" are wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts (and two others I can't remember off the top of my head), there should be lots of recipes there. Many of the rs are also doing elimination diets, either for themselves or their children.

There are also a couple of good books, one being "Allergy Cooking with Ease" by Nicolette Dumke.

Lauren (Mom to Kyle, 11, allergic to: wheat, corn, tomatoes, peanuts, chocolate, tuna, the mold in vinegar, reactions to red/yellow food dyes and Sodium Benzoate, EA's, serious drug allergies, asthma, other health problems)

-

mox

Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:58 PM

New to list and looking for resources

Hi Everyone!My name is Tonia and I have changed my eating habits over the last several weeks. It has come from a desire to have better health, from reading articles dealing with organic items (I do a home delivery service of organic produce) and a book called "Mad Cowboy" by Howard Lyman. I've known about healthier eating for awhile but it just happened to be the right time now to put it all into action. :) I am experiencing allergies to something and am working on an elimination diet to pinpoint what. I'm having trouble locating recipes in line with what I can/can't eat. I'm not eating meat, sugar, dairy, fried foods, processed foods, and the possible allergy foods that I'm eliminating are eggs, peanuts, citrus, soy, and wheat. When I started I adapted pretty well but that was before I discovered soy as a possible allergen, now I'm stumped and feeling a bit discouraged. Any help in locating resources would be so appreciated!Thank you,ToniamoxHammond, ORcontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list