IndiaDivine.org

After School Recipes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Does anyone have any favorite after school snack recipes that are somewhat health? I don't like the cookies and milk idea, and the kids get tired of fruit and cereal. We do pretzels once in a while but we

aren't much into chips and stuff either. Robin

Guest guest

We're homeschoolers so we never have 'after school', but it seems someone ALWAYS has the munchies!! :)

One thing my kids like are making pizzas out of english muffins or using corn tortillas. Use a bit of sauce, some cheese, and sprinkle whatever veggies you have around on top. They are wild about olives (which I know are high in fat, etc, etc) and pineapple. I keep small containers of differen things around so they can have a variety.

The other thing the kids like are the squeeze tube yogurts when frozen. I buy the adult brands b/c we don't do foods with food coloring. They're really good and when frozen they last longer than a child just slurping the regular yogurt out. :) (Plus a 17 mos old can eat it without turning into a disaster hehe)

Muffins are another thing the kids go for. We make LOTS of mini-muffins or muffin tops and then freeze them (they freeze beautifully), pull out a few in the morning to defrost. We make banana bread this way and then freeze the slices. The kids like the flavored cream cheese on them, but that's assuming you eat cream cheese.

Good luck!

Bridget

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Bridget in SC * Bridgethttp://sahmu.com Founder -- Come Enter Our Contest!http://GuaranteedHomeBusiness.com -- How to Work From HomeFree Information. Free Website. Free Email. Complete Training.

Guest guest

Robin, Maybe you could try celery with peanut butter, carrots and a light dressing, carrot salad, smoothies, peanut butter on tortillas, yogurt/cottage cheese, or trail mix. The list is pretty endless. You can also check out Healthy Snacks for Kids by Penny Warner. I saw it on Amazon for under 10 bucks, and it has a bunch of healthy recipes that stress the food pyramid. I do have to caution though some of the recipes do contain meat, and I am not sure how many of them are vegan if that is important to you. But these are just some things to consider.Good luck, ChrisGet your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com