IndiaDivine.org

I'm here! Hi Gayle Mexican Wedding Cakes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Donna:

Thanks... While we were making the fudge my husband went out and got her some cold pills to take.

We just finished the fudge. We made 2 kinds chocolate peppermint and one called peanut butter crunch. It has a peanut butter layer and a chocolate layer.

I can not make pie crust, it comes out tough and hard every time. No matter what I do I seem to overwork the dough.

Have a good evening.

gayle

Hi Gayle,

I hope she feels better. You know I have never had luck making fudge or candy. Hey everyone I get a "F" in that dept. I can make a mess and burn myself too...LOL I will look for my cocoa Mexican wedding cakes recipe for you. glpveg4life wrote:

Hi Donna:

You have a recipe using cocoa powder. I would love to see some of the recipes if you feel like posting some.

Sometime tonight my daughter and I still have to make the fudge for her friend. The surprise party is tomorrow night.

I think I will be making it as my daughter stayed home from school today sick and still doesn't feel great. I told her she can supervise me (lol)

Gayle"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

HI Donna:

It could be that water gets into the chocolate or you have the heat to high and it over cooks.

Making fudge is one of the few times I follow the recipe. The only thing we changed is we added peppermint instead of vanilla.

Wow the taffy must have been pretty hot. I am sorry that you burned yourself that badly.

thank you I hope she feels better soon as well.

Gayle

I can do a good crust. If I make fudge it crystalizes. What is my problem? I made taffy once and it was really pretty in the pan until I thought it was cool enough and stuck my fingers in there and pulled the skin off. I will not try to make candy again. Have a wobderful evening and hope your daughter is well soon, Donnaglpveg4life wrote:

HI Donna:

Thanks... While we were making the fudge my husband went out and got her some cold pills to take.

We just finished the fudge. We made 2 kinds chocolate peppermint and one called peanut butter crunch. It has a peanut butter layer and a chocolate layer.

I can not make pie crust, it comes out tough and hard every time. No matter what I do I seem to overwork the dough.

Have a good evening.

gayle"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

LOL! get right on that peppermint Donna!

I can see it now, peppermint olive taffy ar ar ar

hugs,

Chanda

-

glpveg4life

Friday, September 09, 2005 11:07 PM

Re: I'm here! Hi Gayle Mexican Wedding Cakes

HI Donna:

It could be that water gets into the chocolate or you have the heat to high and it over cooks.

Making fudge is one of the few times I follow the recipe. The only thing we changed is we added peppermint instead of vanilla.

Wow the taffy must have been pretty hot. I am sorry that you burned yourself that badly.

thank you I hope she feels better soon as well.

Gayle

> I can do a good crust. If I make fudge it crystalizes. What is my

> problem? I made taffy once and it was really pretty in the pan until

> I thought it was cool enough and stuck my fingers in there and pulled

> the skin off. I will not try to make candy again.

Both my mother and my mil insist that fudge cannot be made when it's

high humidity or especially, never while it's raining. That aside,

here's a great article on the chemistry of fudge... :-)

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF8/871.html

*fudgyhugs*

Amy

well we all know " it never rains in southern California, so that can't be

her problem ;OD

-

" Amy " <sandpiperhiker

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:32 AM

Re: I'm here! Hi Gayle Mexican Wedding Cakes

>> I can do a good crust. If I make fudge it crystalizes. What is my

>> problem? I made taffy once and it was really pretty in the pan until

>> I thought it was cool enough and stuck my fingers in there and pulled

>> the skin off. I will not try to make candy again.

>

> Both my mother and my mil insist that fudge cannot be made when it's

> high humidity or especially, never while it's raining. That aside,

> here's a great article on the chemistry of fudge... :-)

>

> http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF8/871.html

>

> *fudgyhugs*

> Amy