IndiaDivine.org

Chanda and pumpkin pie spice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The market will have it in the spice isle. It will say pumpkin pie spice. It's quite popular in the stores out here. I'm sure you can find it by cinnamon or if the spices are alphabetized look under "P" near dried parsley. I have a 1.12 oz. plastic container by McCormick's and a 1oz. little square plastic container by Sauer's. If you can't find it let me know and I'll toss one in the mail to you. The mixture is cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.

DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

I will let ya know.What is the pumpkin spice? what container does it come in?hugs, Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerSunday, September 11, 2005 1:31 AM Re: Pumpkin Soy Milkshake posting a recipe>> I used to get pumpkin ice cream years ago, but now I don't drink> milk or eat ice cream. I wonder I fI could do this too:>> get some vanilla soy ice cream and mash some of the pumpkin into it,> smooth it all in, ya know, I guess it will melt a bit, the refreeze it.>> I dunno...... maybe.... then I would have my pumpkin ice-cream?>> maybe not.> > Sounds reasonable, Chanda... just try it! :-)> > > > > > >

coolios! thanks Donna.

I know I will be able to get it, because the stores here are good with variety, one good thing about living in this dreadful bustling city of mine.

:o)

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:09 PM

Re: Chanda and pumpkin pie spice

The market will have it in the spice isle. It will say pumpkin pie spice. It's quite popular in the stores out here. I'm sure you can find it by cinnamon or if the spices are alphabetized look under "P" near dried parsley. I have a 1.12 oz. plastic container by McCormick's and a 1oz. little square plastic container by Sauer's. If you can't find it let me know and I'll toss one in the mail to you. The mixture is cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.

DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

I will let ya know.What is the pumpkin spice? what container does it come in?hugs, Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerSunday, September 11, 2005 1:31 AM Re: Pumpkin Soy Milkshake posting a recipe>> I used to get pumpkin ice cream years ago, but now I don't drink> milk or eat ice cream. I wonder I fI could do this too:>> get some vanilla soy ice cream and mash some of the pumpkin into it,> smooth it all in, ya know, I guess it will melt a bit, the refreeze it.>> I dunno...... maybe.... then I would have my pumpkin ice-cream?>> maybe not.> > Sounds reasonable, Chanda... just try it! :-)> > > > > > >

from back when I had no extra bucks for purchasing just one more spice, I've

been

making my own pumpkin pie spice... ( a little of this a little of that...) I

think i have it

written in my boook and will look later, but I googled and found the following

'make

your own pumpking pie mix' variations...

Mix 1/4 cup of cinnamon with 4 teaspoons of ground ginger and 2 teaspoons of

nutmeg

Mix 1/4 cup cinnamon with 1 tablespoon each of ground ginger, nutmeg, and ground

cloves

Mix 1/4 cup cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of ground ginger and 1 tablespoon each

of

nutmeg and ground cloves

Mix 2 tablespoons each of cinnamon and ground ginger with 1 tablespoon ground

nutmeg and 1 teaspoon ground allspice

I hope that helps!

=)

jenni