OT: lunchbox idea for Gina

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow! At least you found out what the problem was! My daughter was

the same way. She was on Soy formula because she did not tolerate

regular formula. The first week or so all she did was cry until we

switched!

I appreciate any help I can get! This is a very large subject area

and it affects a large amount of our food supply today.

Preservatives and anything man amde scares me. I just think there

are some things we were not meant to tamper with and food is one of

them.

I also use regular cows milk in recipes.. I am not real fond of how

soy milk taste. My daughter likes the vanilla one, but that is it.

I am really at a lose for nutritional info and how to meet her needs

with the foods that are out there. I was thinking maybe I should

take a nutrition class or something like that.

, purplepassion

<thelilacflower> wrote:

> Hi Gina,

> It's wonderful you have studied ingredients on the boxed and

packaged food items.

> I probably would have been diagnosed with ADD but not the

depression part as a child back then. I needed a seatbelt to stay

in my seat at school. I'm very hpyer still and sleep little. I

craved sugar as a child but my mother never let me have it. I wish

you daughter well. She has a very loving and concerned Mom and I

know as you change her diet around and work with her she will

improve. Just ask for help in here and we will find you recipes and

answers.

> I use milk when cooking but it's usually 1/3 cup or some some

small ingredient of the baked goods but I usually bake with the soy

milk and everything turns out fine. I can get away with a little

parmesan on top of spaghetti or aged cheddar. I try to use " Vegan

Gourmet " as an alternative as it does have a great taste and it

melts also. I never knew I had cow's milk allergy until I had a

patch test done for all sinus and allergies. Mom told me I was fed

rice and soy based formulas or I would cry for hours but then again

they never knew about milk allergies and it's only been 10 yrs.

since I was diagnosed and who would think the ENT doctor would be

able to find what bothered my stomach.LOL I knew the milk products

bothered my stomach but of course I would eat a huge chunk of

cheesecake and suffer for hours after. If I took the lactaid

capsules they didn't help. Was good knowing it is an allergy and not

an intolerance so I try to avoid cheese. AND!!! My sinus problems

have cleared

> up and I don't have to use a nasal spray or take a prescription

drug anymore.

> Happy Sunday to you, Donna

>

> Keltic Girl <aithneelecktra> wrote:

> HI Donna!

> Yes, it all helps. I have been at a lose recently. My daughter

was also diagnosed with ADD/depression. So, I have been changing

her diet ever since. I must admit I was a box meal person for quite

a while and when I realized there was so much articifial who knows

what in them, I stopped using them. That came first, then I went

after the artificial colors and sugars. And of course, she loved

things like fruit roll-ups, etc... that say and lead people to

believe they are good when they, infact, are loaded with artificial

stuff and tons of sugar and very little real fruit.

>

> We also don't drink milk. I have my own issues with milk in

general. It seems to me that every creature on earth only drinks

milk (their mother's milk) for the first year of life. After that,

it is solid food and no milk. So, I am not real sure why there is a

push to give cows milk to the children after age 1. Just my little

quirk, I guess.

>

> I think it is a good thing that we have changed her eating habits

because it has transformed ours as well. We were all forced to

change our habits. We could not afford to make 2 seperate menus

daily. It would be crazy!!

> Have a great day!

> Gina

>

>

>

>

> " In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;

> Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.

> I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;

> Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel "

> Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

>

>

> for Good

> Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert

I remember my youngest daughter had the same problem once I quit breast feeding her (many years ago, she is 14 now). She was about 5 months old and the dr. kept saying it was colic. I never had these problems with my first born, so I took the dr. at her word...for about 2 weeks. poor thing, she couldn't tolerate anything. She'd cry and get sick. So on a hunch, I switched her to soy formula. She outgrew it when she was 4, but she hates milk now (but not cheese or any other dairy) BTW, my name is Kim. Great group here. Hi Chanda!aithneelecktra <aithneelecktra wrote:

Wow! At least you found out what the problem was! My daughter was the same way. She was on Soy formula because she did not tolerate regular formula. The first week or so all she did was cry until we switched! I appreciate any help I can get! This is a very large subject area and it affects a large amount of our food supply today. Preservatives and anything man amde scares me. I just think there are some things we were not meant to tamper with and food is one of them. I also use regular cows milk in recipes.. I am not real fond of how soy milk taste. My daughter likes the vanilla one, but that is it. I am really at a lose for nutritional info and how to meet her needs with the foods that are out there. I was thinking maybe I should take a nutrition class or

something like that. , purplepassion <thelilacflower> wrote:> Hi Gina,> It's wonderful you have studied ingredients on the boxed and packaged food items. > I probably would have been diagnosed with ADD but not the depression part as a child back then. I needed a seatbelt to stay in my seat at school. I'm very hpyer still and sleep little. I craved sugar as a child but my mother never let me have it. I wish you daughter well. She has a very loving and concerned Mom and I know as you change her diet around and work with her she will improve. Just ask for help in here and we will find you recipes and answers. > I use milk when cooking but it's usually 1/3 cup or some some small ingredient of the baked goods but I usually bake with the soy milk and everything turns out fine. I can get away with a little parmesan

on top of spaghetti or aged cheddar. I try to use "Vegan Gourmet" as an alternative as it does have a great taste and it melts also. I never knew I had cow's milk allergy until I had a patch test done for all sinus and allergies. Mom told me I was fed rice and soy based formulas or I would cry for hours but then again they never knew about milk allergies and it's only been 10 yrs. since I was diagnosed and who would think the ENT doctor would be able to find what bothered my stomach.LOL I knew the milk products bothered my stomach but of course I would eat a huge chunk of cheesecake and suffer for hours after. If I took the lactaid capsules they didn't help. Was good knowing it is an allergy and not an intolerance so I try to avoid cheese. AND!!! My sinus problems have cleared> up and I don't have to use a nasal spray or take a prescription drug anymore. > Happy Sunday

to you, Donna> > Keltic Girl <aithneelecktra> wrote:> HI Donna!> Yes, it all helps. I have been at a lose recently. My daughter was also diagnosed with ADD/depression. So, I have been changing her diet ever since. I must admit I was a box meal person for quite a while and when I realized there was so much articifial who knows what in them, I stopped using them. That came first, then I went after the artificial colors and sugars. And of course, she loved things like fruit roll-ups, etc... that say and lead people to believe they are good when they, infact, are loaded with artificial stuff and tons of sugar and very little real fruit. > > We also don't drink milk. I have my own issues with milk in general. It seems to me that every creature on earth only drinks milk (their mother's milk) for the first year of life. After

that, it is solid food and no milk. So, I am not real sure why there is a push to give cows milk to the children after age 1. Just my little quirk, I guess.> > I think it is a good thing that we have changed her eating habits because it has transformed ours as well. We were all forced to change our habits. We could not afford to make 2 seperate menus daily. It would be crazy!!> Have a great day!> Gina> > > > > "In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;> Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.> I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;> Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"> Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan> > > for

Good> Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert

Hugs, Kim

Owner

Kims Sim Living

Check out our sister sites, too!

Mum-Kay Simz 2

Karr's Kustom (re)Kolored Kreations

Hi Kim!

so glad you joined!

hugs,

Chanda

-

Kim Greetham

Monday, September 12, 2005 4:51 AM

Re: OT: Re: lunchbox idea for Gina

I remember my youngest daughter had the same problem once I quit breast feeding her (many years ago, she is 14 now). She was about 5 months old and the dr. kept saying it was colic. I never had these problems with my first born, so I took the dr. at her word...for about 2 weeks. poor thing, she couldn't tolerate anything. She'd cry and get sick. So on a hunch, I switched her to soy formula. She outgrew it when she was 4, but she hates milk now (but not cheese or any other dairy) BTW, my name is Kim. Great group here. Hi Chanda!aithneelecktra <aithneelecktra wrote: Wow! At least you found out what the problem was! My daughter was the same way. She was on Soy formula because she did not tolerate regular formula. The first week or so all she did was cry until we switched! I appreciate any help I can get! This is a very large subject area and it affects a large amount of our food supply today. Preservatives and anything man amde scares me. I just think there are some things we were not meant to tamper with and food is one of them. I also use regular cows milk in recipes.. I am not real fond of how soy milk taste. My daughter likes the vanilla one, but that is it. I am really at a lose for nutritional info and how to meet her needs with the foods that are out there. I was thinking maybe I should take a nutrition class or something like that. , purplepassion <thelilacflower> wrote:> Hi Gina,> It's wonderful you have studied ingredients on the boxed and packaged food items. > I probably would have been diagnosed with ADD but not the depression part as a child back then. I needed a seatbelt to stay in my seat at school. I'm very hpyer still and sleep little. I craved sugar as a child but my mother never let me have it. I wish you daughter well. She has a very loving and concerned Mom and I know as you change her diet around and work with her she will improve. Just ask for help in here and we will find you recipes and answers. > I use milk when cooking but it's usually 1/3 cup or some some small ingredient of the baked goods but I usually bake with the soy milk and everything turns out fine. I can get away with a little parmesan on top of spaghetti or aged cheddar. I try to use "Vegan Gourmet" as an alternative as it does have a great taste and it melts also. I never knew I had cow's milk allergy until I had a patch test done for all sinus and allergies. Mom told me I was fed rice and soy based formulas or I would cry for hours but then again they never knew about milk allergies and it's only been 10 yrs. since I was diagnosed and who would think the ENT doctor would be able to find what bothered my stomach.LOL I knew the milk products bothered my stomach but of course I would eat a huge chunk of cheesecake and suffer for hours after. If I took the lactaid capsules they didn't help. Was good knowing it is an allergy and not an intolerance so I try to avoid cheese. AND!!! My sinus problems have cleared> up and I don't have to use a nasal spray or take a prescription drug anymore. > Happy Sunday to you, Donna> > Keltic Girl <aithneelecktra> wrote:> HI Donna!> Yes, it all helps. I have been at a lose recently. My daughter was also diagnosed with ADD/depression. So, I have been changing her diet ever since. I must admit I was a box meal person for quite a while and when I realized there was so much articifial who knows what in them, I stopped using them. That came first, then I went after the artificial colors and sugars. And of course, she loved things like fruit roll-ups, etc... that say and lead people to believe they are good when they, infact, are loaded with artificial stuff and tons of sugar and very little real fruit. > > We also don't drink milk. I have my own issues with milk in general. It seems to me that every creature on earth only drinks milk (their mother's milk) for the first year of life. After that, it is solid food and no milk. So, I am not real sure why there is a push to give cows milk to the children after age 1. Just my little quirk, I guess.> > I think it is a good thing that we have changed her eating habits because it has transformed ours as well. We were all forced to change our habits. We could not afford to make 2 seperate menus daily. It would be crazy!!> Have a great day!> Gina> > > > > "In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;> Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.> I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;> Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"> Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan> > > for Good> Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert

Hugs, Kim

Owner

Kims Sim Living

Check out our sister sites, too!

Mum-Kay Simz 2

Karr's Kustom (re)Kolored Kreations