IndiaDivine.org

Chanda?? eggs??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and cooking.........DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??hugs,Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerThursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM Re: Chanda?? eggs??>> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get>> it, LOL>> Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> it or use applesauce....>> Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...>>>>>>>>

goodie goodie goodie!!! I will get it!

and I am looking into buying a hen. LOL, for real.

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:24 AM

Chanda?? eggs??

You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and cooking.........DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote: Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??hugs,Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerThursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM Re: Chanda?? eggs??>> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get>> it, LOL>> Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> it or use applesauce....>> Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...>>>>>>>>

OK is that going to be Henrietta the Hen? LOL I believe you! PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Chanda?? eggs??

You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and cooking.........DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote: Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??hugs,Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerThursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM Re: Chanda?? eggs??>> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get>> it, LOL>> Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> it or use applesauce....>> Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> specifics as I've only just started trying this

stuff...>>>>>>>>

no. I think I will call her Cmos

-

purplepassion

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:39 AM

Re: Chanda?? eggs??

OK is that going to be Henrietta the Hen? LOL I believe you! PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Chanda?? eggs??

You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and cooking.........DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote: Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??hugs,Chanda- "Amy" <sandpiperhikerThursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM Re: Chanda?? eggs??>> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get>> it, LOL>> Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> it or use applesauce....>> Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...>>>>>>>>

> You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I

> can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and

> cooking.........Donna

The egg replacer (ie, no eggs in it) is Ener-G Egg Replacer, in a box.

Deb-el makes a short canister or dried egg, whole or just whites, as

well.

LOL I always wanted to name a pet Cmos, here is my chance.

-

" Amy " <sandpiperhiker

Friday, September 16, 2005 10:58 AM

>> no. I think I will call her Cmos

>

> *rotfl*

>

This may have already been discussed... but I've been gone.. so ignore

me if this is old news! LOL

I usually use a flax meal egg to replace a couple of eggs in baking!

if only one egg is needed, sometimes i just omit it.

=)

jenni

On Friday, September 16, 2005, at 09:08 AM, PuterWitch wrote:

> goodie goodie goodie!!! I will get it!

> and I am looking into buying a hen. LOL, for real.

> hugs,

> Chanda

>

> -

> purplepassion

>

> Friday, September 16, 2005 8:24 AM

> Chanda?? eggs??

>

> You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I

> can't remember the name off hand.  It's used for baking and

> cooking.........Donna

>

> PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

>

> Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??

> hugs,

> Chanda

> -

> " Amy " <sandpiperhiker

>

> Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM

> Re: Chanda?? eggs??

>

>

> >> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get

> >> it, LOL

> >

> > Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg

> > replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without

> > it or use applesauce....

> >

> > Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the

> > specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

I bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill flaxseed flour a couple weeks ago and have been using it in EVERYTHING...veg mixes on top of the stove, cookies, bread, in my homemade Muesli cereal mix that my dh devours (and now will not eat any other bought cereal, Yay!), and also as a substitute for eggs. One quarter cup per two eggs, I believe. Julie has another idea on substitutions with flaxseed meal, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Julie?

As well, you certainly can use applesauce in place of eggs, as Jenni says; I've done that twice now. Once because I had to and the second time because the baked thingie was so much more moist with the applesauce!

Bron

On 9/19/05, Jenni Billings <jenni wrote:

This may have already been discussed... but I've been gone.. so ignoreme if this is old news! LOL

I usually use a flax meal egg to replace a couple of eggs in baking!if only one egg is needed, sometimes i just omit it.=)jenniOn Friday, September 16, 2005, at 09:08 AM, PuterWitch wrote:> goodie goodie goodie!!! I will get it!

> and I am looking into buying a hen. LOL, for real.> hugs,> Chanda>> -> purplepassion>

> Friday, September 16, 2005 8:24 AM> Chanda?? eggs??>> You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I

> can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and> cooking.........Donna>> PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:>> Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods??

> hugs,> Chanda> -> " Amy " <sandpiperhiker> <

>> Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:14 PM> Re: Chanda?? eggs??>>> >> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get

> >> it, LOL> >> > Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> > replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> > it or use applesauce....

> >> > Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> > specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...> >> >> >> >> >

> >> >> >

here it is.

at a ratio of 3 to 1 in baked goods. For example, 1-1/3 cups of flaxseed meal can replace 1/2 cup butter, margarine or cooking oil in a recipe. *baked goods substituting flaxseed meal for cooking oil tend to brown more rapidly. This was exciting news for me as I know the power of health flaxseed can bring!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Copied from a package of Bob's red mill.

Julie

I bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill flaxseed flour a couple weeks ago and have been using it in EVERYTHING...veg mixes on top of the stove, cookies, bread, in my homemade Muesli cereal mix that my dh devours (and now will not eat any other bought cereal, Yay!), and also as a substitute for eggs. One quarter cup per two eggs, I believe. Julie has another idea on substitutions with flaxseed meal, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Julie?

As well, you certainly can use applesauce in place of eggs, as Jenni says; I've done that twice now. Once because I had to and the second time because the baked thingie was so much more moist with the applesauce!

BronThis may have already been discussed... but I've been gone.. so ignoreme if this is old news! LOLI usually use a flax meal egg to replace a couple of eggs in baking!if only one egg is needed, sometimes i just omit it.=)jenniOn Friday, September 16, 2005, at 09:08 AM, PuterWitch wrote:> goodie goodie goodie!!! I will get it! > and I am looking into buying a hen. LOL, for real.> hugs,> Chanda>> > You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I > can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and> cooking.........Donna>> > Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods?? > hugs,> Chanda> > >> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get > >> it, LOL> >> > Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> > replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without> > it or use applesauce.... > >> > Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> > specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...> >> >> >> >> > > >> >> >

Thanks, Julie. I'm going to be brave and try this in your apple muffin recipe. I still haven't been able to make it because our Publix has been out of muffin liners. Boo hoo! and I refuse to buy Pam just for this one use...call me Mrs. Scrooge...LOL

Bron

On 9/20/05, Julie Braswell <abnjb wrote:

here it is.

at a ratio of 3 to 1 in baked goods. For example, 1-1/3 cups of

flaxseed meal can replace 1/2 cup butter, margarine or cooking oil in

a recipe. *baked goods substituting flaxseed meal for cooking oil tend

to brown more rapidly.

This was exciting news for me as I know the power of health flaxseed

can bring!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Copied from a package of Bob's red mill.

Julie

BronThis may have already been discussed... but I've been gone.. so ignoreme if this is old news! LOLI usually use a flax meal egg to replace a couple of eggs in baking!if only one egg is needed, sometimes i just omit it.

=)jenniOn Friday, September 16, 2005, at 09:08 AM, PuterWitch wrote:> goodie goodie goodie!!! I will get it! > and I am looking into buying a hen. LOL, for real.> hugs,> Chanda

>> > You sure can and they have a dried egg replacer in a box also but I > can't remember the name off hand. It's used for baking and> cooking.........Donna>

> > Donna, can I get the Ener-G-egg at whole foods?? > hugs,> Chanda>

> >> PS what do you use for egg substitute in recipes and where can I get > >> it, LOL> >> > Not Jenni, but I use flax (ground flax & water) or Ener-G egg> > replacer, or often if the recipe has only one egg, you can by without

> > it or use applesauce.... > >> > Some ideas anyway... Jenni would certainly know more about the> > specifics as I've only just started trying this stuff...> >> >

> >> >> > > >> >> >

> Thanks, Julie. I'm going to be brave and try this in your apple muffin

> recipe. I still haven't been able to make it because our Publix has

> been out of muffin liners. Boo hoo! and I refuse to buy Pam just for

> this one use...call me Mrs. Scrooge...LOL

> Bron

Hey, Bron, I just saw and am considering in the Baker's Catalogue (the

King Arthur shopping) - they now have silicone muffin liners! You can

just keep reusing them over and over - no paper to throw away.

BTW, I have an oil sprayer, you fill with your oil, and pump... it

comes out like an aerosol. I use that rather than buy things like Pam.

ok Mrs. Scrooge

-

" Amy " <sandpiperhiker

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:08 PM

>> Thanks, Julie. I'm going to be brave and try this in your apple muffin

>> recipe. I still haven't been able to make it because our Publix has

>> been out of muffin liners. Boo hoo! and I refuse to buy Pam just for

>> this one use...call me Mrs. Scrooge...LOL

>> Bron

>

> Hey, Bron, I just saw and am considering in the Baker's Catalogue (the

> King Arthur shopping) - they now have silicone muffin liners! You can

> just keep reusing them over and over - no paper to throw away.

>

> BTW, I have an oil sprayer, you fill with your oil, and pump... it

> comes out like an aerosol. I use that rather than buy things like Pam.

>

Does anyone know if the silicone leeches into the food? I am wanting to know this b/c I have been interested in buying some.

thanks,

Julie

Oh yeah, I will not buy Pam anymore because I read the label and it has propellant in it!!!! I will go back to my pump oil sprayer for sure!

Julie

> Thanks, Julie. I'm going to be brave and try this in your apple muffin > recipe. I still haven't been able to make it because our Publix has > been out of muffin liners. Boo hoo! and I refuse to buy Pam just for > this one use...call me Mrs. Scrooge...LOL> BronHey, Bron, I just saw and am considering in the Baker's Catalogue (theKing Arthur shopping) - they now have silicone muffin liners! You canjust keep reusing them over and over - no paper to throw away.BTW, I have an oil sprayer, you fill with your oil, and pump... itcomes out like an aerosol. I use that rather than buy things like Pam.