IndiaDivine.org

Vegetarian Gelling Agents - Donna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I haven't tried to find agar yet. But I'm sure it is at our local health store. I was a little afraid to use it, but after reading Amy's informational web site, I feel better. Plus, I need to find some recipes. I saw the cookbook you recommended to Jenni for desserts on amazon. I wrote it down on my wish list. My wish list is getting long. . .

Jennpurplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:

LOL I always wondered about that also. It will be called agar on one package and agar agar one the next. Same products.

I love cooking with sea vegatables. Can you find agar is your area???? DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

Thank you for the information. I needed to learn about Agar agar. Does anyone know why the name is repeated twice? Just a silly question and I'm not sure if anyone has an answer.

JennAmy <sandpiperhiker wrote:

I found an awesome info sheet online about various vegetarian gellingagents... check out this page if you want to know how to use them:http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gelling.html*nonjellohugs*Amy

Jenn, sea veggies are full of nutrients. I will send you the name of my sea vegetable cookbook when I get home. You have to add it to your list. I have years of experience in using sea vegetables. You wouldn't believe how a dask of kelp crushed kelp or kelp powder will transform tofu into a faux tuna salad. If you can find the nori sushi wrapper you can take scissors and cut the sheet into teeny pieces if you can't find kelp powder. I'll make myself a note right now to send the book title. If you can't find agar at the health food store then try an Asian market. Hopefully you have one in your area. (:- ))) DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

Hi. I haven't tried to find agar yet. But I'm sure it is at our local health store. I was a little afraid to use it, but after reading Amy's informational web site, I feel better. Plus, I need to find some recipes. I saw the cookbook you recommended to Jenni for desserts on amazon. I wrote it down on my wish list. My wish list is getting long. . .

LOL I always wondered about that also. It will be called agar on one package and agar agar one the next. Same products.

I love cooking with sea vegatables. Can you find agar is your area???? DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

Thank you for the information. I needed to learn about Agar agar. Does anyone know why the name is repeated twice? Just a silly question and I'm not sure if anyone has an answer.

I found an awesome info sheet online about various vegetarian gellingagents... check out this page if you want to know how to use them:http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gelling.html*nonjellohugs*Amy

Thank you for getting the name of your cookbook. I want to try sea vegetables. Troy isn't too keen on it. Apparently he dated a girl. . .

The people who own the Asian Market we frequent live across the street. I will ask him if I can't find the Agar agar.

Gotta run. Quizzing Brandan on his vocab words. Jenn :)purplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:

Jenn, sea veggies are full of nutrients. I will send you the name of my sea vegetable cookbook when I get home. You have to add it to your list. I have years of experience in using sea vegetables. You wouldn't believe how a dask of kelp crushed kelp or kelp powder will transform tofu into a faux tuna salad. If you can find the nori sushi wrapper you can take scissors and cut the sheet into teeny pieces if you can't find kelp powder. I'll make myself a note right now to send the book title. If you can't find agar at the health food store then try an Asian market. Hopefully you have one in your area. (:- ))) DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote: