IndiaDivine.org

Denise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thanks for the info. I had no idea our state had such legislation.

we've been stuck in the homeschool/special education mode for the last

4 years and worked on laws for it--do not get me started on this

topic : ) so there isn't much else in my brain : ). time for some more

education it seems : ).

I have never particularly cared for confinements even in omnivore

days and right now it's incredibly difficult driving past them on a

daily basis. My son has decided he's an " herbivore " rather than a

vegetarian which most of us get a kick out of. He's very big into

animals--read obssession (Asperger's/Tourette's)--and has very

definite opinions about a lot of things. thankfully the school doesn't

make an issue out of kids' eating habits--there is usually a veg

option and salad bar where they can get all the fruit/veggies they

want. so it's not too bad yet.

I've been to that one HyVee you are talking about and it was quite

cool. I've heard of Campbell's Nutrition and that is where I plan on

going. I may have to check out the other places you mentioned. I

really liked New Pioneer Coop in Iowa City but I don't see the

cardiologist there anymore with insurance changes so Des Moines is it.

I could still make Iowa City trips though I suppose if I left right

after dropping kids at school. hmmmmm...I am more familiar with Iowa

City than any other bigger town. Is Campbell's Nutrition pretty neat?

their website looks neat. you may have to educate me some more about

this state it seems or point me in direction of researching some

info : ). I like a good challenge : ). thanks again for all the

info : )....................

Anne

PS--hubby coming around a little--he " almost " ordered a veggie burger

today : ). he at least considered it : )...

Hi. Thanks for the link. I'm going to look at it when I get a chance. No, I wasn't a vegeterian when I was pregnant for the girls. And you are right about other pregnant women. I have a confession. . . I ate a lot of sugar puffed rice cereal. Now tell me, how healthy was that? It was funny when I would eat it before a non-stress test. Anna would be jumping around so much. But my relaxing Lilly would hardly budge. . .

Get some rest. Is this your first baby? How far along are you, if I may ask?

Jenn organic_homestead <organic_homestead wrote:

Yes, my midwife had concerns that since I don't know the sex of thebaby, I shouldn't eat too much soy. There have been some studies toshow that soy can have detrimental effects on males. I don't know howsolid this research is, though, and there are so many other ways toget complete proteins, that her concerns do not alarm me. Check outthis link for serving size and menu suggestions for a vegetarianpregnancy diet:http://www.pcrm.org/health/Info_on_Veg_Diets/pregnancy.htmlAlso, I don't know if any of this Round-Up Ready soy is used for humanconsumption, I don't think it is. It's mostly a concern that they arespraying round-up into the air and it is getting into our groundsource water and it DOESN'T bio-degrade as quickly as Monsanto makeseveryone believe.I know lots of people who have had very healthy pregancies, births

andchildren by being vegetarian the whole way through. There are so manymore important nutrients you need besides protein, that eating avegetarian diet will give you.How can our diets be any less than the pregnant women who live on fastfood? It's amazing the crap some women eat when they are pregnant andthey have healthy babies.Were you a vegetarian before or after your twins were born?Denise , Jennifer wrote:> Denise -> > Thanks for your response. I was hoping you would. Didn't yourdietician advise you to get protein from other sources beside soy? Just curious because I am getting some flack from my mom. I have twoembryos left from invetro and Troy and I plan on using them after thetwins turn one. Mom has been urging me to eat m*t when I am pregnant(if the IVF works). Troy and I are against that. That is part of thereason this

woman's thoughts struck a cord with me. Plus, I want tomake sure my girls are okay. > > Maybe I will get the book and read up on it. I have beenresearching some of the arguements. It really saddens me to hear thewords "round up ready" from you, though. I need to find a web sitewith protein requirements for the genders and make sure we get enoughfrom lots of sources.> > Take care!> > Jenn