IndiaDivine.org

Hello Group Hu JUlie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the nice introduction and a warm welcome into the group. I'll bet if you cook up a few dishes from our recipe files hubby will try them. I have my fingers crossed.....Donna

Julie Braswell <abnjb wrote:

Hi all,

I am a newbie too. I am Julie and trying to go vegetarian. I have a resistant hubby and having a hard time. Meat just does not taste nor look good to me anymore. I am a registered nurse, mother of two kids and married 9 years to a wonderful man. I love my animals and love to cook and eat. Look forward to learning from this group.

Julie

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

thanks Donna!

Julie

-

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the nice introduction and a warm welcome into the group. I'll bet if you cook up a few dishes from our recipe files hubby will try them. I have my fingers crossed.....Donna

Hi all,

I am a newbie too. I am Julie and trying to go vegetarian. I have a resistant hubby and having a hard time. Meat just does not taste nor look good to me anymore. I am a registered nurse, mother of two kids and married 9 years to a wonderful man. I love my animals and love to cook and eat. Look forward to learning from this group.

Julie

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

Hi Julie. :>)

I saw something similar to this saying on a veg site the other night, and it has really stuck with me, deep down:

Why do you say you love your pets

And then love eating pets' friends for dinner?

Whoa buddy. That is PROFOUND.

Glad to see you here, too, Julie--

Hugs,

Bron

I hope we can retrain your hubby too. I'll ask mine for ideas on the subject!

On 9/19/05, Julie Braswell <abnjb wrote:

thanks Donna!

Julie

-

Hi Julie,

Hi all,

Julie

" In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;

Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel " Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

That is exactly right. My kids and I have had this conversation before. We have talked about what if we had a pet cow or chicken, could we eat that type meat again. The answer was no. It is something to think about.

Julie

I saw something similar to this saying on a veg site the other night, and it has really stuck with me, deep down:

Hugs,

Bron

thanks Donna!

Julie

-

Hi Julie,

Hi all,

Julie

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

I have said to the family that if they eat "beef" they should just eat dog or cat, what is the difference?

I talk, they do not hear me.

-

Julie Braswell

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:12 AM

Re: Hello Group Hu JUlie

That is exactly right. My kids and I have had this conversation before. We have talked about what if we had a pet cow or chicken, could we eat that type meat again. The answer was no. It is something to think about.

Julie

Hugs,

Bron

thanks Donna!

Julie

-

Hi Julie,

Hi all,

Julie

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

Probably that's the reason why we don't hear of " cow " burgers, but rather " Ham " burgers. " Ham " is not personalized, whereas " cow " sure is!

:(

Bron

On 9/20/05, PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

I have said to the family that if they eat " beef " they should just eat dog or cat, what is the difference?

I talk, they do not hear me.

-

Julie Braswell

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:12 AM

Julie

Hugs,

Bron

thanks Donna!

Julie

-

Hi Julie,

Hi all,

Julie

" In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel " Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

and where does this word beef come from, and this word ham. I mean chicken

is chicken and turkey is turkey and duck is duck and fish is fish, why are

cow and pig terms cushioned?

AND AND, I think of all you guys when I hear this commercial for Boston

Market, it drives me insane, have you ever heard it, it goes, " eat steak eat

steak eat a big ol' steer.... "

arrrggggggghhhhhhhh.

hugs,

Chanda

-

" Amy " <sandpiperhiker

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:03 PM

> Actually, the word " hamburger " is from Hamburg, Germany, where that

> type of meat was first made popular.

>

> But anyway... it's still beef! Never ham!