IndiaDivine.org

Veggies Okra patties

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jenn,

Take a pound of okra and wash it. Cut off the ends and boil for 5 moniutes. Rinse and cool. Take your kitchen scissors and cut in bits. Add one beaten egg, finely chopped celery and onion, spices, breadcrumbs and fry into patties. They are really good. I doubt you will not like these. DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

My mom used to put okra in the soups she would make. Yuck. I do need to try it, again. I'm trying to eat veggies that I never used. I've cooked beets last week. Bought brussel sprouts and threw them away before I tried them. This week I picked up an artichoke. I do like artichoke, just don't know how to cook it. I think tonight is eggplant. Mom served it to us this summer and we love it. I've made quite a few things with eggplant. :) Now, okra and brussel sprouts, I'm afraid of. . . .

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Jennpurplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:

Hi Jenn,

Take a pound of okra and wash it. Cut off the ends and boil for 5 moniutes. Rinse and cool. Take your kitchen scissors and cut in bits. Add one beaten egg, finely chopped celery and onion, spices, breadcrumbs and fry into patties. They are really good. I doubt you will not like these. DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

My mom used to put okra in the soups she would make. Yuck. I do need to try it, again. I'm trying to eat veggies that I never used. I've cooked beets last week. Bought brussel sprouts and threw them away before I tried them. This week I picked up an artichoke. I do like artichoke, just don't know how to cook it. I think tonight is eggplant. Mom served it to us this summer and we love it. I've made quite a few things with eggplant. :) Now, okra and brussel sprouts, I'm afraid of. . . .

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

My Mom hates okra and she loves these. I tell her they are made with diced fresh green beans..........LOL She eats a patty once every week or so........hehehe Now that I cook for her I do the same thing she did to me as a kid..............hehehehe It's all for her health! Hugs, DonnaJennifer <jj_73molly wrote:

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. "In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

she's fibbing, she will not

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:50 AM

Re: Veggies Okra patties

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

You know Chanda, you crack me up. Cuz I was really thinking, thanks Donna, but I'm really not too sure about this. Again, I feel the texture of that hairy vegetable in my mouth. . . Oh great, now you all with think I'm crazy. But I will try it. I'm always looking for a great burger. I really don't care for boca burgers. I need something flavorable to eat or my mind will crave more food. That's when I overeat and get into trouble (with myself). If something tastes great, I walk away from the table satisifed and am less likely to prowl around the house for something. . .anything. JennPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

<tapping foot><hands on hips>

I'm waiting........ ?? do tell how they were.

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:18 AM

You know Chanda, you crack me up. Cuz I was really thinking, thanks Donna, but I'm really not too sure about this. Again, I feel the texture of that hairy vegetable in my mouth. . . Oh great, now you all with think I'm crazy. But I will try it. I'm always looking for a great burger. I really don't care for boca burgers. I need something flavorable to eat or my mind will crave more food. That's when I overeat and get into trouble (with myself). If something tastes great, I walk away from the table satisifed and am less likely to prowl around the house for something. . .anything. JennPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

I made them last night and Mom just loves them. She can't stand okra otherwise......LOL I have one for lunch to eat on a toasted bun. They are good, come on and try them Chanda!!!!!PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

ech hem.... I believe I was talking to Jenn....

<tapping foot faster now>

-

purplepassion

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:03 PM

I made them last night and Mom just loves them. She can't stand okra otherwise......LOL I have one for lunch to eat on a toasted bun. They are good, come on and try them Chanda!!!!!PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

Come on, Jenn will try them. (:- )))) DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

-

purplepassion

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

yeah well I don't hear her

<tapping foot even faster> <hands on hips>

<mean look on face>

-

purplepassion

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:46 AM

-

purplepassion

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,

well if it's hair she doesn't like she is probably gagging on the artichokes right now! I hope somebody told her to take out the 'choke' before she ate it.

Wendywoo

- PuterWitch

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:51 PM

yeah well I don't hear her

<tapping foot even faster> <hands on hips>

<mean look on face>

-

purplepassion

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:46 AM

-

purplepassion

<still waiting>

hugs,

Chanda

-

Jennifer

tee hee

-

Jennifer

Donna

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hi Jenn,