IndiaDivine.org

Israeli Couscous Salad Hi Chanda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

this isn't like couscous at all. It's big like that Thai bubble drink ball thingy. It looks like the acini de pepe. Really makes a good quick meal. Try this recipe with acini or orzo but leave out the olives and put in mushrooms since you don't like olives. (: -)))) DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

yes I have used orzo in it's place many times. Orzo is a fine sub. Couscous would be a bit different I think. I don't like couscous as much as orzo, cause I guess orzo is more like pasta where couscous is more like rice to me. :o)

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

GROUP

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:39 AM

Israeli Couscous Salad recipe post vegan (this is my dinner tonight)

Israeli Couscous is considerably bigger than regular couscous. (any middle eastern store carries it and some markets in the ethnic food isle). You can sub with acini de pepe also if you can't find this type couscous or orzo works also.

Israeli Couscous Salad

Ingredients:1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous1/4 cup real lemon juice1/4-1/2 cup olive oil2 cups roughly cut baby spinach1 can of artichoke hearts, drained,and chopped or jarred drained and chopped 1 cup kalamata olives chopped or black olives chopped

1 tomato chopped

2 green onions chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Cook the couscous approx. 12-14 minutes in water that has come to a boiland then simmer. It has a tendency to boil over - more than regularpasta/rice type products. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Add therest of the ingredients, and refrigerate forat least one hour before serving. It is WONDERFUL!"We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

no I was saying that if a can't get acini de pepe then orzo is a better sub than couscous.

Don't make me get ugly Donna!

LOL!

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:12 AM

Re: Israeli Couscous Salad Hi Chanda

this isn't like couscous at all. It's big like that Thai bubble drink ball thingy. It looks like the acini de pepe. Really makes a good quick meal. Try this recipe with acini or orzo but leave out the olives and put in mushrooms since you don't like olives. (: -)))) DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

yes I have used orzo in it's place many times. Orzo is a fine sub. Couscous would be a bit different I think. I don't like couscous as much as orzo, cause I guess orzo is more like pasta where couscous is more like rice to me. :o)

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

GROUP

Israeli Couscous is considerably bigger than regular couscous. (any middle eastern store carries it and some markets in the ethnic food isle). You can sub with acini de pepe also if you can't find this type couscous or orzo works also.

Israeli Couscous Salad

Ingredients:1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous1/4 cup real lemon juice1/4-1/2 cup olive oil2 cups roughly cut baby spinach1 can of artichoke hearts, drained,and chopped or jarred drained and chopped 1 cup kalamata olives chopped or black olives chopped

1 tomato chopped

2 green onions chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Cook the couscous approx. 12-14 minutes in water that has come to a boiland then simmer. It has a tendency to boil over - more than regularpasta/rice type products. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Add therest of the ingredients, and refrigerate forat least one hour before serving. It is WONDERFUL!"We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

OK I don't want to get beat with your noodle............hahaha

Hugs to my pal, DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

no I was saying that if a can't get acini de pepe then orzo is a better sub than couscous.

Don't make me get ugly Donna!

LOL!

hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:12 AM

Re: Israeli Couscous Salad Hi Chanda

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

GROUP

Israeli Couscous Salad

1 tomato chopped

2 green onions chopped

salt and pepper to taste

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

> this isn't like couscous at all. It's big like that Thai bubble drink

> ball thingy. It looks like the acini de pepe. Really makes a good

> quick meal. Try this recipe with acini or orzo but leave out the

> olives and put in mushrooms since you don't like olives.

Ya know, when I visited my mom in NY, they had bubble tea at the

grocery (to buy and drink at the cafe,not in the store aisle)... I

tried it and didn't like it at all! The " bubbles " were the oddest

texture, and I found myself holding the straw high to just drink

tea... no offense to teh folks that like it!