IndiaDivine.org

No Vampire Dip recipe post Hi Gayle here's a garlic one for you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here's one of my old favorite dips I make often. Very low is fat also, and bursting with flavor. "No Vampire Dip" 1 whole head of garlic1 onion chopped1 Tblsp. canola oil1/2 fresh parsley or cilantro chopped1 cup canned white beans rinsed and drained1 10 oz. or 10.5 oz. package of medium tofu drained and cut into pieces2 Tblsp. lemon juice1/2 tsp. salt Wrap head of garlic in foil and roast in preheated oven 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until very soft.Unwrap garlic, when cool press soft garlic out of papery skins into bowl, discard skins.Saute onion in oil for 3 minutes.Whisk onion, garlic, parsley or cilantro, beans, tofu, lemon

juice and salt in food precessor or blender until creamy. Chill and serve with fresh vegetables of your choice and pita chips.I love it spread on a grilled bun along with a veggie burger........ "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.