IndiaDivine.org

Business interview with Tofurky founder

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I think one of the first thoughts that people new to veganism have is opening a vegan restaurant :-) I know I've certainly had fleeting throughts about the idea, being able to combine different elements of restaurants I've enjoyed into a single experience, and maybe one day if I win lotto .. but I thought this article/interview about someone who DID take their idea for a vegan product and make it successful (while living in a tree house) was very interesting & insightful. I can only imagine all the taste tests they must have gone through!

Seth Tibbott, inventor of Tofurky and founder and president of Turtle Island Foods: "I did take some workshops at a small business association. I remember in one class, the instructor asked if any of us was out to save the world. Of course, my hand went right up. I think I was the only one. He then asked how many of us were out to make a lot of money. Everybody in the room raised their hands and cheered. I thought, "Oh man, I failed my first test."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123120503718255953.html

Also, BAVeg volunteers will be leafleting later this month in SF to distribute vegan recipes and information about factory farming to the public. Details will be forthcoming .. so stay tuned, or email me and I'll send you the details once we've got them confirmed.

Cheers,

Tammy

GenerationV for Vegan - blogging it all join me at upcoming BAVeg events -01/11 Food for Thought: Appetite for Profit - SF 01/29 Volunteer & Activist Community Dinner - SF more events | join BAVeg | volunteer People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this has also been done since the earliest of times. - Isaac Bashevis Singer