IndiaDivine.org

Wounded Dove /Unrequitted Love from Valentine's Day : (

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone know the best contact to call for rescuing a wounded dove? I live in West Oakland.

A dove alighted on my porch last night. It appears to be wounded. It has remained there all day, sitting in the rain, lonely and cold.

I don't want this to become another unrequitted dove story.... : )

PS: What to feed it?

Sri (Irvin)

Irvin,The International Bird Rescue Center in Cordelia might be able to give you some advice. Their phone number is 707-207-0380 and their website is www.ibrrc.org. A local shelter would probably euthanize the dove. I'm no bird expert, but I imagine the dove would eat bird seed and vegetables. Pigeons are doves and they eat just about anything. You might be be able to get it to drink water by dipping its beak in a bowl. Gail--- On Sun, 2/15/09, Irvin Collins <srila108 wrote:Irvin Collins <srila108Re: Wounded Dove /Unrequitted Love from Valentine's Day : ( Date: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 7:53

PM

Does anyone know the best contact to call for rescuing a wounded dove? I live in West Oakland.

A dove alighted on my porch last night. It appears to be wounded. It has remained there all day, sitting in the rain, lonely and cold.

I don't want this to become another unrequitted dove story.... : )

PS: What to feed it?

Sri (Irvin)

Contact Wild Care at http://www.wildcarebayarea.org/site/PageServer

Also, Megan Webb at Oakland Animal Services (a vegan) might have suggestions 510-535-5604.Or maybe

Mickaboo Bird rescue http://www.mickaboo.org/

Marcy SchaafFounder, SaveABunnywww.saveabunny.org415-388-2790"A New Generation of Rabbit Rescue"Save A Bunny. Save A Life. Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.