IndiaDivine.org

One day of your time to help countless animals! Please help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello SF Bay Veg!

The Healthy School Lunches campaign that I've been working on with PCRM (http://www.healthyschoollunches.org) has been gaining huge momentum in Congress and our meetings on the Hill are going REALLY well. It's looking more and more like getting healthy vegan food and non-dairy beverages into the National School Lunch Program could actually freaking happen. It's SUPER exciting.

The one area we really need help in is pressuring Congressman George Miller of Contra Costa and Solano Counties. That means we need signatures gathered in those counties more than anywhere else and we need them fast. The problem is, it's very hard to get activists in that area motivated and so I'm bussing them in!

I'm organizing caravans from SF and Oakland/Berkeley to Contra Costa or Solano Counties EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND DAY IN APRIL AND MAY and I need your help! I need people to get in these caravans and head out there to petition. I also need people to offer up their cars and drive. Depending on the amount of people I have for any given weekend day, I can fit a bunch in my car and if we have more people and more people who can drive, the more folks we can get out there.

So, my question is this, can you devote a weekend day (or days!) in the next month to getting these healthy vegetarian options into the NSLP? If you are willing to devote even one day to this, it will make a huge difference. This the absolute easiest thing to petition for. You ask people if they want healthier food in the NSLP and you rarely get told no, most everyone wants kids to have better choices. You will be going with buddies. It will not be hard, I promise! And, most importantly, it will help countless animals!!

If you're interested, email me back with specific day/s that you are available to petition. We'll probably leave the city at 11 am and get back around 3-4 pm so it won't even take up most of your day. Even one day helps. If you could look at your calendar now and email me back with the day/s you're willing to go out there, I will make sure you get there. I want to create this schedule now so please let me know as soon as possible. If you have a car and are willing to drive, let me know, we will cover your gas.

Thank you so much and I hope to hear back from you!

Best,

Laura Beck

415 832 9113

p.s. If you haven't downloaded a petition and want to collect from family and friends, you can get them (along with more info about the campaign!) here: http://healthyschoollunches.org/wyntergrace/grassroots.cfm