IndiaDivine.org

Vegan yoga instructors in San Francisco?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sam,

I'm so glad you asked!There are a few of us (vegan yoga teachers) that I know of in San Francisco.

There is Jeremy Moran, who teaches at Yogaworks in SF, and Amanda Moran, who teaches at Yoga Tree SF. They teach the Jivamukti style, and most Jivamukti teachers are vegan. (Jivamukti was founded by vegans Sharon Gannon and David Life, who are good friends of Ingrid Newkirk and PETA.)

I'm a vegan Kundalini teacher, and I teach on Tuesday evenings in the Haight.

Jivamukti is more hatha-based and a more athletic style, while Kundalini tends to be more stress-relieving, meditative, and energy-focused (but can still be very active).

Please don't hesitate to email me off-list if you have specific questions/would like more info.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Kowalski

Online Editorial Director

Yoga Journal | Vegetarian Times

415.591.0664 | akowalski

______ May all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas bless the billions of sentient beings in factory farms who will never feel the sun on their backs. And may they bless those who will never feel grass under their feet or the warmth of their mother. May those who imprison them and who profit from their death awake in perfect compassion and equanimity. May the billions awaiting their death not be filled with fear. -Buddhist prayer for farmed animals

Vegan yoga instructors in San Francisco?

Posted by: "Halsey Sam" samhalsey

Thu May 7, 2009 8:06 am (PDT)

Anybody know of any vegan yoga instructors in San Francisco?