IndiaDivine.org

Vegan pizza in Mill Valley

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Warren (from today's Boycott McDonald's demonstration in SF):

It's true. Tony Tutto's is a vegetarian/vegan pizza restaurant in Mill Valley. It opened in January. I just went by to check it out. There are six vegan pizzas on the menu. This would be a good place to eat before or after the anti-foie gras action at El Paseo (coming soon), a few blocks away.

www.tonytuttopizza.com

For all beings;

Claire Wylde

Guest guest

They listed themselves in our Guide back when they opened, and last I heard, no vegan cheese yet being offered. Any updates?

Nonetheless, that is what, now 2 veg restaurants for Marin, this place and Cafe Gratitude...

http://bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=891

I encourage folks who have enjoyed dining there (and other places) to support those businesses by reviewing them in our Guide. The Top Ten restaurants are then featured prominently on our website and in the monthly newsletter.

http://bayareaveg.org/ug/glossary.htm#add

Cheers,

Tammy

My two cents, vegan-style .. - today or read it on GenerationV.org

Save a life today - help us with public education & outreach

07/25 Plant-Powered Hikers: Redwoods! - Woodside 08/09 Food for Thought Philosophy Discussion: Case for Animal Rights - SF 09/19 Food for Thought Book Club: Ethics Into Action (new members welcome) - SF

Guest guest

Tammy and All, There's no vegan cheese and I don't think there's going to be, but the vegan cheeseless pizzas they have are good and the owner will put on the toppings you want; you don't have to stick to the 6 pizzas on the menu. He drizzles on olive oil after the pizzas come out of the oven. The ingredients are almost 100% organic. Unfortunately, the crust, as is traditional, is white bread, but these are good. Vegan cheese would not improve them. They're not pizzas such as those at Pizza Plaza, but they're worth a try. Lisa

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Tammy, BAVeg <tammy wrote:

They listed themselves in our Guide back when they opened, and last I heard, no vegan cheese yet being offered.  Any updates? 

Non-- " Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends "   - George Bernard Shaw

“The reasonable (person) adapts (herself/himself) to the world; the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to (herself/himself). Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable (person).” - George Bernard Shaw

Guest guest

I cannot wait to try this place!

Warren

In a message dated 7/19/09 10:02:19 AM, lisavegansf writes:

Tammy and All, There's no vegan cheese and I don't think there's going to be, but the vegan cheeseless pizzas they have are good and the owner will put on the toppings you want; you don't have to stick to the 6 pizzas on the menu. He drizzles on olive oil after the pizzas come out of the oven. The ingredients are almost 100% organic. Unfortunately, the crust, as is traditional, is white bread, but these are good. Vegan cheese would not improve them. They're not pizzas such as those at Pizza Plaza, but they're worth a try. Lisa

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Tammy, BAVeg <tammy wrote:

They listed themselves in our Guide back when they opened, and last I heard, no vegan cheese yet being offered.  Any updates? 

Non

**************An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323041x1201367261/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072 & hmpgID=62 & bcd=JulyExcfooterNO62)

Guest guest

The owner is wonderful. These are not typical U.S. pizzas but I suspect they're authentic southern Italian pizzas. The place is definitely worth a try. There's one with arugula I haven't been able to try yet because the owner says it doesn't travel well and so far I've always gotten to go/to go back to San Francisco. They have indoor and outdoor benches and a few indoor tables for eating there. Lisa

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 10:12 PM, <wgjii wrote:

I cannot wait to try this place!

Warren

-- " Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends "   - George Bernard Shaw“The reasonable (person) adapts (herself/himself) to the world; the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to (herself/himself). Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable (person).” - George Bernard Shaw