IndiaDivine.org

Bill Maher- vegan? ( PETA bashing - a whale of an idea)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi.  Just responding to the comment about Bill Maher.  I am an avid Bill Maher fan and was very surprised about a year or more ago when on Real Time w/ Bill Maher he said he was a PETA board member (well, he says this a lot) and not a veg*n. 

Since then, I am pretty sure he has become vegan.  I have an acquaintance who knows him, so I could ask her, but if someone else knows the answer, I'd prefer that (she doesn't like questions about her celebrity friends).  If you saw the Sundance show with him and Clive Barnes (?), a producer, he talked about being a raw food person, and I'm pretty sure he has said on Real Time lately that he does not eat animals/animal products.

Re: peta having him on his board while he still ate meat (of course, he's very, very wealthy and does love animals- so fwiw, it would have been from small farms he personally was knowledgable about, I know, I know, still very bad)  Loves animals and ate meat?  It takes some people a while. 

Meanwhile, a public personality who is very popular has been on Jay Leno, Letterman, Larry King, his own show, many stand-up gigs,  etc. promoting kindness and compassion to animals, repeatedly stating he's a PETA boardmember (which makes PETA seem less marginal to middle America).  And he is very media saavy and knows how to present the message in a way calculated to appeal to the mass audience.

My 2 cents,

Stephanie

-- " Our task must be to widen our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. "   Albert Einstein

" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated. "    Mahatma Gandhi