IndiaDivine.org

So Delicious Coconut Milk products

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

I have to disagree with the statements about the new coconut milk

products by So Delicious. I'm vegan and cannot tolerate soy. For a long

time I had to cut all of the indulgence foods from my diet, with the

exception of coconut milk ice cream/sorbet. Then, Turtle Mountain came up with their line of coconut milk products; I was overjoyed. True, I haven't tried the coconut milk drink, but that's because I feel like there are better milk alternatives out there. But I'm addicted to their coconut milk yogurt. While the pina colada and chocolate flavors are really not good in my opinion, their strawberry, raspberry and vanilla flavors are absolutely mouthwatering. Their new coconut milk creamer made me jump with joy and exploded my taste buds, and I can't say enough for their line of ice-cream, ice-cream sandwiches and fudgesicles. While they're still a bit pricey, I'm willing to splurge on their products and indulge in their creamy texture. And while coconuts are imported from Thailand, I still believe they are less taxing on the environment than the monocropped, rainforest destroying, land burning soybean.Michal

You can also bypass the preservatives and make your own milk. My favorite is hemp.1/2 cup hemp seeds5 cups water2 soaked datesa splash of agavea pinch of sea saltBlend - Enjoy!You can substitute the hemp seeds for almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, etc...Happy Sunday,RoseReporter & Host, KALW 91.7 FM in San Francisco Your Call - 11:00 am - Noon PST -- now on KUSP 88.9 FM in Santa Cruz500 Mansell StreetSan Francisco, CA 94134office: 415.841.4121http://www.yourcallradio.org/Twitter: roseaguilar3Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vegandolphinAuthor of Red Highwayshttp://booktour.com/author/rose_aguilarOn Nov 22, 2009, at 11:42 AM, michal wrote:Hi All,I have to disagree with the statements about the new coconut milk products by So Delicious. I'm vegan and cannot tolerate soy. For a long time I had to cut all of the indulgence foods from my diet, with the exception of coconut milk ice cream/sorbet. Then, Turtle Mountain came up with their line of coconut milk products; I was overjoyed. True, I haven't tried the coconut milk drink, but that's because I feel like there are better milk alternatives out there. But I'm addicted to their coconut milk yogurt. While the pina colada and chocolate flavors are really not good in my opinion, their strawberry, raspberry and vanilla flavors are absolutely mouthwatering. Their new coconut milk creamer made me jump with joy and exploded my taste buds, and I can't say enough for their line of ice-cream, ice-cream sandwiches and fudgesicles. While they're still a bit pricey, I'm willing to splurge on their products and indulge in their creamy texture. And while coconuts are imported from Thailand, I still believe they are less taxing on the environment than the monocropped, rainforest destroying, land burning soybean.Michal.

Michal,Thanks for another opinion. Sounds like you like their

heavy (high fat) products pretty well, which is what I think coconut is

good for.What's funny is you actually seem to agree with Winnie

and I on the milk and the chocolate yogurt respectively. The problem

is that these are some of the products people are likely to try first,

so if they don't do those well how many customers will go back a 2nd

and 3rd time?As far as the environment is concerned, Thailand

and nearby countries do not have a good environmental record on oil

palms. They've probably been doing at least as bad as our soy

producers. I don't know specifically about coconut trees, but there is

little reason to believe they are doing any better than with the palm

trees monocropped for oil (and biodiesel).Greg--- On Sun,

11/22/09, michal <rainbeam4 wrote:michal <rainbeam4 So Delicious Coconut Milk products Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 11:42 AM

Hi All,

exception of coconut milk ice cream/sorbet. Then, Turtle Mountain came

up with their line of coconut milk products; I was overjoyed. True, I

haven't tried the coconut milk drink, but that's because I feel like

there are better milk alternatives out there. But I'm addicted to their

coconut milk yogurt. While the pina colada and chocolate flavors are

really not good in my opinion, their strawberry, raspberry and vanilla

flavors are absolutely mouthwatering. Their new coconut milk creamer

made me jump with joy and exploded my taste buds, and I can't say

enough for their line of ice-cream, ice-cream sandwiches and

fudgesicles. While they're still a bit pricey, I'm willing to splurge

on their products and indulge in their creamy texture. And while

coconuts are imported from Thailand, I still believe they are less

taxing on the environment than the monocropped, rainforest destroying,

land burning soybean.Michal

Just wanted to put my two cents in that I think the So Delicious Coconut drink is AWESOME too. Try it and decide for yourself. I had it with granola for breakfast at a host's house during an outreach trip (haven't bought it for myself yet) and nearly melted with pleasure. Brian GrupeNorthern California Outreach CoordinatorVegan OutreachPlease visit: www.adoptacollege.orgTo: From: rainbeam4Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:42:32 -0800 So Delicious Coconut Milk products

Hi All,

exception of coconut milk ice cream/sorbet. Then, Turtle Mountain came up with their line of coconut milk products; I was overjoyed. True, I haven't tried the coconut milk drink, but that's because I feel like there are better milk alternatives out there. But I'm addicted to their coconut milk yogurt. While the pina colada and chocolate flavors are really not good in my opinion, their strawberry, raspberry and vanilla flavors are absolutely mouthwatering. Their new coconut milk creamer made me jump with joy and exploded my taste buds, and I can't say enough for their line of ice-cream, ice-cream sandwiches and fudgesicles. While they're still a bit pricey, I'm willing to splurge on their products and indulge in their creamy texture. And while coconuts are imported from Thailand, I still believe they are less taxing on the environment than the monocropped, rainforest destroying, land burning soybean.Michal

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.